SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State High School Games

01grad

Are there any future Sioux guys that are playing in this thing that we should watch? Or just other college bound guys to keep an eye on? I noticed with Warroad their coaches are Hasbargen's probably related to Adrian and they have a Marvin, is this Lee's brother? Thanks in advance, just thought I would start this to keep updated since I won't be around a tv much, but by a computer teaching at school the next couple of days.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy from Rosemount where I teach who defected and went to St. Thomas named Saintey and I think somebody told me he had a couple of goals tonight. Too bad to see that people leave an up and coming program to go to a private school, but I guess that is just the way it is and will probably always be like that which is why I like not seeing Holy Angels and Cretin Derham-Hall in this thing.

isnt marvin going to st cloud?

aaron ness from roseau is a bad azz d man, sophmore i think, i believe his dad played at UND and there is another forward on roseau that is on some radars

yes. So is Christian from Moorhead.

From the MN AP All state ballot (from teams in the MN tourney):

Ben Hanowski, SO, Little Falls: Center, 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, 37 goals, 67 assists, 104 total points, 7 power-play goals, 9 short-handed goals, second in Section 4-1A scoring to teammate Jared Festler thru section semifinals. Beau's little brother age wise, but much bigger. A great all-around player who is being heavily recruited by WCHA schools including Minnesota, St. Cloud State, Wisconsin, North Dakota, etc

Matt Reber, SR, Edina: Had 27 goals and 39 assists this season; Quick forward that sees the ice well; Mr. Hockey finalist. Helped lead Hornets to top seed in Class 2A state tourney. Second team all-metro.

Jake Hendrickson, JR, Burnsville: Led the Lake Conference in points. Had 24 goals, 42 assists, 66 points. Third team all-metro for Section 5AA champions

Zach Budish, SO, Edina: 16 goals 22 assists; considered one of top prospects in his age group; 6-3, 195; Good puck sill, vision and passing ability. Has ability to control game

Aaron Crandall, JR, St. Thomas Academy: Second team all-metro. Had 1.29 GAA, .936 save pct

Sam Foley, SR, Woodbury: Went 13-5-1, .924 save percentage, 1.77 GAA

Nate Hardy, SR, Hermantown: Had 1.9 goals against, .927 save percentage, 3 shutouts; led team to its second straight state tournament

Chris Franks, SR, Burnsville: Had 11 goals, 27 assists. Solid two-way player. Third team all-metro

Joe Gleason, JR, Edina: Had 9 goals and 20 assists this season; Puck-handling, mobile defenseman that sees the ice well, very good skater, and makes nice passes out of the defensive zone. Third team all-metro. Physical player

Chad Huttel, SR, Hermantown: Had 14 goals, 29 assists, 43 points; leader of top-ranked, undefeated team

Patrick McClure, SR, Orono: Blue-liner who can score. Led the Wright County Conference with 47 points and 22 goals. Strong, fast skater who will play beyond high school. One of top-scoring defensemen in metro

Joe Beaudette, SR, Blaine: Had 32 goals and 37 assists this season; Tremendous hands and speed to go along with good size (6-3); Also possesses a very hard shot. Third team all-metro

From the MN AP All state ballot (from teams in the MN tourney):

Ben Hanowski, SO, Little Falls: Center, 6-foot-1, 190 pounds, 37 goals, 67 assists, 104 total points, 7 power-play goals, 9 short-handed goals, second in Section 4-1A scoring to teammate Jared Festler thru section semifinals. Beau's little brother age wise, but much bigger. A great all-around player who is being heavily recruited by WCHA schools including Minnesota, St. Cloud State, Wisconsin, North Dakota, etc

Both the Hanoski boys are awesome and Festler is unreal. Over 300 pts on that line this year.

Aaron Crandall, JR, St. Thomas Academy: Second team all-metro. Had 1.29 GAA, .936 save pct

Very solid goalie. Covered a puck today even after losing his blocker pad. Took a skate across the hand and just taped it up.

Nate Hardy, SR, Hermantown: Had 1.9 goals against, .927 save percentage, 3 shutouts; led team to its second straight state tournament

Another very good goalie. Only 3 losses in 3 years.

Chad Huttel, SR, Hermantown: Had 14 goals, 29 assists, 43 points; leader of top-ranked, undefeated team

Had a goal today. It was tough for me to get a read on him since he gets overshadowed by guys like Drew Leblanc.

Patrick McClure, SR, Orono: Blue-liner who can score. Led the Wright County Conference with 47 points and 22 goals. Strong, fast skater who will play beyond high school. One of top-scoring defensemen in metro

Orono didn't do much right today but the chances they did get had McClure's name attached to them.

There was a guy from Rosemount where I teach who defected and went to St. Thomas named Saintey and I think somebody told me he had a couple of goals tonight. Too bad to see that people leave an up and coming program to go to a private school, but I guess that is just the way it is and will probably always be like that which is why I like not seeing Holy Angels and Cretin Derham-Hall in this thing.

2g 1a. He seemed to be pretty smart along with very talented. He could have easily try to throw a couple at the net in the last minute and go for that hat trick, but he threw it back in his own zone to run out the clock and get out of there.

James Saintey is a very nice kid and I know that my Sioux infatuation rubbed off on him while he was at our school so if he had the choice he would probably go to UND. He is like a little Duncan or Panzer.

Thats what I like, set reasonable expectations. :D

Wow, Ness just made a great move to create a scoring chance. It reminded me of Chorney.

Anyway, they said Jason Fabian is out with an injury. My first thought was, that figures. Would that be Erik's brother? Anyone know anything about him? As much as Erik wanted to be at UND, I'd assume a brother would be interested.

Wow, Ness just made a great move to create a scoring chance. It reminded me of Chorney.

Anyway, they said Jason Fabian is out with an injury. My first thought was, that figures. Would that be Erik's brother? Anyone know anything about him? As much as Erik wanted to be at UND, I'd assume a brother would be interested.

Someone else posted on this website somewhere that he took a shot to the foot and broke a bone or two in it.

He suffered the injury in the Section final. Jason is not a DI caliber player at this point, but that could change after a year or 2 in Juniors. We know he has heart and work ethic (and probably a great wrap-around shot).

In the late game last night it seemed that Albert Lea defenseman Adam Royce was the best player on the ice. I thought he looked better than Aaron Marvin from Warroad.

I thought Marvin would dominate that game. He really did not do too much except 2 big face off wins that led to the PP goals. Royce from AL did look impressive.

I gotta tell you something, the farmboys from AL may not have as much skill as the northern teams, however they play very well positioned hockey and they hit. I thought they out-hit & out-muscled Warroad last night. I think Warroad was a little shocked that AL physically manhandled them last night.

I thought Marvin would dominate that game. He really did not do too much except 2 big face off wins that led to the PP goals. Royce from AL did look impressive.

I gotta tell you something, the farmboys from AL may not have as much skill as the northern teams, however they play very well positioned hockey and they hit. I thought they out-hit & out-muscled Warroad last night. I think Warroad was a little shocked that AL physically manhandled them last night.

Roseau 1 Woodbury 1 after 1