SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

If VandeVelde, Zajac, Forney continue to put up zeros it will put added pressure on everyone else. This is the line that could make or break the season, they need to start scoring at least once a weekend. They seem to show flashes of what could be, but we are 25 games into the season and VandeVelde and Forney are still looking for their first goals. Tomorrow is as good a time as any to snap this and get their first.

Agreed. The DOT line will always be a threat on the ice, so other lines are going to have to cover if they don't score. The all-frosh line of VV, Zajac, and Forney has looked VERY good at times this season, and if they could chip in with a goal here and there (and keep with strong defensive play), that would really help the Sioux in the tough games upcoming against UMN, DU, and SCSU.

Anyone hear anything else about Kozek? Hopefully it's not anything serious...

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

du 1

umtc 0

final

umtc 2 goals in last 3 games :angry:

Are the fans going to blame this on Wisconsin's system too?

Wow, just reading this thread at 1am got my adrenaline pumping. What, we lost and won against CC, tied and won against AA, maybe we can win and win against Bemidji, and start to put this role together.

From the USCHO box score, I noticed this:

North Dakota-1 Philippe Lamoureux (59:43 W)

Bemidji State-1 Matt Climie (59:44 L)

Someone may have tried to explain this to me once but I've forgotten. If Lammy scurries off the ice on a delayed penalty call does someone actually time how much time he spends off the ice?

To all those nay-sayers out there who think the Sioux didn't win by enough tonight and that the Beavers aren't a legitimate opponent, consider the facts:

-- BSU is 18th in the Pairewise and 21st in the Krach.

-- BSU is well over .500 in recent play with WCHA opponents.

-- The Sioux almost certainly would have lost had they played earlier in the season in the same building. In fact, they may not have even held a lead at any point in the game earlier in the season.

-- The Sioux held their ground when BSU pulled even, scored what would eventually be the game-winning goal, and held a one-goal lead late in the game under pressure and in a hostile environment.

-- PL played another quality game in goal.

-- Goals came from expected, and not-so-expected sources.

-- No catastrophic mistakes or turnovers in the defensive end.

-- Bottom line: THEY WON!!

Ultimately, although we need to generate goals, it's going to be goal-tending and mistake-free defense that make or break us from here on out. With these two key areas moving in a positive direction, I'm feeling much better now about our chances. Even teams like MSU can put up big numbers here and there, but they consistently give up even more. Let's just all hope that Lammy's current trend turns into a full-fledged hot-streak.

I'm giving credit where credit is due. This year, under these circumstances, this was definitely a quality win. Now we just need to keep it going tomorrow night. A loss at home and the weekend becomes a negative on the whole.

The march to the tournament is on. Let's keep it going Sioux!!

For one more night (at least on the ice of REA between the hours of 7pm and 10:15pm), a beaver is something to be maligned rather than desired. :angry: Yeah, I know...lame. I couldn't help myself. ???

Personally, I think that UND should buy the nickname Beavers from Bemidji State.

That way ALL our game threads could be enriched by the innuendo that enriched tonight's thread. ???:angry::D

(Besides, on game nights, the REA is pretty much beaver central anyway.)

I'll agree to this, only if UND makes plenty of Beaver Fever shirts.......

*sigh* the only bad thing is that PETA will be knocking on the door next and all animal nicknames will be out the door.

I'll agree to this, only if UND makes plenty of Beaver Fever shirts.......

*sigh* the only bad thing is that PETA will be knocking on the door next and all animal nicknames will be out the door.

Sorry about the shirts HockeyMom and RWTD. Mr. Siouxmama and Siouxmama Kid drug me to Gander Mountain and didnt get out of there in a 'timely manner'. :D

I looked at the arena for some, but they only had 'Bemidji State' stuff.

Sorry about the shirts HockeyMom and RWTD. Mr. Siouxmama and Siouxmama Kid drug me to Gander Mountain and didnt get out of there in a 'timely manner'. :angry:

I looked at the arena for some, but they only had 'Bemidji State' stuff.

It's all good-they prolly don't have em. Thanks for looking. ???

For those of you that weren't at the game last night, but get to see the game tonight... make sure you check out #17 from Bemidji when he does faceoffs. He has a very unique approach (which didn't work very well last night). He basically does the splits so he's only a few inches off the ice... it's definitly interesting to watch

For those of you that weren't at the game last night, but get to see the game tonight... make sure you check out #17 from Bemidji when he does faceoffs. He has a very unique approach (which didn't work very well last night). He basically does the splits so he's only a few inches off the ice... it's definitly interesting to watch

It probably works most of the time, but not against our #9.

:angry:

The first time I saw him do that last night I had to wonder what the hell he was doing. Then he did it again. Must think it makes him closer to the action of the face-off. I dont see how it possibly gives him any advantage. I'd think a person could knock him on his a$$ pretty easy with just a *bump* to his foot or leg.

side note, the hockey day in minnesota today on fsn north should be fun to watch, outdoor hockey in baudette...sounds cool as hell then college hockey then wild game..........has to be cold as hell but a great idea....

hockey day doing a peice in henry boucha, native amaerican from warroad, very very cool to learn about this, wow

people saying he was best player they ever saw play, wow

I saw that. Excellent piece. Too bad his career had to be cut short by a goon.

The first time I saw him do that last night I had to wonder what the hell he was doing. Then he did it again. Must think it makes him closer to the action of the face-off. I dont see how it possibly gives him any advantage. I'd think a person could knock him on his a$$ pretty easy with just a *bump* to his foot or leg.

Like a "Prpich" bump??

This was a FANTASTIC game to be at!!!

The boys all played very well... It was nice to see Brian roughin it up a little! Lammy had a really nice save on a BSU breakaway, and man the Sioux fans went crazy!! I thought everyone played pretty well, although we do really need to try and limit our penalties as everyone else is saying... Can anyone tell me what happened to Kozek, and if he's going to be playing tonight?? I didn't know anything until I read the thread this morning....

WiSioux already mentioned this, but if you're gunna be at or watching the game tonight, look for #17 on BSU and watch his faceoffs, really weird!!! Whatever he was doing, it just didn't seem to work out for him very well haha

Crowd was fricken awesome!!! The (small and really crappy) arena was just buzzing!! Great college hockey atmosphere, by far the most fun I've had at a Sioux game!! It was pretty crowded. The corner my group of friends were, we were standing and it gave us a little more room. The Sioux fans were definitely outcheering the BSU fans, although my group was a little rowdy, we were getting strange looks from a lot of people lol.... Anyways, I hope the Ralph can be rockin tonight, or else it will just seem really boring to those of us that were in Bemidji last night....

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!