SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Minnesota State Friday Game Thread

JESUS,family,rutgers

Sounds to me like the refs let it get out of control again.

When a team is lead by a coach that likes to let his players dip "below the belt" a ref HAS to be on top of things. Likewise, the opposing coach has to have a lot of control over his players not to get sucked into the whole fiasco. Hakstol is capable of doing that. We saw it when Bina was cheapshot. I don't think Greene was going to just sit there and let Paukovich play the rest of the game but Hakstol said "Not a chance" and nothing transpired. I wish I could have seen what transpired. Some are saying Lee tried to avoid a fight. Kaip held back apparently.

I don't like this much. Tommorrow, something bad could happen. Something VERY bad.

Kaip and his guy were wrestling and eventually went down to the ice, with the Mankato guy ending on top. Kaip took a couple of good, clean shots to the face(I thought he was done personally), then rolled over, popped up, and tied the Mankato guy up. He kept skating towards the Sioux bench with his hands up in the air while tieing-up the Mankato guy up to see if he could fight. Hak stepped on to the dash boards and said no!(and made the safe signal like in baseball), so Kaip just held on to him.

The Lee fight started late compared to the others, but I didn't think either player deserved to be DQ'd personally from what I saw. The Mankato guy's helmet got ripped off and Lee just kept jawing with him. They both got a couple shots in, but nothing serious. Plus there was a linesman in between them the whole time. I don't think either of them should have gotten thrown out, but that's just from what I saw. I may have missed some of their skirmish.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no way Lee could not have been in a fight. He was toe to toe with mankato with the ar calmly next to him and the crowd behind him. Sometimes you just have to step up and make a statement. Its what we need to see from Lee, no aruguement. This is UND's turf. They proved this last night... take off . good night mankato.

Some interesting stats for the night:

Toews: 2-2-4

Oshie: 1-1-2

Duncan: 1-2-3

Lee: 1-2-3 (not bad for a guy who sucks, no?)

Chorney: 1-1-2

Kozek and Zajac had a goal each.

Watkins, Porter, Finley, Vandevelde, Fabian, and Bina (who is developing a nice point scoring run, if not a streak) each had an assist apiece.

Spreading the scoring around.

Poor guy!! I'm stuck in AZ this winter so my son and his friends have been enjoying my tickets. I do know someone who would like your seats. Let me call them and PM you right back.

Sounds great! I will wait for the PM. What a great winter to be spending in AZ, especially the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Some interesting stats for the night:

Toews: 2-2-4

Oshie: 1-1-2

Duncan: 1-2-3

Lee: 1-2-3 (not bad for a guy who sucks, no?)

Chorney: 1-1-2

Kozek and Zajac had a goal each.

Watkins, Porter, Finley, Vandevelde, Fabian, and Bina (who is developing a nice point scoring run, if not a streak) each had an assist apiece.

Spreading the scoring around.

Is that counting Lee's goal in our net? :huh::lol: Sorry... I could resist

Yeah, I was standing right on top of the glass section where the cameraman stands between the two team benches. I was yelling names at Kalinski, and he started trash-talking back at me until Jutting told him to stop talking to me. Then I saw Jutting yell stuff at our team bench, and our players and coaches were saying stuff back to him. I didn't hear what was said, but it was classic Jutting crap!

He is such a classless act, what a loser Jutting is! I hope he gets fired and never coaches anywhere ever again. He doesn't deserve to be in the college ranks, he's as cheap and dirty as Paukovich is!

Minnesota State will have Matt Tyree, a fourth-line winger; Trevor Bruess, a third-line centerman and Lucas Fransen, a second-line defenseman out for tomorrow night's game. The goalies didn't participate in anything that I could see though Clark skated out to his blue line and waved at Lamoureux to come and meet him for a little get together.

Minnesota State will have Matt Tyree, a fourth-line winger; Trevor Bruess, a third-line centerman and Lucas Fransen, a second-line defenseman out for tomorrow night's game. The goalies didn't participate in anything that I could see though Clark skated out to his blue line and waved at Lamoureux to come and meet him for a little get together.

It was Walski... but yeah

I stand corrected, I meant to say Walski. I knew Lamoureux wasn't in net at the time, Walski was in which was fun to see. Lamoureux had a good game though, but it was cool to see Walski get some ice time finally. He deserves a chance once in a while, but if Lammy was in net he would have accepted Clark's challenge and fought. That would have been the capper to the best game at the Ralph this year. Too bad Lammy wasn't in net when this fiasco erupted.

I stand corrected, I meant to say Walski. I knew Lamoureux wasn't in net at the time, Walski was in which was fun to see. Lamoureux had a good game though, but it was cool to see Walski get some ice time finally. He deserves a chance once in a while, but if Lammy was in net he would have accepted Clark's challenge and fought. That would have been the capper to the best game at the Ralph this year. Too bad Lammy wasn't in net when this fiasco erupted.

would have been classic but stupid as we need 2 points saturday and grieco is hurt i believe, just dont need to be relying on walski at this point when every game is as important as the next to get home ice for the wcha playoffs and beyond, great win by the sioux, keep it rolling saturday!!

we moved up to a tie for 6th in the pairwise, winning takes care of a lot :huh:

and from the black eyes phil has sported in the year, i wouldnt bet on him :lol: jordy i would have though :D and jake brandt for sure :D

I'm just glad the fight didn't go down. Third Stringer who's loved by all vs. Hollywood? That's just trouble for me cause Hollywood is freaking awesome. He's got Christopher Walken "We need more Cowbell" and Will Ferrel on his mask! Hollywood is the mostest awesome opposing player ever.

I'm just glad the fight didn't go down. Third Stringer who's loved by all vs. Hollywood? That's just trouble for me cause Hollywood is freaking awesome. He's got Christopher Walken "We need more Cowbell" and Will Ferrel on his mask! Hollywood is the mostest awesome opposing player ever.

was that you dressed up in a referees outfit tonight :lol: or maybe it was someone else

jutting quote

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com/ViewArticle....p;ATCLID=791819

"Best line in college hockey,'' Jutting said after the Fighting Sioux laid a 8-4 Western Collegiate Hockey Association whipping on his Mavericks in front of 11,164 fans in Ralph Engelstad Arena. "Two of them will be scoring goals in the NHL next season.''

well troy, looks like we agree upon 1 thing in this world :lol:

jutting quote

http://fightingsioux.xosn.com/ViewArticle....p;ATCLID=791819

"Best line in college hockey,'' Jutting said after the Fighting Sioux laid a 8-4 Western Collegiate Hockey Association whipping on his Mavericks in front of 11,164 fans in Ralph Engelstad Arena. "Two of them will be scoring goals in the NHL next season.''

well troy, looks like we agree upon 1 thing in this world :lol:

That line can definitely carry a team.. Unbelievable to watch. You cant get better than a game with 12 goals and four fights. I give props to the boys for a great effort and for defending the home rink. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Who else would it be? :huh: I wanted to go over to talk to Means and challenge him to a fight, but I had too much fun talking to Hollywood.

When they had the camera on you, Bredahl said that you must be the guy that refereed the series two weeks ago.

First off Bredahl earned my respect for his statement that the Judy's incident is as I have maintained all along, a big "NOTHING". He told those who went to bars as under-agers in college that they have nothing to say and those who didn't that they don't understand college hockey and its players. Good for him.

As for Jutting, the character of a team usually reflects the character of the coach and I can't think of a bigger bush league hockey team in all of Div I hockey.

First off Bredahl earned my respect for his statement that the Judy's incident is as I have maintained all along, a big "NOTHING". He told those who went to bars as under-agers in college that they have nothing to say and those who didn't that they don't understand college hockey and its players. Good for him.

As for Jutting, the character of a team usually reflects the character of the coach and I can't think of a bigger bush league hockey team in all of Div I hockey.

That's a big 10-4 on both fronts there Hab-it. The only reason Bina opened the door, if he even opened a door, was to simply tell those inside to relax and that things would work out. No ill intent there.

As for Jutting, he is a punk and is on borrowed time, big time. There was a guy wearing a Prpich 19 jersey right behind the Mankato bench and looked like he was giving Jutting and his hacks an ear full. I'd like to get a report from him.

Another big Sioux win on the Road to the Arch. It's gonna be great seeing Foyt play tonight. Best 21st man in all of college hockey.

Yeah, I was standing right on top of the glass section where the cameraman stands between the two team benches. I was yelling names at Kalinski, and he started trash-talking back at me until Jutting told him to stop talking to me. Then I saw Jutting yell stuff at our team bench, and our players and coaches were saying stuff back to him. I didn't hear what was said, but it was classic Jutting crap!

He is such a classless act, what a loser Jutting is! I hope he gets fired and never coaches anywhere ever again. He doesn't deserve to be in the college ranks, he's as cheap and dirty as Paukovich is!

Well, I guess I answered my own question about the Prpich #19 fan in the face of Jutting and his boys.

Nice job wakingboard. Looked like alot of fun.

Jutting is toast. Last night simply reinforced that in the minds of many, especially the MSU-Mankato Administration.

Well, I guess I answered my own question about the Prpich #19 fan in the face of Jutting and his boys.

Nice job wakingboard. Looked like alot of fun.

Jutting is toast. Last night simply reinforced that in the minds of many, especially the MSU-Mankato Administration.

Are you part of the MSU-Mankato administration?