SiouxSports.com Forum

Don't Get Me Wrong...

DamStrait

I've been waiting for this as much as anyone. It's been a long time coming. But we need to act with class, the class our boys display. No doubt the WCHA should be embarassed, from McLeod to Shepherd to Campion to the opposition and their coaching staff. Bottom line - win with class, lose with class. Ain't easy to do, and I cannot claim to be lilly-white in this respect, but if we love our boys as much as we say we do, we'll do it, and do it gladly. NICE JOB BOYS!

I've been waiting for this as much as anyone. It's been a long time coming. But we need to act with class, the class our boys display. No doubt the WCHA should be embarassed, from McLeod to Shepherd to Campion to the opposition and their coaching staff. Bottom line - win with class, lose with class. Ain't easy to do, and I cannot claim to be lilly-white in thie respect, but if we love our boys as much as we say we do, we'll do it, and do it gladly. NICE JOB BOYS!

Nice post DS, and I agree. Let's act like we have been there before, and not like a bunch of SCCC fans. The boys played like they are capable of playing... nothing more than that happened this weekend.

yup, we sure did lay a azz kicking this weekend in every phase of the game

great job sioux

keep it rolling, 8-1-1 in last 10..................

now its time to get ready for the next series!! worth ust as many points, wins,wins,wins, lets keep getting them

I agree. It was very fun being at the game tonight and talking with LFSPRO and Al Pearson among many others.

Our athletic director and wife were making a scene, but when I stayed after the game to talk with a couple of the players a gopher fan walked by me and gave me the finger. I have never had somebody do this to me and he gave me a look like he wanted to fight. This over a hockey game, good grief. What the hell did I do to him other than the fact that I was wearing a Sioux jersey. I did nothing to deserve this and asked him if he was serious and he just kept walking. This is totally uncalled for and the chants they were doing at the end of the game show that they don't have class and we need to be above that.

I agree. It was very fun being at the game tonight and talking with LFSPRO and Al Pearson among many others.

Our athletic director and wife were making a scene, but when I stayed after the game to talk with a couple of the players a gopher fan walked by me and gave me the finger. I have never had somebody do this to me and he gave me a look like he wanted to fight. This over a hockey game, good grief. What the hell did I do to him other than the fact that I was wearing a Sioux jersey. I did nothing to deserve this and asked him if he was serious and he just kept walking. This is totally uncalled for and the chants they were doing at the end of the game show that they don't have class and we need to be above that.

every team has azzholes for sure......he was just telling you we beat the #1 team in the nation twice with the finger :glare: dont care what bunning did but if he did make a fool of himself he better recognize who he is...

what were the chants from the d-bag section?? couldnt hear them that great on tv... thx

This just seems so funny coming from you. :glare: The guy who was so overcome with happiness/drunk that he fell down the stairs at the Old Ralph during a Gopher game. You're right though.

The same happened to me - before the game on the street and at Stubs. Nothing after the game though (wonder why). You get used to the low-class acts and the people with character flaws which are so prevalent at the University of Minny-Mystery after a few years though.

every team has azzholes for sure......he was just telling you we beat the #1 team in the nation twice with the finger :glare: dont care what bunning did but if he did make a fool of himself he better recognize who he is...

what were the chants from the d-bag section?? couldnt hear them that great on tv... thx

The only chant that really mattered was the "over-rated" one from the Sioux faithful - who (by some accounts) seemed to out number the gopher less than faithful in the final few minutes of the game.

Get used to that happening from the Gopher fans. As long as you wear something SIOUX, it will happen often.

The same happened to me - before the game on the street and at Stubs. Nothing after the game though (wonder why). You get used to the low-class acts and the people with character flaws which are so prevalent at the University of Minny-Mystery after a few years though.

I guess none of this kind of behavior happens at the Ralph then? I must have been dreaming last year while getting my butt kicked at one of the bubble hockey games (great idea for having in a hockey arena I should add :ohmy: ) and some Sioux fan comes and purposely shoved me and said, "nice jersey, Homo!" After which one of the other guys with him gave me the finger. Not trying to start a war here I'm just saying this kind of behavior happens everywhere....I say it's part of the "roadtrip experience". I totally understand that Mariucci has it's fair share of bad fans but you can't tell me it doesn't happen everywhere.

Taunting happens everywhere. The only thing that you can control is how YOU act.

I admit it, I did check a Gopher fan-who was carrying a broom-into the wall outside of The Ralph last year in the way out, but we were all laughing about it. That's what makes stuff fun.

I guess none of this kind of behavior happens at the Ralph then? I must have been dreaming last year while getting my butt kicked at one of the bubble hockey games (great idea for having in a hockey arena I should add :ohmy: ) and some Sioux fan comes and purposely shoved me and said, "nice jersey, Homo!" After which one of the other guys with him gave me the finger. Not trying to start a war here I'm just saying this kind of behavior happens everywhere....I say it's part of the "roadtrip experience". I totally understand that Mariucci has it's fair share of bad fans but you can't tell me it doesn't happen everywhere.

Those of in the band have ben taunted in the band by WSU fans during the football playoffs and are own fans because we are too loud and the dont Like Dom (cowbell guy)

Those of in the band have ben taunted in the band by WSU fans during the football playoffs and are own fans because we are too loud and the dont Like Dom (cowbell guy)

1. Don't bring up Dom. For goodness sakes we don't want certain jersey chasers coming up on these threads spewing that drivel... :lol:

2. Taunting seems to be a theme everywhere you go. Interestingly enough the one connection all around can be termed in one word and it isn't "rivalry." The word? Alcohol. How many sober fans have come up to you and started taunting you bad naturedly? Shoot, the only time I've ever been accosted by an opposing fan was walking out of the Ralph after a BSU game and what I assume to be a BSU fan (he had a jacket on so I don't know if he was wearing a BSU jersey or who he was affiliated with) came up to me and said "FSHEW SHUCK!" Or something similar to that. He stumbled a bit and headed off into the night. Seriously, I laughed so hard! he was SO DRUNK! In any case, I think that some of the off color behavior has to be placed on the ole' uninhibitor.