SiouxSports.com Forum

This week's rankings

UNDintheNHL

Figured id start a thread for people to predict and post outcomes of weekly polls by the ncaa and usa today. here are my predictions for the USA Today polls for #1-#10 the record thing out to the side is their weekend record

1 Notre Dame (2) 1-0-1

2 New Hampshire (3) 1-1

3 St. Cloud (4) 1-1

4 Denver (5) 1-1

5 Minnesota (1) 0-2

6 Michigan State (8) 2-0

7 North Dakota (15) 2-0

8 Clarkson (10) 1-0-1

9 Boston University (6) 0-1-1

10 Miami (9) 0-1-1

I may be giving the voting board too much credit by estimating the goofs moving to 5th and us to 7th, but we'll see.

The "experts" :ohmy: at INCH moved us all the way up to #15 from #17. I guess we would have dropped out of the rankings if we would have only split on the road to the #1 team.

MN gets swept at home handily and drops from #1 to #3.

The best system, IMO, is KRACH and the Sioux are at #6.

Really doesn't matter anyway, the only thing that matters right now is the pairwise and making the NCAA tourney. Wonder if the NCAA committee will find a way to screw the hockey team like they did the football team if we are somewhere around #12 in the pairwise come selection time.

The "experts" :ohmy: at INCH moved us all the way up to #15 from #17. I guess we would have dropped out of the rankings if we would have only split on the road to the #1 team.

Yeah, they've got us behind Niagra. I sure would hate to meet them in the playoffs, after all the 'experts' have them ranked higher than us.

We're tied for 9th in the power ranking right now and that's not bad at all considering how the seasons gone. We need to keep improving every week and we'll be just fine!

The "experts" :lol: at INCH moved us all the way up to #15 from #17. I guess we would have dropped out of the rankings if we would have only split on the road to the #1 team.

MN gets swept at home handily and drops from #1 to #3.

The best system, IMO, is KRACH and the Sioux are at #6.

Really doesn't matter anyway, the only thing that matters right now is the pairwise and making the NCAA tourney. Wonder if the NCAA committee will find a way to screw the hockey team like they did the football team if we are somewhere around #12 in the pairwise come selection time.

How drunk do you have to be to say that Niagara is better than UND? :ohmy:

There is only one set of rankings that I trust and that is KRACH. I trust it because computers have no emotions or biases... It says that UND is #6 (reasonable). And that 5 of the top 8 teams in country are WCHA, (again reasonable).

1. Minnesota 233.9570 17-5-3 67.5877

2. St Cloud St 201.1010 17-5-4 74.0899

3. New Hampshire 187.4890 15-4-1 43.2666

4. Notre Dame 135.5710 18-5-2 36.9739

5. Denver 129.3060 18-9-2 64.6531

6. North Dakota 100.0000 15-11-2 75.0000

7. Michigan State 96.1944 16-8-1 49.5547

8. Colorado College 92.3891 14-10-2 67.7520

9. Clarkson 89.4417 15-6-4 39.7519

10. Michigan 89.3474 19-9-0 42.3224

There is only one set of rankings that I trust and that is KRACH. I trust it because computers have no emotions or biases... It says that UND is #6 (reasonable). And that 5 of the top 8 teams in country are WCHA, (again reasonable).

1. Minnesota 233.9570 17-5-3 67.5877

2. St Cloud St 201.1010 17-5-4 74.0899

3. New Hampshire 187.4890 15-4-1 43.2666

4. Notre Dame 135.5710 18-5-2 36.9739

5. Denver 129.3060 18-9-2 64.6531

6. North Dakota 100.0000 15-11-2 75.0000

7. Michigan State 96.1944 16-8-1 49.5547

8. Colorado College 92.3891 14-10-2 67.7520

9. Clarkson 89.4417 15-6-4 39.7519

10. Michigan 89.3474 19-9-0 42.3224

So according to them MN is still #1? I guess I do not understand how it works, is it kinda like the BCS rankings where it is all strength of schedule and wins and loses. Just curious and thanks for the info.

How drunk do you have to be to say that Niagara is better than UND? :ohmy:

INCH is basically saying that in a best of 7 series on nuetral ice they would lean towards taking Niagara over the Sioux. OK, sure. :lol::D Idiots. If you had to bet $10,000 on one of the teams, who in their right mind would really select Niagara ? In a single game anything can happen (see Holy Cross) but there is no way in he!! Niagara would beat the Sioux in a best of 7.

KRACH has the Sioux at 6 and Niagara at 20. RPI it is 9 and 15. Strength of schedule is 3 and 45 (according to KRACH).

I would love to see INCH's rational for the rankings; by what objective measurement is Niagara better than UND ?

I guess they have a better winning % (15-11-2 vs 17-8-3) so I guess they are better :lol:

BTW, what happened to Colgate ? They had a #1 vote in the pre-season polls. Let's check...#34 in KRACH. Excellent pre-season poll.

INCH is basically saying that in a best of 7 series on nuetral ice they would lean towards taking Niagara over the Sioux. OK, sure. :ohmy::lol: Idiots. If you had to bet $10,000 on one of the teams, who in their right mind would really select Niagara ? In a single game anything can happen (see Holy Cross) but there is no way in he!! Niagara would beat the Sioux in a best of 7.

Spot on.

The USCHO poll is out. The Sioux are ranked #12. I'm surprised. I thought that the Sioux would be top 10.

I was going to say that. WOW I was also think at least a top 10. Who votes on this. One does MN get swept and only drop 2 spots, waht a bunch of crap. They have lost 3 of their last 4. What are these people thinking.

Talk about not getting any respect. I guess since Minnesota is only a #3 now it's not big deal.

You see teams jump 5, 6, or seven spots fairly often. I thought we were in line for that due to the RPI and the fact we have the nations longest unbeaten streak.

Minnesota's still got a great record so I don't see knocking them way down. I can see them at #2 or #3.

It's the continued conspiracy against the Sioux I tell ya! :ohmy::lol:

I too was pretty surprised to see the Gophers only drop 2 spots.....but I'n not gonna complain. Unless the goaltending improves there ranking is going to go down faster then a dress on prom night.

That and the girl on prom night

There is only one set of rankings that I trust and that is KRACH. I trust it because computers have no emotions or biases

The pairwise is also done by computer so it really isn't biased. The thing is that you can't just completely ignore the whole rest of the season, we looked like the best team in the nation this series but we still have 11 losses. If you just want to rank teams just on how they did this weekend then put up a list of the teams that sweep and there you go. That being said, as long as we keep on winning we will be more then fine, after being the only team ever to be swept by both aa and mtech in a season and to be 9th in the only poll that matters, i'd say thats pretty good.

The pairwise is also done by computer so it really isn't biased. The thing is that you can't just completely ignore the whole rest of the season, we looked like the best team in the nation this series but we still have 11 losses. If you just want to rank teams just on how they did this weekend then put up a list of the teams that sweep and there you go. That being said, as long as we keep on winning we will be more then fine, after being the only team ever to be swept by both aa and mtech in a season and to be 9th in the only poll that matters, i'd say thats pretty good.

Exactly. UND controls its own destiny. Keep winning and where the Sioux are rated in the national polls won't matter.

What a bunch of idiots at INCH. I thought they would have UND around 10, i will wait for the official polls at USCHO/USA Today come out later today. After they way UND did MN this weekend we deserve to be ranked in the top 10.

I don't care where Inch has us if we at least play probably close to .600 the rest of the way out we probably can't be left out of the NCAA playoffs.

Especially if we split or sweep SCSU or DU.

I don't care where Inch has us if we at least play probably close to .600 the rest of the way out we probably can't be left out of the NCAA playoffs.

Especially if we split or sweep SCSU or DU.

for crying out loud UND will be making the ncaa's. you can take that to the bank. The question becomes were do they end up?