SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday Night Officiating

BigGreyAnt41

I thought there were some holds and tackles that could have been called on Denver, but I didn't think it was the difference in the game. The Sioux power play went 0-4 and didn't look good at all.

The Sioux power play went 0-4 and didn't look good at all.

Power Play sucked.Does Blais spin a wheel to pick which goalie will play in the net?

If I could have sat in the student section I would have ....well maybe I am not that mad yet.

But Sheppard is the new Don Adam in my book. ;)

In the third period the Sioux had an odd-man rush so a sixth Denver player came on the ice and nothing was called. They played with six attackers for almost a minute. Didn't anyone else see this? The whole section behind the Denver goalie was yelling at the stupid officiating crew. This was basically at the point where things turned around because of that lack of call. He also didn't call one right by the net because he thought the guy dove, yet he made the same call for Denver earlier. This leagues officiating is a joke.

In the third period the Sioux had an odd-man rush so a sixth Denver player came on the ice and nothing was called.

I remember noticing at one point when the Sioux had a 3-on-1 rush going, a Denver player very conveniently came off the bench just ahead of the play to help break up the rush. I didn't think to count how many players the Pioneers had on the ice at that point.

In the third period the Sioux had an odd-man rush so a sixth Denver player came on the ice and nothing was called. They played with six attackers for almost a minute. Didn't anyone else see this? The whole section behind the Denver goalie was yelling at the stupid officiating crew. This was basically at the point where things turned around because of that lack of call. He also didn't call one right by the net because he thought the guy dove, yet he made the same call for Denver earlier. This leagues officiating is a joke.

What was interesting is there is a break away and the Denver player just jumps off the bench and breaks up the call in front of the refs and 10,000 people. I have never seen that play before. Should have been a penalty.

But Sheppard is the new Don Adam in my book. ;)

Don Adam actually has been fairly consistant this season, from what I've seen, but you're right on that Derek Shephard's consistancy has left a lot to be desired ever since last year's Gopher series.

Good luck to the Sioux tonight...fans, you need to get them fired up.

I was at the Wisconsin series and Campion called two great games. It is too bad he doesn't make his way up here very often. I sure hope someone talked to Shepard to get his head out from down there, or there could be a lot of heart attacks from people yelling at him.