SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday at Colorado College

JESUS,family,rutgers

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What silly smirk are you refering to?

If you ever watch Nate Lawson play goal against the Sioux he has this stupid grin on his face, a few years back he was taunting the croud and I can't stand the kid. Every time he play UND he plays out of his head. I want UND to lite him up and both games. There is no excuse for this kid to be smiling at the end of the weekend series. Apparently the Sioux snubbed this kid. I heard he wanted to come here and the Sioux coaches weren't interested.

And I continue to be amazed that nobody seems to hold the forwards to the same standard when it comes to scoring goals. It's unfair to place the entire burden for the team's struggles on Lamoureux or on individual defensemen. Score some freakin' goals so that Lamoureux and the defensive corps don't have to play perfectly for the team to win. That's really not an unreasonable expectation.

Even the role players were recruited because they had an offensive edge to their games in Juniors. Walski said they are scoring in practice but are some of them putting in the required effort to score in games. Apparently not.

Even the role players were recruited because they had an offensive edge to their games in Juniors. Walski said they are scoring in practice but are some of them putting in the required effort to score in games. Apparently not.

Sioux Habit I am disapointed in Kozek and Watkins they have done nothing this season or since they have been here, how the heck did these two finish so high in the BCHL in scoring their last year of Juniors? They have huge roles and have not scored. I looked at the nuber last night Kozek has 20 points in two seasons Watkins has less, isn't the BCHL known for creating scorers. These guys were top players in the league. Where the heck did all their talent go? Duncan is still doing it? I guess I can see where some are frustrated too I am frustrated also. Zajac while he skates up and down the ice making plays he is scoring either, he was another high end player in the BCHL. I thought he was supposed to be a relentless player that was almost as good as his brother. Genoway is on the only Freshman that has impressed me this season on a regular basis, Forney and VV should have stayed in Jr's another season.

Kozek scored on a pace with Duncan in the BCHL and I would have expected better numbers from him by now. Watkins was not a big scorer in the BCHL and no one should have expected that. Zajac was undrafted while his brother was a first-rounder; scoring expectations for him should have considered that. No one was in a position to stay in juniors another year because the early departures necessitated that everyone come in for a full roster.

Sioux Habit I am disapointed in Kozek and Watkins they have done nothing this season or since they have been here, how the heck did these two finish so high in the BCHL in scoring their last year of Juniors? They have huge roles and have not scored. I looked at the nuber last night Kozek has 20 points in two seasons Watkins has less, isn't the BCHL known for creating scorers. These guys were top players in the league. Where the heck did all their talent go? Duncan is still doing it? I guess I can see where some are frustrated too I am frustrated also. Zajac while he skates up and down the ice making plays he is scoring either, he was another high end player in the BCHL. I thought he was supposed to be a relentless player that was almost as good as his brother. Genoway is on the only Freshman that has impressed me this season on a regular basis, Forney and VV should have stayed in Jr's another season.

I disagree on VV but I see what you are saying about Forney. With all the predraft hype saying he could become another TJ Oshie in terms of ability to jump right from High School to College, plus with the early departures, Hakstol thought he could bring Forney in. I'm not saying he's not going to pan out. I think he will. I'm just thinking that this start isn't as good as it could have been for Forney.

As for VV, he has steadily improved every single game and simply has not found the back of the net. He's made incredible passes, played tough in the corners, crashed the net, and skated hard shift after shift after the first few games. I think VV fits with the Sioux.

VV needs a finisher on his line... or he needs to get off the schneid and find the back of the twine himself.

from the sounds of it, that all frosh line is playing pretty dang good, obviously not many points but also hasnt been making frosh mistakes either. kozek and watkins need to step it up....

What's up with Kozek. The guy has an amazing shot, almost Bochenski-ish, yet it seems like he can't create opportunities. I think he needs to start camping out more in the front of the net and rely on his teammates to set him up. I really don't think he is a great skater or passer. I think he can be great, but he needs to be set up. His shot is definitely world class. When he was scoring in Mankato his shots looked almost effortless.

What's up with Kozek. The guy has an amazing shot, almost Bochenski-ish, yet it seems like he can't create opportunities. I think he needs to start camping out more in the front of the net and rely on his teammates to set him up. I really don't think he is a great skater or passer. I think he can be great, but he needs to be set up. His shot is definitely world class. When he was scoring in Mankato his shots looked almost effortless.

I agree.

He's really not bad in other facets of the game. He's physical, he works hard, he just seems to have lost his scoring touch!

.......but are some of them putting in the required effort to score in games. Apparently not.

Son, scoring in practice and scoring in games are two completely different things. Considering how poor the Sioux have performed this year, maybe the quality of the opposition during games is better than the quality of opposition within practice.

He's got an amazing shot - when he gets it off. He takes forever to get his shot off.

He's got an amazing shot - when he gets it off. He takes forever to get his shot off.

The times I've seen Kozek play this year, it appears that the majority of his shots fall just short of going into the net. He rings the pipe more than any other player except may Oshie.

Son, scoring in practice and scoring in games are two completely different things. Considering how poor the Sioux have performed this year, maybe the quality of the opposition during games is better than the quality of opposition within practice.

I haven't been called son in awhile :silly: but if that is you in your avatar picture I guess you are one of the few on this forum who can call me that :D . Of course I know games and practices are different. If you reconnect this to the rest of my original post, which you have conveniently removed, I also alluded to the fact that certain players had exhibited a scoring touch in playing situations prior to their Sioux careers. Maybe at the end of the day the lineup does lack the quality to score as you suggest, but I still believe some of them could are capable of more and need to elevate their play.

Kozek scored on a pace with Duncan in the BCHL and I would have expected better numbers from him by now. Watkins was not a big scorer in the BCHL and no one should have expected that. Zajac was undrafted while his brother was a first-rounder; scoring expectations for him should have considered that. No one was in a position to stay in juniors another year because the early departures necessitated that everyone come in for a full roster.

From Matt Watkins bio

..Spent the 2004-05 season with Vernon in the BCHL, finishing regular season with 74 points (36 goals, 38 assists) in 60 games, also had 53 PIM

Kozek has a great shot, but almost always shoots high, meaning he either shoots over the net, hits the crossbar, or every once in a blue moon, picks the upper corner. He also has very good speed, but he does not seem to have very good hands. He has trouble catching passes and often loses the puck on rushes. His stats in the BCHL are somewhat typical for that league--it has the reputation as a scoring league.