SiouxSports.com Forum

UMD vs UND

Siouxfan_inDenver

I don believe Petey23 meant for it to be cocky...he was just was stating facts. Oshie was the one who shot the puck from his own endline, Frazee was not in net and the final result was the same...they both went in the net. Every goalie gives up bad goals, but come on.

I seriously feel for Frazee, after all, he was our(US) goalie this year at the World Juniors. The goal was a pivital goal in that game, it was shown as the #1 Play of the Day on ESPN...mentally that has too be very tough on a kid. I think the Gophers have got things back together and will still be the team to beat this year.

Nice rationalization, but it is directed at someone who enjoys Sioux bashing almost as much as TC Transplant does.

I think our Defense and goaltending are the only two entities that didn't take a nosedive. Yeah, we allowed 2 goals on Friday, but we give up on average of 2 goals a night usually anyways. If it weren't for the wouldas and shouldas and couldas, we would have swept.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rationalization, but it is directed at someone who enjoys Sioux bashing almost as much as TC Transplant does.

I think our Defense and goaltending are the only two entities that didn't take a nosedive. Yeah, we allowed 2 goals on Friday, but we give up on average of 2 goals a night usually anyways. If it weren't for the wouldas and shouldas and couldas, we would have swept.

That's true & I couldn't agree more. I will say this though I can remember who said this but it was when his team won a game & they play aweful, he said a win is a win & I'll take it. I only wish who said that to be honest with you. Anyway it's going to be a great race here in Daytona & I hope that the number 48 car pulls thourgh.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

i think the gophs have put the sioux sweet behind em! and are rolling again

The goofs were once again, not impressive on the ice this weekend and Frazee showed his talent once again in net! :ohmy: (last night). Let them have the WCHA, but will be ran out of their own city during the final five, and will, without a doubt, fall more than short come NCAA's.

The goofs were once again, not impressive on the ice this weekend and Frazee showed his talent once again in net! :ohmy: (last night). Let them have the WCHA, but will be ran out of their own city during the final five, and will, without a doubt, fall more than short come NCAA's.

Frazee was GREAT last night. He stopped 30 of 32 and was the co-player of the game along with Carmen. And how is sweeping CC on the road in the stretch run not impressive? CC is fighting for that coveted third spot(only needed one win this weekend to take over third) so they had a ton to play for.

If sweeping CC on the road isn't impressive, then what do you call NOT sweeping two bad teams at home on back to back weekends during the critical stretch run?

Frazee was GREAT last night. He stopped 30 of 32 and was the co-player of the game along with Carmen. And how is sweeping CC on the road in the stretch run not impressive? CC is fighting for that coveted third spot(only needed one win this weekend to take over third) so they had a ton to play for.

If sweeping CC on the road isn't impressive, then what do you call NOT sweeping two bad teams at home on back to back weekends during the critical stretch run?

umm yeah on a point system the goofs looked great! They can win 5-0 and still not look great my friend. Yeah yeah they got the win and thats what counts but you'll see what I mean when it comes down to the end, and knowing the team didn't play strong enough and the season is over :ohmy:

The freezhole had a nice miss that turned around for a CC goal, I will watch that highlight over and over just like the Bina goal, how awesome! USA goalie my arse!

And for the last part, Ill find this post in about 2-3 weeks, and give you the answer. Enjoy your long offseason ???

gophs are back on track it seems. wait until the final 5 though when they wont show up for the 3rd place game :D the sioux are unbeaten in 11 straight. denver it is and friday night is the only concern right now, win win win!!

who cares about the gophs, just sweep scsu would ya ???:lol:

gophs are back on track it seems. wait until the final 5 though when they wont show up for the 3rd place game :D the sioux are unbeaten in 11 straight. denver it is and friday night is the only concern right now, win win win!!

who cares about the gophs, just sweep scsu would ya ??? :lol:

True & AMEN to that!

Wouldn't you know that eventually Buckysieve would come in ready to pounce when someone slambs his team. :ohmy:???

I didn't know this was a Gophers thread.

BuckySieve likes to polute our board when we don't give the brown and yellow ground squirles a plug, he is still convienced that Kellin Briggs isn't a sieve. Right now I would be willing to bet that its in the back of Lucia's mind. Both of their goalies aren't that good. While your thinking up a retort Bucky, Phil is 3-1 against your team the last four games. ;)

BuckySieve likes to polute our board when we don't give the brown and yellow ground squirles a plug, he is still convienced that Kellin Briggs isn't a sieve. Right now I would be willing to bet that its in the back of Lucia's mind. Both of their goalies aren't that good. While your thinking up a retort Bucky, Phil is 3-1 against your team the last four games. ;)

It's amazing that any Sioux fan would put down a teams goaltending situation when that team has two goalies better than Lammy, but whatever floats your boat Goon. Say hi to your pal Hannity for me.

What team would that be, Goofy?

Take a look at the WCHA stats(conference). Frazee and Briggs are BOTH ahead of Lammy in save%, goals against average, and winning percentage. Lammy has played in 18 games compared to Frazee's 9 but only has one more victory. Briggs has played in 3 less games than Lammy yet has one more win. Sorry to let facts rain on your delusional goalie parade.

Edit: Briggs and Frazee are BOTH ahead of Lammy in all three of those categories in overall statistics also.

Take a look at the WCHA stats(conference). Frazee and Briggs are BOTH ahead of Lammy in save%, goals against average, and winning percentage. Lammy has played in 18 games compared to Frazee's 9 but only has one more victory. Briggs has played in 3 less games than Lammy yet has one more win. Sorry to let facts rain on your delusional goalie parade.

quick question which team had the goalie that let in a 170 foot shot and according the to the CSTV announcers "beat himself"?

The same guy who put team USA on his back in the world juniors and saved the tourney for them two months ago and the same guy who is still UNDEFEATED on the road in his college career.

the same one who missed the three shoot-out goals of Toews? Oh, and I checked recent statistics and Lammy has won more games than both Briggs and Frazee

The same guy who put team USA on his back in the world juniors and saved the tourney for them two months ago and the same guy who is still UNDEFEATED on the road in his college career.

oh yeah, that guy, the same guy who got lit up like a xmas tree by some guy named toews 3 times. that guy ;)

honest question SIEVE, do you feel confident in briggs and frazee to win a title? or do you like one of them over another for a title?

and please spare me with the MAROON AND GOLD goggles response, thanks ;)