SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mavericks Saturday Night

Siouxdonyms

Spring Break always started or ended early for me, due to the hockey season. What's happening with students these days??? :silly:

stayed for last night and didn't want to intrude on my place to stay for too long since the dorms closed. plus wanted to get home since I might be making it to the Final Five next weekend.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, that would be why I am at home. I know that at least 7 of my friends are there, but as for everyone else, I don't know. Those there need to get into it, none of these leaving with four minutes left like last night.

I agree. We were at the game last night, and with almost 5 minutes left in the game, we saw quite a few people leaving. It's just not right, because not all of us are able to go to the games and enjoy being there at every home game like some people. Not only that, but that's also when the excitement and intensity was starting to grow. The ones that left early missed out on some great action, and we really thought there could've been a fight break out. Mostly from Mankato.

Strategy for the Second Period:

1. Keep on pressuring, forechecking, and chipping away at the Mavs

2. Play keeping in mind that the Mavs have a sixth man on the ice, Anderson. He seems committed to giving the Mavs the benefit of the doubt. Mavs should have had 3 penalties(1 was called -- Kalinski, Fabian was tripped on the breakaway, and Porter was checked from behind (the minor because he wasn't near the boards)). Anderson hasn't made any BS calls on the Sioux, he just isn't calling it both ways (typical). Coinciding with this, Porter and Kozek (the only two I caught) and crew should stop looking for Anderson to call penalties on their behalf. It apparently isn't going to happen. Get up and get back in the play (they should do that anyways).

So, lets come out and play hard!

By the way, Matt Watkins, first time color and all but... TALK dude! Don't worry about sucking at it. If Masucko, Bredahl, and Santo (Cubs baseball) can do it, you sure can.

Lennon on as intermission guest.

Therse talk of a Bigsky/Great west merger? I havent even heard star2city come up with that idea. He sounds optimistic, im glad he is in charge of our football program. He says teh Great west may take us for 2008, decision in a couple weeks.