SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great win sioux, great to see them play physical

SHUTOUT for phil, that 8 goals in last 6 games, GREAT job by phil, way to step up. we wanted 4 points but we got 3, oh well. lets move on to bemidji and het a couple wins vs a god cha team, yes i said good cha team. they are 5-3 vs the wcha. bsu will still be in the top 12 in the pairwise so thes egames are HUGE for the sioux. good work this weekend. osh finally burries one!! nice.

2ND career shutout for phil, 1.33 GAA in last 6 games...sioux 4-1-1 in those games

lets keep moving upward

It nearly happened. Beagle made a run at Finley.

Again, UAA outshoots UND.

Pete Friesema, according to my google search is a former CCHA official I guess (to answer an earlier question). Interestingly enough, Peter Friesema is also listed as an official for the Central Hockey League.

My players of the game:

1. Phil Lamoreaux -- Get a shutout, makes a ton of saves. Stellar performance.

2. Robbie Bina -- A goal, a solid performance defensively. Arguably the best defenseman on the ice.

3. TJ Oshie -- Yeah, he's snake bitten but he was all over the ice. BIG TIME Good on the penalty kill. Scores a goal, gets at least one assist. Could be #2 easily.

Just to not be homer, Opposing player of the game: I dunno...Shyiak? :angry:

Hak:

Good effort start to finish

Looking for some nastiness in our lineup. Got some last night and it carried through tonite.

Thought Kaip did a great thing for the team tonite.

Good to get the 2 points.

Standing up for your teammates expands through the rest of the bench.

Guys got in Lawson's face and got him off his game.

We haven't had enough of this attitude this year.

We're not a team that offensively can blow people out, but we can be a tough team to play against. Our team needs to play physical and at a high tempo, and that gets them excited.

We were pretty tough on Chris Porter after last night's game, so was nice to see a great play by Watkins and Porter on that goal. Happy for him.

A month ago it was gut check time and we were below .500. To this point we've answered that gut check but need to keep this up to climb out of the hole we're in.

Porter:

Huge win

Wanted to match AA's intensity and physicalness for 60 minutes

Felt I let the team down last night, so wanted to get one tonite.

Great to see Kaip get into it. Was a little worried for him at first but he did just fine.

I definitely wouldn't want to be fighting him.

Was great to see Darcy step in for me. We have a lot of guys like that.

We were more physical team from the start tonite.

Hak:

Good effort start to finish

Looking for some nastiness in our lineup. Got some last night and it carried through tonite.

Thought Kaip did a great thing for the team tonite.

Good to get the 2 points.

Standing up for your teammates expands through the rest of the bench.

Guys got in Lawson's face and got him off his game.

We haven't had enough of this attitude this year.

We're not a team that offensively can blow people out, but we can be a tough team to play against. Our team needs to play physical and at a high tempo, and that gets them excited.

We were pretty tough on Chris Porter after last night's game, so was nice to see a great play by Watkins and Porter on that goal. Happy for him.

A month ago it was gut check time and we were below .500. To this point we've answered that gut check but need to keep this up to climb out of the hole we're in.

Porter:

Huge win

Wanted to match AA's intensity and physicalness for 60 minutes

Felt I let the team down last night, so wanted to get one tonite.

Great to see Kaip get into it. Was a little worried for him at first but he did just fine.

I definitely wouldn't want to be fighting him.

Was great to see Darcy step in for me. We have a lot of guys like that.

We were more physical team from the start tonite.

Thanks for the post game.

Great emotion out there tonight. It felt like I was watching hockey the way it was meant to be played. :angry: Gotta love Kaip for getting into that fight, it took some of the emotions out for a while and eliminated what could have been a mass brawl later on in the game (which prob would have happened with the Porter hit). Great play by Lammy and the offense clicked when they needed to.

Best part of the night was anything to do with Lawson. It seemed like he was getting "sieved" throughout the game, especially when he hit the puck out of the air at the end. The pregame smack talk was pretty sweet but the kid's got some issues...