SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Sioux vs UMD Bulldogs

proudsioux

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admittedly only saw the last 7 minutes plus OT, but it looked to me like UND was playing very hard and pretty well. Not sure what everyone is whining about. UMD looked very good as well; it was a playoff-type game. UMD fell back and let UND try to push the play, and was hoping for a mistake to pounce on. The Sioux didn't make many mistakes down the stretch, though. Porter and Watkins were each tackled in the last five minutes, and I didn't see any similar mugging by the Sioux.

PP did nothing tonight. There were 3 fanned shots in the matter of a minute, one by Toews on the doorstep. IMO, Miller played a miserable game tonight. Need more than one line to show to win games. :ohmy: Best player tonight was probably Lammy.

PP did nothing tonight. There were 3 fanned shots in the matter of a minute, one by Toews on the doorstep. IMO, Miller played a miserable game tonight. Need more than one line to show to win games. :ohmy: Best player tonight was probably Lammy.

PP was non effective for sure. not much of a set up for the sioux. had maybe 1 or 2 great chances across the crease but fanned. oh well, sh#$ happens right.......good game by PHIL

im going positive, we didnt lose and these guys have not lost in 10 games in a row so hope they dont experience that anytime soon. saturday it is!!

Hak:

Slugfest tonite.

Had 3-4 guys we didn't use much tonite because they weren't on top of it. That's enough.

Ref put the whistle away at the end of the game and let the players play.

Phil battled his tail off.

Ice was bouncing a bit. Cross-ice pass to Toews in the 3rd bounced over his stick. I think he thought that was in.

Worked hard and drew penalties, which we wanted to do. Have to score on the PP.

5x5 we didn't make good tape-to-tape plays up the ice in the first half of the game. Did better in the 2nd half.

Great goal by Duncan. New trick out of his bag.

Need a better start tomorrow.

Need more contributions from 3-4 guys.

Need to work hard, draw penalties, and then capitalize on the PP.

jk, I think at about the 8 minute mark Sweeney said that Duluth was outshooting the Sioux 9-3 in the 3rd, and that's where the period ended up. The Sioux did a better job keeping Duluth away from the net (and Duluth wasn't pushing the play too hard).

Too bad Miller missed on that backhand in OT. That would have gone a long way to erasing the bitter taste of last weekends tie.

Without a doubt this could have been a 5-2 game, 'Dogs, if not for Philippe.

I saw a lot of hustle from our boys, they were just out played tonight. I was glad to see there wasn't the chippy crap that we saw last week.

Our boys will come back tomorrow and put the 'Dogs in the kennel early for a big win. Wisconsin will lose to the $itches and the Goofs will tame the Tigers.

We'll be ok.

HEY FANS: HOW ABOUT YOU WHO ARE ATTENDING THE GAME SATURDAY REALLY LET CHRIS PORTER AND FOYT (if in game) A HELL OF A APPLAUSE!! as it could (wont be) but could be thier finl game at the ralph

NEED TO GET THE 2 POINTS SATURDAY SIOUX!!

Don't forget Fabian, gotta cheer him on too. And agreed need two point tomorrow and START PLAYING SIOUX HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Good game for the Bulldogs, give them credit, they fought hard.

We just didn't seem like we were skating well tonight. Also credit the Bulldogs D for stepping up against the DOT line and not letting them skate around them.

As for my star of the game: Phil

He kept us in the game all night, and taught some of those younger goalies a new way to stop breakaways :ohmy:

Also amazing move by Duncan, so glad to hear the Hobey chants :D

we went from a tie for 9th to a tie for 8th with DU as of now in the pairwise with a few games still to be finished tonight.

ya think next weekend will be huge??

1st things 1st.............

LETS GO SIOUX ON SATURDAY!

finals....

UMtc 3

CC 2

UW 3

SCSU 2

Were you LOOKING at MASON RAYMOND?

Honestly the Sioux had no reason to tackle anyone late in the third and in the OT because UMD wasn't trying to push the play and score. They were laying back and waiting for a mistake to jump on. If they mugged Raymond earlier I apologize because I wasn't watching then.

we went from a tie for 9th to a tie for 8th with DU as of now in the pairwise with a few games still to be finished tonight.

Be careful on the pairwise. UND has a ton of TUC wins over teams that are barely clinging to TUC status. If those teams slip out of the RPI top 25, UND's TUC record goes with them. We should be big fans of SLU, Dartmouth and especially Bemidji, Quinnipiac and Mankato.

Be careful on the pairwise. UND has a ton of TUC wins over teams that are barely clinging to TUC status. If those teams slip out of the RPI top 25, UND's TUC record goes with them. We should be big fans of SLU, Dartmouth and especially Bemidji, Quinnipiac and Mankato.

with two games to be finished still, right now we are tied for 7th with Maine. I don't really understand Pairwise but this sounds good

Without a doubt this could have been a 5-2 game, 'Dogs, if not for Philippe.

I saw a lot of hustle from our boys, they were just out played tonight. I was glad to see there wasn't the chippy crap that we saw last week.

Our boys will come back tomorrow and put the 'Dogs in the kennel early for a big win. Wisconsin will lose to the $itches and the Goofs will tame the Tigers.

We'll be ok.

I'm glad you did because juding from the third period (I missed the first two due to company :ohmy: ) I saw each team score one goal (On the Sharp goal, do we blame Lee or Finley?) and I saw basically both teams just sit back and pay for a tie (especially with less than 3 minutes left in the game).

Going into OT I knew we'd tie. I just didn't expect to have Lammy save our bacon. It was nice UMD gave Miller a gift in OT but no surprise he didn't bury it. Not that I don't like Miller, I just think that's how OT has gone this year.

I'm really at a loss. I mean, I love the "cute" goals like the one Duncan made or even the one by Sharp. But man... I saw a replay of the Kaip goal and I think THAT is the kind of goals that win us games. Bina throwing the puck on net and having two players crash the net for rebounds (Fabian was the other apparently). THROW the puck at the net and good things will happen.

That's what I like about Bina and Chorney (as of late) and even Finley who is shooting more and what I miss most about Nick Fuher. Nick would shoot the puck just to shoot the puck. We REALLY need to do that more. We can't hope to just expect to burn defensemen all the time.

And, let's face it, if I wanted to watch any more whiffs I'd watch some old Cubs games on tape.

As per earlier in this post, I think I'm going to go ahead and blame this tie on Brian Lee. I don't know why, just because.

Quick Edit: Regarding the officiating, I've had my eyes opened recently. I watched the Buffalo vs. Duluth East hockey game and the Blaine game. I've never seen more blown calls on overt penalties in my life. WCHA officials still suck, but at least I know that it could always be Minnesota High School quality.