SiouxSports.com Forum

More NCAA hockey tournament predictions

jimdahl

From eLynah, KRACH predictions for the first and second round survivors:

KRACH predictions

Despite not being on most of our radars for not being a traditional power, KRACH likes Notre Dame's chances, giving them a 58% chance of getting through to the F4. Though Minnesota is at 61%, that's largely on the back of a ridiculous 95% chance of winning their opening round game (to ND's 89%).

From eLynah, KRACH predictions for the first and second round survivors:

KRACH predictions

Despite not being on most of our radars for not being a traditional power, KRACH likes Notre Dame's chances, giving them a 58% chance of getting through to the F4. Though Minnesota is at 61%, that's largely on the back of a ridiculous 95% chance of winning their opening round game (to ND's 89%).

Krach has AF as a 1:20 chance. Last year Holy Cross was a 1:6 chance. The Gophers better not let this one slip. ;)

That or a basic grasp of probability and a spreadsheet program. :blush:

Yikes, so basically some IT person has designed a program using something like excel to predict the NCAA tourney?

I just hope they didn't do it on company time. ;)

Krach has AF as a 1:20 chance. Last year Holy Cross was a 1:6 chance. The Gophers better not let this one slip. ;)

Well, Air Force has 10 Minnesotans on their squad and they practice at that altitude all year long. My guess is they are gonna come out flying. That being said, sorry Air Force...not this year.

Well, Air Force has 10 Minnesotans on their squad and they practice at that altitude all year long. My guess is they are gonna come out flying. That being said, sorry Air Force...not this year.

I'm guessing either Air Force or Alabama is going to give either the Gophers or Notre Dame fits. I'm hoping its Notre Dame this year. ;)

Well, the last time I said this, I got owned, but I think the Gophers shouldn't have a problem with Air Force. Sure, they have Minnesota talent on the team, but that talent isn't very deep. I don't think Air Force could beat UAA even.

Ehns is a good player, but I just don't see them having enough to get by Minnesota.

UAH vs. Notre Dame is indeed the best bet this season for a lesser conference team to upset a bigger conference team. That being said, I expect the AHA and CHA to once again go home early.

Well, the last time I said this, I got owned, but I think the Gophers shouldn't have a problem with Air Force. Sure, they have Minnesota talent on the team, but that talent isn't very deep. I don't think Air Force could beat UAA even.

Ehns is a good player, but I just don't see them having enough to get by Minnesota.

UAH vs. Notre Dame is indeed the best bet this season for a lesser conference team to upset a bigger conference team. That being said, I expect the AHA and CHA to once again go home early.

I agree with Redwing.

I don't think that's happened before. The Gophs are a league above UAF.

And I think the CHA will go home early.

Massachusetts over Clarkson is a good bet for a #4 taking out a #1. I see Clarkson being a very weak seed, considering they really haven't played anyone this year. St. Lawrence seems to be a very weak #3 also. Unless teams are in the WCHA and HEA, i don't see them having much experience against the best competition

Massachusetts over Clarkson is a good bet for a #4 taking out a #1. I see Clarkson being a very weak seed, considering they really haven't played anyone this year. St. Lawrence seems to be a very weak #3 also. Unless teams are in the WCHA and HEA, i don't see them having much experience against the best competition

I think its very likely Clarkson loses. I mean they have a one seed. Seriously!? One and done. :silly: