SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DARTMOUTH

AZSIOUX

no it sure didnt, who needs those bums :D we won a game without them :D seriously, lee and chorney will be back very soon and i predict we dont see toews until after he hangs another gold around his jersey.

have players ever jumped ship to the NHL after x-mas break?? not saying a damn thing. just askin..thats all

Toews wouldn't do that . . . he has class, and a heart.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree as well as loyalty!!

both missed the question, try again..............., i said HAS ANYONE EVER DONE IT? like a nhl team swooping in and wanting him to play? probably not as that would be a year towards free agency but maybe there has been a instance, just didnt know

In a few months I will have a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, all in favor of allowing me to clone Toews and Oshie say Aye.

well you are wayy to smart to be posting on this board, go back to the lab :D

I know this is off topic but since everyone's reading this thread I thought I'd mention it.....

Read about the latest hypocricy from the PC left and their attempted censorship (ala NCAA, U of M, etc. regarding Native American imagary) toward a rap/metal band called Stuck Mojo. They have a new song and video titled "Open Season" that, despite moving to the top of the "most viewed video charts," on U Tube and iFilm.com, these media groups have pulled the video. The song is anti-jihad, pro-military and pro-U.S.A. Seems that these media groups have a problem with this message and have decided to pull the video simply because Stuck Mojo's message does not conform to their left-leaning credo. They go so far as to accuse this Georgia-based band as being racists, meanwhile the lead singer is African-American and, last I checked, Jihadist isn't a race!!! The group publicly states that the are NOT anti-Islam....rather anti-Jihadist.

People, this isn't about being Democrat or Republican. The left's attempt at blocking free speech simply if it doesn't conform to their politics is flat out wrong. The similarities between this sort of music censorship and what the University of North Dakota are experiencing are uncanny.

I urge you to go to www.knac.com and read the article titled, "Stuck Mojo Banned Again for Anti-Jihadist Video" and to support the band, whether you like that kind of music or not. Free speech is for people of ALL political leanings, not just the left.

Thank you for your time,

Dan

Only got to watch a few minutes of the first. As relieved as we are that the team won, how do you suppose they feel in the locker room tonite? It's one night but the outcome is much more as expected. Only 1 goal against, and 4 goals for, and goals chipped in by players who are expected to score but haven't or who are generally low scoring players. Good things happen when the goals come throughout the lineup.

I wonder if the penalty fest was more because of the non-WCHA officiating than anything the Sioux were doing.

Also nice to beat Dartmouth. Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth this is causing to so many people in the New Hampshire area? Oh, the humanity...

Also nice to beat Dartmouth. Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth this is causing to so many people in the New Hampshire area? Oh, the humanity...

I can guarantee you that the majority of people in the state of NH don't care about the Fighting Sioux nickname controversy. I live in New England and more people were appalled at the way in which the AD handled the situation of her displeasure then about the use of the name "Fighting Sioux."

And yes, that was classic East Coast hockey tonight, no flow, lots of calls; sometimes you've gotta let 'em play.

quick question, do we get to keep renaming them so that we can keep them forever or................?

Wait, do clones age? Could we then clone Prpich and bring him back?

I would only agree to clone Prpich if I could also clone Paukovitch so that we could all re-experience the spearing of his nuts.

Nope. TJ always #1 or #2, Robbie always #1 or #2. Both these boys play with all their heart, energy and when knocked down jump right back up. They both play smart, too. They're both great role models for their teammates and any little (youngsters)guys playing hockey.

I don't know. Porter plays like that as well, just not as dynamic as Oshie.

Porter was consistantly trying to generate offense and, though he only got an assist out of his effort, he really did a quality job at attempting it.

I guess I just really liked Porter's play tonight.

Actually, I think everyone played pretty well tonight. Finley even hit people. Genoway was all over the ice. The Vandevelde line played well and got quality time. Radke (when he wasn't serving penalties) did a great job blocking shots and penalty killing. Oshie had a great game. Lamoureux had a good game as well (even though I didn't give him a star!).

And we only got outscored 1-0 in the second period! But at least we scored first and didn't allow them to score right away afterwards.

Let's go for the win tommorrow! I like our chances a lot more against St. Lawrence than I would vs. BU. Seriously, how crappy was that. BU must have felt like Maine did after Stafford scored in OT at the Alfond Arena.

And yes, that was classic East Coast hockey tonight, no flow, lots of calls; sometimes you've gotta let 'em play.

I'm really not sure what is worse: This style or the WCHA style "Let them go until someone gets injured or it affects the game too much that the big schools complain about it too much."

I guess I like East Coast style as long as they are consistent. I'm tired of interference only being called in certain situations like it is in the WCHA.

Let's go for the win tommorrow! I like our chances a lot more against St. Lawrence than I would vs. BU. Seriously, how crappy was that. BU must have felt like Maine did after Stafford scored in OT at the Alfond Arena.

Really why? I wanted BU to play you guys, but realistically I didn't think we'd win. Our goalie has a concussion, our captain has a concussion and staples in his head, and we can't score goals. I think your chances are pretty good either way.

Just try and keep the puck away from McBride, which we obviously didn't do.

Really why? I wanted BU to play you guys, but realistically I didn't think we'd win. Our goalie has a concussion, our captain has a concussion and staples in his head, and we can't score goals. I think your chances are pretty good either way.

Just try and keep the puck away from McBride, which we obviously didn't do.

I thought Curry wasn't seriously injured? You were only missing Schaeffer and Yip? Guess I was wrong.

I think BU has more weapons than SLU and, overall in a conceited way, I think the overall quality of Hockey East is superior to that of the ECACHL and I think it would be a better game.

Well, anyhow, GO BU, BEAT THE BIG GREEN :D

EDIT: Hey, do you think Bunning should issue an apology for creating a hostile and abusive message by not allowing the Big Green to win?