SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DARTMOUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Gopher football team learned how to play some Ball over the Christmas and Winter Break

Must of learned how to play football from Northwestern :D

I saw them give up 31 4th quarter points to Michigan a few years ago in a 38 to 35 game. And they quickly turn the scoreboard off after the game before I could get a picture to show my friends. :D Their fans were in shock then, and they have to be feeling a bit down again this morning.

But to blow a 31 point lead of 38 - 7 midway in the 3rd last night. Becomes, just another case of "Oh, it's just the gopher football team."

I know this is off topic but since everyone's reading this thread I thought I'd mention it.....

Read about the latest hypocricy from the PC left and their attempted censorship (ala NCAA, U of M, etc. regarding Native American imagary) toward a rap/metal band called Stuck Mojo. They have a new song and video titled "Open Season" that, despite moving to the top of the "most viewed video charts," on U Tube and iFilm.com, these media groups have pulled the video. The song is anti-jihad, pro-military and pro-U.S.A. Seems that these media groups have a problem with this message and have decided to pull the video simply because Stuck Mojo's message does not conform to their left-leaning credo. They go so far as to accuse this Georgia-based band as being racists, meanwhile the lead singer is African-American and, last I checked, Jihadist isn't a race!!! The group publicly states that the are NOT anti-Islam....rather anti-Jihadist.

People, this isn't about being Democrat or Republican. The left's attempt at blocking free speech simply if it doesn't conform to their politics is flat out wrong. The similarities between this sort of music censorship and what the University of North Dakota are experiencing are uncanny.

I urge you to go to www.knac.com and read the article titled, "Stuck Mojo Banned Again for Anti-Jihadist Video" and to support the band, whether you like that kind of music or not. Free speech is for people of ALL political leanings, not just the left.

Thank you for your time,

Dan

Yes, Dan thank God we have the "conservative" ACLU fighting for free speech... :silly: Don't blame Liberals, I am one and have a very different view. SCSU is far and away the most conservative U in the most conservative area of Minnesota. This isn't liberal vs. conservative. It's common sense vs. a lack there of..

Yes, Dan thank God we have the "conservative" ACLU fighting for free speech... :silly: Don't blame Liberals, I am one and have a very different view. SCSU is far and away the most conservative U in the most conservative area of Minnesota. This isn't liberal vs. conservative. It's common sense vs. a lack there of..

Not blaming the libs is like not hating the Gophers around here. :sad:

Yes, Dan thank God we have the "conservative" ACLU fighting for free speech... :lol: Don't blame Liberals, I am one and have a very different view. SCSU is far and away the most conservative U in the most conservative area of Minnesota. This isn't liberal vs. conservative. It's common sense vs. a lack there of..

I know-political correctness comes in all shapes, from the left and the right....with my interest in heavy metal, we catch it from the religious right too (ask Marilyn Manson!). It's just that my experience has been that the left is always supporting "free speech" so long as it caters to their agenda. I spent 4 years at Colorado College-a VERY liberal school-and saw this first hand. Geez, you can't even say the word, "Freshman" at CC! They are referred to as "First Years" because nobody wants to offend women. This was a ridiculous term created by the sociology department at CC. I could give you several more examples but they aren't worth mentioning on this post.

The point of my post was to highlight an example of when the left doesn't support free speech. You say that SCSU is a conservative school, which makes me curious as to why they would be one of the more aggressive schools in regards to opposition to the Sioux nickname.

Yes, Dan thank God we have the "conservative" ACLU fighting for free speech... :lol: Don't blame Liberals, I am one and have a very different view. SCSU is far and away the most conservative U in the most conservative area of Minnesota. This isn't liberal vs. conservative. It's common sense vs. a lack there of..

Wow - thats bold.

Well, Stearns county is in fact conservative, but hardly the most in the state and how can you make the claim that SCSU is conservative at all - let alone the most in the state (far and away?). I would like to know how a statement like that can be supported.

It appears to be fairly evident that liberals (especially at the elitest academic level) support free speech only when they agree with what is being said and/or supports their position. One case in point;

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12232006/posto...editorials_.htm

Wow - thats bold.

Well, Stearns county is in fact conservative, but hardly the most in the state and how can you make the claim that SCSU is conservative at all - let alone the most in the state (far and away?). I would like to know how a statement like that can be supported.

It appears to be fairly evident that liberals (especially at the elitest academic level) support free speech only when they agree with what is being said and/or supports their position. One case in point;

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12232006/posto...editorials_.htm