mikeypat15

30 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen?

• Meteorologists will blow the forecast
    • Grand Forks will get a good amount of snow, but all schools will be open
    • All Grand Forks area schools will be closed for Thursday or Friday
    • All Schools (including UND) will be closed for Thursday or Friday
    • Schools will begin late either Thursday or Friday

System is divided among two bouts of heavy snowfall... 1 tonight, and another round later tomorrow into Friday. In other words, I have a hard time believing they will cancel school. It isn't like we are getting a foot+ over night so I would think the plows should be able to stay ahead of it. Just my forecaster 2 cents considering I have a couple degrees in meteorology :(

Aaron

FYI: Latest run of our main medium range forecast model comes out with this solution:

CONUS1_ETA212_SFC_ACCUMSNOWFALL-KUCHERA_84HR.gif

Those are the storm total snowfalls for out to 84 hours... so 15in or so. I'd put a safe bet on 10-12in. Heavier amounts will depend on where snow bands setup (hard to predict)

FYI: Latest run of our main medium range forecast model comes out with this solution:

Yikes! Looks like my snowblower is in for a real workout.

I was surprised that Hakstol and the hockey team were still in town tonight. He talked about the bus leaving Thursday morning, but looking at your map, I wonder if that's going to be wise or possible.

With a winter storm warning until 6PM Friday, what are the chances our boys are going to make it to St. Cloud? What happens if we can't make it for the Friday night game?

http://www.weather.gov/view/validProds.php...W&node=KFGF

Looking outside right now and not hearing that the interstate has been closed, I would say that they should be able to make it driving slow. Just not until really late this afternoon.

We already have ~7in or so in GFK. Big question that remains is whether the severe storms to the SE of us will rob our region (and the system giving us snow) of moisture. If it does, then we will probably end up with totals around ~12in. If it doesn't, then we could see well more than that.

Aaron

What happens with the schedule if the guys can't make it to St. Cloud?

Do they re-schedule for mid-week? Forget it?

I wouldn't mind seeing one game get postponed till Sunday, hopefully Minnesota will clinch and SCSU may not be so pumped up to win, and we can come out and dominate. Though just a fantasy