SiouxSports.com Forum

SCSU National Hockey Center

airmail

I'll be going to the UND/ SCSU games in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if any of you have any advice for hotels, parking, eating, etc. Never been to a game there, so I'm starting from scratch. Thank you! :glare:

(If there is a SCSU fan site, a link would be appreciated)

Recommendations for St. Cloud?

Make sure your vaccinations are up to date.

Stay away from the local women.

Don't drink the paint thinner.

Don't swim in the river after drinking.

Do not articulate logic when speaking to the locals.

???

Did I miss anything?

He was asking about St. Cloud, not Wisconsin! ;):glare:

St. Clouds fan message board is www.DaHuskies.com

I'll be going to the UND/ SCSU games in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if any of you have any advice for hotels, parking, eating, etc. Never been to a game there, so I'm starting from scratch. Thank you! :glare:

The Best Western Kelly Inn is a good place to stay. It is connected to a Green Mill and has served as the team hotel the last couple of seasons. It is a short drive (or shuttle) to the arena and is near the downtown fun spots.

When I made reservations last week, I was told that many rooms were still available.

Hey does anyone know if there is any other way to find tickets for the SCSU game other than ticket master or the UND website...or does anyone know anything about the standing room only tickets at the arena?? are they any good?

Its a relatively small arena from what I remember. The standing room tickets are about midway up in the arena and I recall people standing at one end outside of a glass wall. I think the seating/standing is only on three sides of the arena. Last week ticket master still had standing room tickets, I was able to get single reserved seats for sat night.

Its a relatively small arena from what I remember. The standing room tickets are about midway up in the arena and I recall people standing at one end outside of a glass wall. I think the seating/standing is only on three sides of the arena. Last week ticket master still had standing room tickets, I was able to get single reserved seats for sat night.

see yeah we looked at ticket master and those were all gone...is that the only place you can think of that we would be able to get some?? so you dont think that standing would be terrible?

see yeah we looked at ticket master and those were all gone...is that the only place you can think of that we would be able to get some?? so you dont think that standing would be terrible?

I did the standing room a few years ago. Not sure if it is the same spot, but you used to stand at the back of the aisle that runs lengthwise through the middle of the arena. I hated it, because the morons at St. Cloud didn't know to stay seated during play and the ushers didn't stop them. So I saw very little of the game.

I did the standing room a few years ago. Not sure if it is the same spot, but you used to stand at the back of the aisle that runs lengthwise through the middle of the arena. I hated it, because the morons at St. Cloud didn't know to stay seated during play and the ushers didn't stop them. So I saw very little of the game.

okay i will keep trying on ticketmaster then....thanks

I have one extra ticket available for Friday night, March 2nd. It is Section 202, Row 3. The seats are on the end where the Sioux shoot twice. Will let it go for $25. It cost me $31.50 with the Ticketmaster handling fee. Available to a Sioux fan only.

You may get "harrassed" by 2-5 protesters outside one of the gates. I recommend you ask them about their own problems on campus (anti-Semitism, etc) and take their pamphlets and throw them in the garbage right in front of them, not that I have any experience in the matter!

1. Don't walk around their multi-storied dorms because kegs of beer, both full and empty, may fall from on high.

2. If you're Jewish, don't tell anyone. Anti-semitism doesn't seem to bother the PC faithful there.

3. Wear a hard hat because they will throw batteries and other materials at you and your players.

4. Make sure you go with friends so that you have someone who can verify that you were not at one of the many mini-riots on campus when the St. Cloud police are called to randomly arrest multiple offenders.

5. Make sure you give the appropriate signal of appreciation when the PC protesting idiots who've been bused in from afar welcome you to the arena.

6. Go to Sugar Daddies (it's not a gay bar) get drunk and stay at the Holiday Inn. It has a late check out time that will help if recovering from a hang over or from brain trauma suffered via Jan Brady stupids' battery throwing.

We were in St. Cloud last year and sat in the middle of the of the Huskie Boosters (found great tickets on Ticketmaster in third row). All the fans around us were great and in support of the UND Sioux name. They felt the admin at St. Cloud were clowns that they just did not understand how great the Sioux name and logo are. One fan sitting behind us said that he liked our jersey so well he had purchased one for himself while at a game at the Ralph.

We did not see any protesters and really enjoyed the weekend.

Did not stay close to the rink, just a regular hotel found on-line for a reasonable price.

You may get "harrassed" by 2-5 protesters outside one of the gates. I recommend you ask them about their own problems on campus (anti-Semitism, etc) and take their pamphlets and throw them in the garbage right in front of them, not that I have any experience in the matter!

Yeah, I went there a few times for games when I was dating my ex-girlfriend. I remember walking in with my Sioux jersey on proudly and there were protesters lined up the sidewalk to the front doors. The idiots were yelling and screaming holding racially motivated signs...I just walked on by saying to a few of them "nice propaganda your administration feeds you, and to go hug a tree." Seriously, anti-Semitism runs wild there and the NCAA should investigate "hostile and abusive" behavior there...yeah right :glare:

We went the last two years and have tickets for Friday's game this year.

We go to a bar called "Johnny's" I think - it is right downtown by the police station if that helps. They have a good food and a shuttle to the games. Last year - we only had tickets for Fridays game but decided to come back on Saturday and see if anybody had any for sale. I mentioned this to a patron and the next thing that happned is the waitress came over to us with two free tickets. As it turns out the bar purchases some for each game and hands them out as they see fit. And we were even in our hosite and abusive kelly green jerseys.