SiouxSports.com Forum

Booooooo

yekcoh

True, he didn't respond well to the poor sportsmanship displayed by some the the Patriots. However, except for that one incident, he's been a class act in the NFL.

Exactly, we are all human.

Every fan base has moron fans and great fans alike. I personally don't mind a little taunting. I think with everything that has been transpiring with our beloved nickname we are all a little sensative with the choice of taunts by some fans. I know I have said F-the Bison or F-the gophers many a time. Those who live in glass houses........

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, we are all human.

Every fan base has moron fans and great fans alike. I personally don't mind a little taunting. I think with everything that has been transpiring with our beloved nickname we are all a little sensative with the choice of taunts by some fans. I know I have said F-the Bison or F-the gophers many a time. Those who live in glass houses........

PS... I live in Fort Worth so I have followed LT's career. I think he is a hell of a football player and a hell of a good guy.

However, even as a Gopher fan I got a kick out of Brian Schutte (sp?) when he 'shushed' the crowd at the X in 2002. That might be inconsistent I suppose but I think there are ways to celebrate outside of just raising a stick that aren't necessarily going too far.

Actually, it was Michael Schutte who scored Maine's first goal in the 2002 title game. Wasn't the "shhh" from Peter Metcalf, though?

The heated rivalry stems from putting together a top team every single year. Our benchmarks for a successful season are frozen four appearances and national titles. Think how lucky we are!! Both us and the Gopher fans. I personally am ever hesitant to gloat too much over a win, because the tables are always turning. This year is no exception. If we meet again on Sunday it will be a coin flip. I am not going to gloat if we win, because I know how bad it sucks to lose, and a little puck luck, a bad line change, a stupid penalty, a bad call...its all part of the game. Anyone who blames any single player for a loss is nuts. It is a game of inches and seconds, and it is a team game.

As for booing Lammy, it is the nature of the beast. I don't think any rational or sober person would be booing out of disdain for his performance or his personality. He is probably the most emotional Sioux player on the ice, and so he is the player the fans love to hate. I used to boo Vanek, not because I didn't think he was talented, because he was a guy every school would want on your team, and he was wearing the wrong color jersey. It was easy to label him a loafer or a one way player and boo him, but deep down we all knew he was the real deal (34 lighters and leading the NHL in plus minus_)

Think how lucky both squads are, out of the last four or five years we have 2 budding NHL superstars in parise and vanek. Martin, Ballard, Leopold, Taffe, Bochenski, Zajac, Kessel, Greene, Commodore, Stafford all skating regular NHL shifts right now. Toews, Oshie, Chorney, Johnson, and Okposo could be joining those ranks next year.

Wow! No boos on this season, we've both had successdul ones so far by every other team in the leagues standard. One (or both)of us will be disppointed after this weekend.

Well said, yzerman19! A voice of reason in this thread!

Part of what I REALLY enjoy in college sports in general, and Sioux Hockey in particular, is the excitement, cheering and POSITIVE reinforcement in the fan response to quality play on the ice (or field/court). The nonsensical trash-talking between opposing fans, the out-of-control hatred of the opposition's team and fans, is adolescent and just makes a person look stupid.

So many "fans" lose sight of the fact that this is a SPORTING EVENT! It's supposed to be ENTERTAINMENT! I don't see Americans blast Al Qaeda with the kind of viotrolic hate that I see posted here about people/players/fans from Minnesota!

SHEESH!

all right, the jig is up, you can quote me, "WE as Gopher fans are the most ignorant, arrogant, rude, unhsportsmanlike, crass, unknowlwedgable, and unappreciative hockey fans inthe world. The Gopher hockey team should be disbanded, our ties to the WCHA should be canceled, our Banners torched, our records, title and history expunged, and Marriucci razed. As further punishment, the Excel center should have its refridgerated flooring system removed and converted to a concert only venue so the FINAL FIVE can never be played there again. But that's not all, all revenue ever attained or projected future revenues that would have been collected by Gopher Hockey should be paid to UND as punishment for crimes against hockey and as a tribute to the greatest hockey team, program and fans ever created. Theys have a long history of perfection, infalability and complete supremessing in every aspect of hockey from on ice strategy to behvaior in the stands. I count myself as fortunate for being able to wtiness the UND hockey holiness. I opnly hope to one day touch the hem of your Sioux garments."

Honestly, some of the rubes here would NOT be satisfied with that - they'd also want you to hand over your children to foster parents in ND, and have your shaved head tatooed with the Sioux logo.

Perhaps a new thread should be started on a "wish list" of what all Sioux fans want "pstar" to do to make up for "Gopher crimes?"

:glare:

Congratulations for the dumbest post in this thread (an intense competition, I might add!)

Sheesh!

Wow did I get told :love::D Welcome aboard Addict, I can't wait to read and dissect your contributions to this forum.

This thread is a waste of time as you have to scroll back a very long way to find an entry related to Sioux hockey. Plenty of great discussions regarding other teams and football with the occaisonal mention of Chroney's action. A team's conduct reflects their coaching staff. If you feel differently and so strongly about the Gopher program perhaps you would care to share your vast knowledge with them over on GPL.

Wow did I get told :love::D Welcome aboard Addict, I can't wait to read and dissect your contributions to this forum.

This thread is a waste of time as you have to scroll back a very long way to find an entry related to Sioux hockey. Plenty of great discussions regarding other teams and football with the occaisonal mention of Chroney's action. A team's conduct reflects their coaching staff. If you feel differently and so strongly about the Gopher program perhaps you would care to share your vast knowledge with them over on GPL.

I'm confused...

Why would someone with the ID of SiouxAddict be a Gopher fan?

This guy and bear man are spittin' images of each other. A couple of "the world should be a nice place with fuzzy bunnies and rainbows for everyone" kind of guys. Moral barometers, if you will. They are more worried about what people post, than they are about hockey. Allow me to steal one of you very own phrases here Hab. A couple of mint julep sipping twinkies. ;)

This guy and bear man are spittin' images of each other. A couple of "the world should be a nice place with fuzzy bunnies and rainbows for everyone" kind of guys. Moral barometers, if you will. They are more worried about what people post, than they are about hockey. Allow me to steal one of you very own phrases here Hab. A couple of mint julep sipping twinkies. ;)

There are always a few bunny kissing tree huggers in every crowd. :D

Actually, not all tree huggers are so animal friendly...

"The zoo must kill the bear."

I just thought everyone should know that HockeyMom ran over the Easter Bunny yesterday. The poor thing had just managed to get away from the coyotes that live near my house and BOOM! she got 'em as he was crossing the road. :glare: I believe it was in a crosswalk as well. :D

I just thought everyone should know that HockeyMom ran over the Easter Bunny yesterday. The poor thing had just managed to get away from the coyotes that live near my house and BOOM! she got 'em as he was crossing the road. :love: I believe it was in a crosswalk as well. :D

I can neither confirm or deny the accusations.

collegehumor.f9b9261d53da14b36e7c7cc3a6dd6730.jpg

:glare:

I can say that the entire scene was cleaned up before the children arrived at the day care provider's house that it happened in front of.

I just thought everyone should know that HockeyMom ran over the Easter Bunny yesterday. The poor thing had just managed to get away from the coyotes that live near my house and BOOM! she got 'em as he was crossing the road. :glare: I believe it was in a crosswalk as well. :love:

Wow, don't scare me like that, Siouxmama! For a second there, when I read that you had killed a "bunny" yesterday, my first reaction was that I hoped it wasn't THIS bunny...

tiffany.jpg