SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Playoffs

Smoggy

Oh, then I imagine then it'd be politically correct to discuss the poor officiating. "I'm shocked, shocked that there's obstruction going on in the WCHA."

I am really shocked too. I can't believe it.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is UND over MSUM in 3. I think they may be able to at least tie it one night. Maybe that's just my wishful thinking because i've got great seats for the game and I want to use them all three nights. :silly:

I think the Sioux need to play with an edge and not monkey around with the Mavericks. Time for the Sioux to light up the Mavericks non stellar goaltenders.

Wisconsin has the best chance of all the road teams to pull off an upset, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if all five home teams emerge victorious this weekend.

I like Tech as the spoiler as well as UW. They're coming off a good effort last weekend (albeit sub-par by their opponent) and have been able to steal points from everyone in the league this year. (except SCSU I guess)

I think except for UM vs. AA, it's anyone's tournament.

With how things have gone lately I can see why some people think AA will win a game or even the series. But the Gophers are 22-0 at new Mariucci arena in first round playoff games. They even swept the Sioux in the first round('02) which the Gophers rarely do at Mariucci against UND period. They just never lose these games. The Gophers are also 8-0 versus AA the past two years. Add it all up and it equals a sweep with at least one blowout. I think MN, UND, and SCSU all sweep with the other two series going 3 games.

With how things have gone lately I can see why some people think AA will win a game or even the series. But the Gophers are 22-0 at new Mariucci arena in first round playoff games. They even swept the Sioux in the first round('02) which the Gophers rarely do at Mariucci against UND period. They just never lose these games. The Gophers are also 8-0 versus AA the past two years. Add it all up and it equals a sweep with at least one blowout. I think MN, UND, and SCSU all sweep with the other two series going 3 games.

I agree, Minnesota kills AA in the first round. The AA that UND saw is NOT the AA playing at the Jon this weekend.

It's hard to argue with bucky's logic here, but he's still an idiot most of the time.

Hey PCM, in all fairness to bucky he did say 1st round playoffs at the "hooch."

I know that. It's just that "never" is a very concrete word. And the way the WCHA has been this season, I wouldn't be so certain that something is never going to happen. Because things that never happen have a way of happening. That was my point.

Or I think you just jinxed the whole series now. :D

The Gophers hoisted the McNaughton Cup, that was the last celebrating that I see them doing this year.

At least they did celebrate this year. Last year they didn't touch the McNaughton Cup after winning it. Look where that got them. :D

Nor do I. But if I were a Gopher fan, I wouldn't go around making public predictions about such things. :D

Precisely. On paper, the Goofs should sweep this series. They have the far more talented team, and they're playing at home. However, they haven't been playing their best hockey as of late, and it is the WCHA playoffs, where heart counts, and the Goofs haven't always been known to play with heart. I do expect them to win, but it wouldn't shock me too much if they didn't sweep or even lost in 3.

Here is how I see it ..............

I bought only 2 tickets to the final 5 tournament today.

Friday afternoon - Sioux beat st clown 5-3 :D

Saturday evening - Sioux beat goofers 4-1 ;)

The Fighting Sioux will be hoisting the Broadmoor trophy as 8,000 Sioux fans cheer them on! ;)