SiouxSports.com Forum

WJC

sprig

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Article from the Montreal Gazette talks about Toews, Lee and Chorney.

Revenge will be a large factor

Canada meets the U.S. in the semifinal of the World Junior Hockey Championship and despite a 6-3 win over the Americans in the round-robin, the Canadians are wary

Less than 24 hours after winning gold at last year's World Junior Hockey Championship in Vancouver, Jonathan Toews packed his medal and went to Alaska.

His University of North Dakota teammates already were in Anchorage for a weekend series against the University of Alaska. Among them were T.J. Oshie, Taylor Chorney and Brian Lee - members of the U.S. team that finished fourth at the world juniors.

"I remember getting up there just in time for our pregame meal," said Toews, a centreman for Team Canada then and now. "We were sitting there and I brought my gold medal out in front of everybody. It was pretty funny."

Funny for Toews, maybe. But Oshie, Chorney and Lee were not amused.

lee with nice d play then stupid penalty. hes not out there much at all....

Did you just see him hit that kid? Not trying to start the whole physical vs positional defense debate again, but I've never seen Brian Lee level anyone like that before...