SiouxSports.com Forum

Jack Johnson

dallassiouxfan

i bet it happens. i was scared of toews as well.....just a thing that was in the back of my head, thats all...and everyone doesnt need to post after this that he has to much class and loyalty to stay with UND through the season because i know that already, just a simple thought that popped up with me. jack johnson has been a strange case. he had the chance to go to carolina correct?? the defending cup champs last year after the sioux eliinated michigan and i believe a sot in the nhl, then he gets traded after they get tired of him swaying back and forth.....hmmmmm

i bet it happens. i was scared of toews as well.....just a thing that was in the back of my head, thats all...and everyone doesnt need to post after this that he has to much class and loyalty to stay with UND through the season because i know that already, just a simple thought that popped up with me. jack johnson has been a strange case. he had the chance to go to carolina correct?? the defending cup champs last year after the sioux eliinated michigan and i believe a sot in the nhl, then he gets traded after they get tired of him swaying back and forth.....hmmmmm

Yeah, talked about how he turned down Carolina to go to school. Carolina then trades him to LA and now he wants to sign?.... I guess he knows what he is doing.

did anybody make the connection between trevor lewis(LA too) and johnson? i wonder if they talked about this with each other...

Seems rather unlikely. Was Jack Johnson traded to LA in time for the Prospect Camp (or whatever it is that drafted players go to where they practice with the team but don't have to sign a contract with)? Other than Prospect Camp and this year's WJC, has JJ and Lewis played together ever?

I don't see a connection outside of that otherwise.

As for this rumor, I wouldn't believe it until I see it officially. As for the room cleaned out, whats to say that JJ doesn't have other rooming assignments? Such as a different cute girl every week? :D

I think the only possible connection between Lewis and Johnson besides this team, and this is just off the top of my head, would be that Johson attends Michigan, and Lewis was set to be a freshman there this year, and he opted for the major junior route. But who knows, a lot of these talented players know each other no matter where they play.

Siouxhockey5

Seems rather unlikely. Was Jack Johnson traded to LA in time for the Prospect Camp (or whatever it is that drafted players go to where they practice with the team but don't have to sign a contract with)? Other than Prospect Camp and this year's WJC, has JJ and Lewis played together ever?

I don't see a connection outside of that otherwise.

As for this rumor, I wouldn't believe it until I see it officially. As for the room cleaned out, whats to say that JJ doesn't have other rooming assignments? Such as a different cute girl every week? :D

I wouldn't look too much into this rumor since Johnson turned down the bucks to play at Michigan, Johnson has been on the record as being very pro Michigan and it being a dream to play for the Wolverines. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed this summer but I also wouldn't be surprised if he stay all four years at Michigan either.

I think the only possible connection between Lewis and Johnson besides this team, and this is just off the top of my head, would be that Johson attends Michigan, and Lewis was set to be a freshman there this year, and he opted for the major junior route. But who knows, a lot of these talented players know each other no matter where they play.

Siouxhockey5

From what I understand, he didn't opt for major juniors, he actualy signed with LA. Since he signed a contract with a professional organization, he lost his NCAA eligibility, and thus, ended up in the Major Juniors.

Goon- I agree.

Jack is in the line-up tonight. Does anyone know the rules for players as where they have to live. Johnson's parents live in Ann Arbor, and his dad is a favorite of the students at Yost. Jack has improved this season, and may make the jump after the season is over.

Jack is in the line-up tonight. Does anyone know the rules for players as where they have to live. Johnson's parents live in Ann Arbor, and his dad is a favorite of the students at Yost. Jack has improved this season, and may make the jump after the season is over.

Actually, the question is: Who will sign first this offseason? Toews or Johnson? Both will sign this offseason. I'm just interested to see which one sticks around this summer the longest.