SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats to the Sioux and their fans.

sagard

Good job starting a new post when you could have just said this in the 100 other posts that say the exact same thing.

go to sleep, you will feel better tomorrow :silly:

take some lessons fro sagard, your a clown and now a SS moderator :ohmy:

Good job starting a new post when you could have just said this in the 100 other posts that say the exact same thing.

chandler go lay down by your dish ....................... don't try to rob sagard of the class that he has

It was an incredibly intense game for all 60 minutes .............. wow!

Thanks Sagard. Reading the internet the last few days and then watching postgame interviews has left me at odds with myself on how to take this game. I've concluded that the internet doesn't foster friendliness in rivalries. Basically, reading fan exchanges on various websites had left me with some pretty hard feelings towards the Gophers -- worse than my routine hatred.

Then I watched MN play their guts out; both teams really played well, and a victory by either would not have been undeserved. And in the postgame interview, Lucia was complimentary and a stand-up guy. I don't really think I hate the hockey team so much as the fans that spew such stupidity on the internet. And of course I know the green-tinted version of the stupidity can be found here in probably the same quantity.

The funny thing is that almost all the Gopher fans I know personally (and I'm surrounded by them) are good fans. So I guess I'll try to take the internet with a grain of salt and cheer on the Sioux.

And still cheer against MN, but more nicely.

Sagard,

You are a class act and deserve to wear the M. This was the best hockey game that I saw all year. I don't smoke, yet I had a cigarette between each period. Two legendary programs, one helluva hockey game. I met a couple Gopher fans this weekend that taught me not to be so judgemental. True Gopher hockey fans know the game and saw this for it was, a clash of the titans. Just like last weekend, it was a coin flip of a contest. I am sure we will be on the short end of the stick again, as will you in the next couple years. Great season to the Gophers. They had some talented kids, and they are an elite program. Losing in OT to go to the FF is a great year. Thanks for being a class act.

Sagard,

You are a class act and deserve to wear the M. This was the best hockey game that I saw all year. I don't smoke, yet I had a cigarette between each period. Two legendary programs, one helluva hockey game. I met a couple Gopher fans this weekend that taught me not to be so judgemental. True Gopher hockey fans know the game and saw this for it was, a clash of the titans. Just like last weekend, it was a coin flip of a contest. I am sure we will be on the short end of the stick again, as will you in the next couple years. Great season to the Gophers. They had some talented kids, and they are an elite program. Losing in OT to go to the FF is a great year. Thanks for being a class act.

Ditto.

There's a few Gopher fans that I feel badly for, and Sagard is one of them. It was a great contest and both teams deserved to win, IMO. Sioux got it done this time. If these teams play 10 times they probably both win 5.

Thanks Sagard...the Gophers are 2nd only to ndsWHO in my (often INSANE) BLIND SPORTS HATRED but it was a great game and it was settled on the ice. I do appreciate class though...and if you can't return that extra bottle of BLONDE #27 you bought for the FF...I'm willing to kick in a bit to cut your losses ???:silly::ohmy: (JOKE! :) ) Hopefully we can do the WCHA proud!

I'm not going to lie, this one hurts.

Good luck to you all in St. Louis.

And now you owe us $100,000! :silly:

But thanks, sagard, and thanks to all the Gopher fans who posted messages congratulating the Sioux for tonight's win.

As I said after UND swept Minnesota, the Sioux were fortunate to play the Gophers at that particular time. The last two weekends show that the two teams are much closer to being equal than the January sweep indicated.

Thanks Sagard. Reading the internet the last few days and then watching postgame interviews has left me at odds with myself on how to take this game. I've concluded that the internet doesn't foster friendliness in rivalries. Basically, reading fan exchanges on various websites had left me with some pretty hard feelings towards the Gophers -- worse than my routine hatred.

I wish all fans...of every team...could be as classy as Sagard. Tonight was a tightly fought, disciplined (if not too careful) of a game, and I would have been proud of either team making it to the FF. Although obviously I'm pumped that the Sioux won! I don't know how many Sioux fans were at the games, but tonight the camera guys kept putting my signs on the big screen, then a Gopher fan's "Sioux is a girl's name" sign on, and back and forth like that. It was hilarious. Next thing you know, the Gopher fan behind me, who I exchanged 'my team is better than yours' words with earlier, leaned forward and ripped one of my signs in half while I was on the big screen. Wow. All I could do was turn around and tell him how sad he was. And people wonder how I can be so disgraceful as to wear a Holy Cross jersey. :silly:

Anyway, that's all in the past and I'm ready to cheer the Sioux on to #8!!! Thanks Sagard, and GO SIOUX!!

P.S. Tyra Banks was sitting 2 tables over from us at Wazee's tonight when we were getting some munchies.

I'm not going to lie, this one hurts.

Good luck to you all in St. Louis.

As someone who plays on the same old man hockey team with sagard, I can tell you that he is often the voice of reason...

That is, unless you put a stick across his grill, then it all goes out the window... :silly:

Nice win by the Sioux. I think they played the better game yesterday, and while it was tight, they deserved the win. As much as it pains me to say it, good luck in the FF and do the WCHA proud. (mind you, that last statement took me almost three years and $10k in therapy to say, but I said it... :ohmy: )

No regrets.....it was a great game where both teams had chances to win it, in both regulation, and in overtime.

The real shame is that this game wasn't played in the Frozen Four, where a lot more people would have exposed to what college hockey is REALLY about.

You should be very proud of heart and desire that your guys played with. I certainly am of mine.

The best of luck St. Louis !!