SiouxSports.com Forum

"IPS Driver Error"

jimdahl

Sorry about that folks. I didn't even notice the problem until someone dropped me an email, because the board appeared up until you actually tried to click into a topic.

For the techies -- the index for the posts database table got corrupted, so had to be rebuilt from the post data.

Sorry about that folks. I didn't even notice the problem until someone dropped me an email, because the board appeared up until you actually tried to click into a topic.

For the techies -- the index for the posts database table got corrupted, so had to be rebuilt from the post data.

I just figured you had a day job.

Thanks for everything!

Anyway to translate what you must said into layman's english. I always have the same problem at the com center when something goes down and I have to explain what is happening and you guys speak a different language.

Anyway to translate what you must said into layman's english. I always have the same problem at the com center when something goes down and I have to explain what is happening and you guys speak a different language.

Major F..K UP. Took a while to fix. Now it's ok. :angry:

I've noticed that even though I've set SiouxSports.com to remember my log-in information, I now have to log in manually almost every time I visit the site. Is anyone else having this problem?

I had been having to log in a lot a few weeks ago, but it's rarer for me now.

There are a lot of new security settings in the recent upgrade. I've been trying to balance convenience for users with the reality that malicious attackers are actively attempting to hijack the accounts of board members.

Some of the rules, as I've attempted to configure them:

* If you don't visit for 7 days, you're logged out (the documentation on this is somewhat conflicting, it wouldn't surprise me if you had to login every 7 days, whether you visit or not)

* Your login can be used from multiple computers simultaneously (so checking at work shouldn't log you out from home)

* Your "session" is tied to your IP address. If you visited the board from two different IP addresses via the same web browser within an hour, you will be logged out.

* Your "session" is tied to your IP address. If you visited the board from two different IP addresses via the same web browser within an hour, you will be logged out.

I'm guessing this is what's happening with me. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
I've noticed that even though I've set SiouxSports.com to remember my log-in information, I now have to log in manually almost every time I visit the site. Is anyone else having this problem?

The vendor of this message board software just came out with a new patch that fixes a problem with the board remembering login information. Hopefully that will address the remaining issues.

I won't apply that until Sunday because the board is so busy on Fridays and Saturdays.

The vendor of this message board software just came out with a new patch that fixes a problem with the board remembering login information. Hopefully that will address the remaining issues.

I won't apply that until Sunday because the board is so busy on Fridays and Saturdays.

Again, you tech guys speak a different language. I haven't had a problem logging in since my password stays logged in.

I got the IPS driver error message tonight. :lol:

With apologies in advance to Goon ;), that's just a generic error that means it can't contact the database. 99% of the time, it'll be temporary and reloading (either immediately or in a few minutes) will work.

The problem referenced at the top of this thread was a more permanent error in which the database was corrupted so needed manual attention from me.

Meanwhile, I continue to try to optimize things to handle peak loads. It's a never ending back-and-forth battle because peak loads keep increasing. :D

With apologies in advance to Goon :lol:, that's just a generic error that means it can't contact the database. 99% of the time, it'll be temporary and reloading (either immediately or in a few minutes) will work.

The problem referenced at the top of this thread was a more permanent error in which the database was corrupted so needed manual attention from me.

Meanwhile, I continue to try to optimize things to handle peak loads. It's a never ending back-and-forth battle because peak loads keep increasing. :lol:

So what your saying is a first round playoff loss would solve the problem. :lol: