SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/St. Cloud

GeauxSioux

SCSU preps for UND

If they are unable to stop the potent UND offense again, they will play in the third place game at 2:07.

UND has averaged 4.47 goals a game since Dec. 29 and are led by a strong sophomore class with Ryan Duncan, Jonathan Towes, and TJ Oshie who are the teams top 3 scorers and residents of the their first line.

"Say what you want about that line, they're just three of the hardest working individuals in the country," UND Head Coach Dave Hakstol said.

Going up against the stingy UND defense will also be a tough task for the Husky offensive.

Junior goalie Philippe Lamoureux has come on strongly in the clutch and has been the anchor to the recent success of UND.

How many hours until game time? It can't come soon enough.

Go Sioux!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Sleeping Editors, Batman! They said "Fighting Sioux" at least three times in that article! :angry::D

I see a tight game that can go either way. The Friday night game in SCSU was telling of what can happen when both teams are on their game. Let's hope Goepfert isn't on his.

Since they can't tie, I'll be a homer and go with 3-2 Sioux. ;)

Sioux 4 SCSU2

-- Sioux start strong with a 2 goal lead in the first, they trade goals in the second to make it 3-1, scsu pulls within one with 8 minutes left, andpull their goalie with 2 minutes left ... empty netter ends a nail-biter at 4-2 Sioux

It's gonna be a great hockey weekend!

Eric Schmoldt, USCHO's WCHA Correspondent, snubs the Sioux by picking them to win the Broadmoor Cup. ;)

North Dakota 5, Minnesota 3: The Sioux win the Broadmoor for the second straight year and take a 19-game unbeaten streak into the NCAA tournament.

UND has a 19-game unbeaten streak going? :angry:

I can't agree with this statement by Schmoldt:

In a Final Five chock-full of solid goaltending, the Sioux are left out in that department. The other four teams boast four of the top five netminders in the league in terms of goals against average, while Philippe Lamoureux sits seventh. It's going to be hard to make these games into offensive slugfests, they could be in trouble.

If you look at overall goalie stats for the season, Lamoureux appears below average in the league. If you look at what he's done the second half of the season, he's been as good as anyone. The Sioux are not at a disadvantage in goal.

Eric Schmoldt, USCHO's WCHA Correspondent, snubs the Sioux by picking them to win the Broadmoor Cup. :angry:

I can't agree with this statement by Schmoldt, however:

If you look at overall goalie stats for the season, Lamoureux appears below average in the league. If you look at what he's done the second half of the season, he's been as good as anyone. The Sioux are not at a disadvantage in goal.

Someone get this clip to Phil ASAP!

In a Final Five chock-full of solid goaltending, the Sioux are left out in that department. The other four teams boast four of the top five netminders in the league in terms of goals against average, while Philippe Lamoureux sits seventh. It's going to be hard to make these games into offensive slugfests, they could be in trouble.

I was thinking the same damn thing when I read that. Phil has been phenomenal in the second half of the season. No one can dispute that.

Are there any webcast for the weekend. I have some friends in the south right now, and like most of the south it is impossible to even hear about hockey yet alone see it! Some would like to watch if possible? Thanks!

If they're near southeast Tennessee, tell them to come over! The next two weekends are the two best weekends of the year for college hockey fans. I set up both TVs in the same room, and have two computers rolling as well. As far as webcasts, not sure about them. Don't know if St. Cloud will show their games on their B2 network. Best way to find out is to visit their home page. Same goes with pretty much every other team.

Eric Schmoldt, USCHO's WCHA Correspondent, snubs the Sioux by picking them to win the Broadmoor Cup. ;)

Darn USCHO reporters! :angry:

Obviously he's looking at Phil's overall stats, and not the numbers he's put up since Xmas. You're right, Phil wouldn't care about this. He's well aware what he needs to do, and I'm sure he'll do it to the best of his ability.

You're right, Phil wouldn't care about this. He's well aware what he needs to do, and I'm sure he'll do it to the best of his ability.

And if he continues to play the way he's been playing, the Sioux will be fine.

I don't think UND is at a disadvantage in any category against any team in the Final Five. The one big advantage the Sioux have is the DOT Line.

And if he continues to play the way he's been playing, the Sioux will be fine.

I don't think UND is at a disadvantage in any category against any team in the Final Five. The one big advantage the Sioux have is the DOT Line.

A month ago, they would have been the equalizer for us in the offensive category, basically meaning that if you shut them down, we wouldn't stand a chance. However, as with the past 2 years, Hak has found away to get the other 3 lines rolling, and they definitely are the clear advantage with our offense compared to any other team in this tournament.

After watching Tech tonite I think Lammy is at least better than Teslak. Not his best outing.

Don't know about that, dagies. Maybe he wasn't at his best but really... how good was JPar or Lammy when he had nothing in front of him? His team didn't show up for most of the game. By the time they did they couldn't figure Elliott out so it was too late.

Really, the goals scored were bad defensive breakdowns (Geoffrion, Gorowsky), nasty deflection (Joudrey), and fluke (Davies). Not much to blame Teslak for there.

I hope UW goes into tonight's game thinking they can score four goals against the Gophers and then find the Gophers noncompliant. Basically, if the Sioux win this afternoon, I want the Gophers to win tonight. If the Sioux lose, I want the Gophers to lose. I don't want to play UW. Period.

Don't know about that, dagies. Maybe he wasn't at his best but really... how good was JPar or Lammy when he had nothing in front of him? His team didn't show up for most of the game. By the time they did they couldn't figure Elliott out so it was too late.

Really, the goals scored were bad defensive breakdowns (Geoffrion, Gorowsky), nasty deflection (Joudrey), and fluke (Davies). Not much to blame Teslak for there.

I hope UW goes into tonight's game thinking they can score four goals against the Gophers and then find the Gophers noncompliant. Basically, if the Sioux win this afternoon, I want the Gophers to win tonight. If the Sioux lose, I want the Gophers to lose. I don't want to play UW. Period.

Personally, I hope that UW/UMTC set a new WCHA record for the longest game ever played and that the result becomes available as I am waking up tomorrow morning.

The Sioux made Elliot and WI look terrible last year at the F5 - why should this year be any different?

I don't think the boys fear anyone/anyteam/anywhere right now - no one wants to face the Sioux.