SiouxSports.com Forum

What will it take to beat the Goofs?

BismarckFan

It will be a solid defensive team effort that will make the difference this weekend. If our guys can hold the goofs to an average goal per period or less, I believe both games are within reach for us.

Our best offensive players will need to continue to play with a vengance and enjoy the frustration they can exact from the goof defenders!

I also believe it will be the play of team members with point totals under double figures that will allow us to win these games.

SIOUX CAN WIN THE DAY WITH TWO-WAY TEAM PLAY !!!

A miracle.

That is non-sense. 2 months ago I would agree with you but today these teams are a lot closer than their record indicates. Believe me, I would love to see the Gophers sweep in a dominating fashion this weekend but it ain't gonna happen. UND could easily get 2 if not 3 points.

A miracle.

Given the fact that A) the Fargo Forum published an editorial ripping UND's anti-nickname activists and the NCAA and B) redwing77 made a post that was only one word long, I've come to believe that this is the week for miracles. :lol:

Given the fact that A) the Fargo Forum published an editorial ripping UND's anti-nickname activists and the NCAA and B) redwing77 made a post that was only one word long, I've come to believe that this is the week for miracles. ;)

Amen. And, remember, the Goofs only sweep us in OUR building, not theres.

:lol:

How about proper and fair officiating.

(This is meant to justify my excuses should the unthinkable happen.)

Not gonna happen this weekend. I sent the officials their "payoff" money since all of the WCHA officials are on the Gopher payroll.

This virtually gurantees a Gopher sweep. Man now I can rest easy this weekend

Well, I think UND is gonna have to try to set the tone early, and make this a pure guts weekend. Hak should start the Kaip-Fabian-Radke line to set the tone and play physical from the start of the weekend. I think we are starting to find our identity as a tough team, and we can test the gophers fortitude here. The one thing we don't want to do against them is get in a scoring shootout, because it seems as though they have more offensive depth than we do this year. I believe we can take one or both games if we can play tough, old-time hockey, and if we can take advantage of our opportunities and put them in the back of the net. That's the key, Old time hockey, like Toe Blake, and Eddie Shore.

How about proper and fair officiating.

(This is meant to justify my excuses should the unthinkable happen.)

No Kidding... Count on the Gophers having at least 3-4 more power plays that the Sioux this weekend.

Will happen for sure.

No Kidding... Count on the Gophers having at least 3-4 more power plays that the Sioux this weekend.

Will happen for sure.

Goon Goon Goon, of course the Gophers will have 3-4 more penalites than the sioux--the officials are on the Gopher payroll. Where the hell have you been all week?:lol:

Goon Goon Goon, of course the Gophers will have 3-4 more penalites than the sioux--the officials are on the Gopher payroll. Where the hell have you been all week?:lol:

why would they have three to four more penalties than the SIoux if the officials are on the Gopher payroll?

I know what ya meant, but I had to say it. ;)

God these Sioux-age fans are all cry babies!!!!!!! sniff,sniff they cheated

Hey Troll I was kidding and obviously your not able to see the irony. Crawl back to your hole and bring out the cool gopher fans.

I can't wait to see what the spin out of MPLS is when the Goofer lose a game this weekend? Oh we were robbed, Champion screwed us. I wouldn't even want to ref the Gopher games, where lucia once got a ref fired for making the right call.

Hey Troll I was kidding and obviously your not able to see the irony. Crawl back to your hole and bring out the cool gopher fans.

I can't wait to see what the spin out of MPLS is when the Goofer lose a game this weekend? Oh we were robbed, Champion screwed us. I wouldn't even want to ref the Gopher games, where lucia once got a ref fired for making the right call.

#1) Hey buddy I am here

#2) It is always nice to have a built in excuse

I thought the Gophers got all the calls. Please be consistent.