SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DARTMOUTH

AZSIOUX

My Players of the game:

Three stars:

1st Star - Chris Porter

2nd Star - Robbie Bina

3rd Star - Chay Genoway

Justification: Couldn't give a star to Phil for two reasons: 1. Didn't face that many shots 2. This is petty, but I don't feel that any goaltender that gives up a shortie (despite this being a team issue) should get an award. I put Chay Genoway in the 3rd Star position because he was all over the ice. Radke would have gotten the star had he been better at staying out of the box. Arguments could be made for Oshie, the Vandevelde line, Kaip, and Kozek as well. EDIT: I gave the 1st Star to Porter because he was leading the way all night in terms of shooting the puck, trying to generate offense. Bina was instrumental as well. Really, Bina and Porter could be flip flopped and it would be easy to agree with as well.

Opposing Player of the Game: I think I'll either give it to David Jones or Grant Lewis. Lewis was all over the ice and did a decent job covering Oshie. Jones was opportunistic and scored Dartmouth's only goal.

Garbage Player of the Game (player that, had he not played the game would have been safer): Tanner Glass, Dartmouth. I mean, only contributing by slashing and interfering with the goaltender. This was an easy award to give.

We're off to face St. Lawrence (WOW. There goes my predictions)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key phrase from Lammy's post game interview "we knew we had to battle and outwork our opponent."

Your guys know what they have to do, and despite all the penalties tonight they did that. You guys are gonna be fine.

And I could say your the one who said it first...I guess I just did :ohmy:

My point is that lack of scoring has had as much to do with UND's lack of success as goaltending or the play of the defensemen. When you score four or more goals, you don't need to play perfect defense the entire game. That's why scoring goals matters.

My Playters of the game:

Three stars:

1st Star - Chris Porter

2nd Star - Robbie Bina

3rd Star - Chay Genoway

Justification: Couldn't give a star to Phil for two reasons: 1. Didn't face that many shots 2. This is petty, but I don't feel that any goaltender that gives up a shortie (despite this being a team issue) should get an award. I put Chay Genoway in the 3rd Star position because he was all over the ice. Radke would have gotten the star had he been better at staying out of the box. Arguments could be made for Oshie, the Vandevelde line, Kaip, and Kozek as well.

Opposing Player of the Game: I think I'll either give it to David Jones or Grant Lewis. Lewis was all over the ice and did a decent job covering Oshie. Jones was opportunistic and scored Dartmouth's only goal.

Garbage Player of the Game (player that, had he not played the world would be a better place): Tanner Glass, Dartmouth. I mean, only contributing by slashing and interfering with the goaltender. This was an easy award to give.

We're off to face St. Lawrence (WOW. There goes my predictions)

And Oshie was all over the ice all night long. I would think he would be #1 or #2.

My Playters of the game:

Three stars:

1st Star - Chris Porter

2nd Star - Robbie Bina

3rd Star - Chay Genoway

Justification: Couldn't give a star to Phil for two reasons: 1. Didn't face that many shots 2. This is petty, but I don't feel that any goaltender that gives up a shortie (despite this being a team issue) should get an award. I put Chay Genoway in the 3rd Star position because he was all over the ice. Radke would have gotten the star had he been better at staying out of the box. Arguments could be made for Oshie, the Vandevelde line, Kaip, and Kozek as well.

Garbage Player of the Game (player that, had he not played the world would be a better place): Tanner Glass, Dartmouth. I mean, only contributing by slashing and interfering with the goaltender. This was an easy award to give.

sorry, did you see the whole game. oshie had 3 great plays in the 1st , all over the ice and 2 assists. dont care about the assists really but he was unbelievable, or maybe you skipped him as its expected :D he was simply GREAT

finley was hitting like he should, very nice to see that. 5 big hits

phil did what he had to do, good job phil, good overall win

My point is that lack of scoring has had as much to do with UND's lack of success as goaltending or the play of the defensemen. When you score four or more goals, you don't need to play perfect defense the entire game. That's why scoring goals matters.

PCM. I hear you barking...same thing I have been thinking all year long. One other thing off topic I will say and that is if you put the puck on the net, good things will happen. A pretty play is great but a puck on the net with a garbage goal still counts the same,

No love for Lamoureux? Figures. :D

I thought he played well for the most part. Especially for how often the sioux were down a man.

You said it right, if you score some goals you don't have to play perfect hockey all the time. Those mistakes certainly get magnified when you are constantly playing 1 or two goal games.

No love for Lamoureux? Figures. :D

I'm not calling for him to be benched though. I think he had a good game, but not "Star" worthy.

No, I did not hear the first period.

OK OK!

I'll revise my three stars :D

1st Star- TJ Oshie

2nd Star- Chris Porter

3rd Star- Robbie Bina

Who cares, really. We WON!

I absolutely hate that 'keep away game' the PP plays. How many PP's were there and how many shots were made during the PP? Frustrating to watch!!

I don't think our PP would be as bad (as of late) if we just shot more. I don't think it's that bad otherwise. Cycling is important, sure, but no one has ever scored a goal on a pass. You have to shoot the puck (or at least throw the puck at the net) in order to score.

If I were an opposing coach, If I could make it so that all the Sioux could do was pass the puck around the perimeter and not make any shots on goal, it doesn't matter whether or not you spend 1 second in your defensive zone or the full penalty time. The score won't change.

1st Star- TJ Oshie

2nd Star- Chris Porter

3rd Star- Robbie Bina!

Nope. TJ always #1 or #2, Robbie always #1 or #2. Both these boys play with all their heart, energy and when knocked down jump right back up. They both play smart, too. They're both great role models for their teammates and any little (youngsters)guys playing hockey.

figures he won a game. thank the lord!! he played well, a few very nice saves.....

now if we win 2 everyone, thats almost a winning streak :D

Paraphrasing this of course, but from "Major League".

You win tonight and thats one win, you win tomorrow, thats two. You win the next game and thats a winning streak.

Not having three of five regulars on the power play also makes a difference.

no it sure didnt, who needs those bums :D we won a game without them :D seriously, lee and chorney will be back very soon and i predict we dont see toews until after he hangs another gold around his jersey.

have players ever jumped ship to the NHL after x-mas break?? not saying a damn thing. just askin..thats all

My three stars:

No. 1 - Robbie Bina

Great game-winning goal. The Sioux need scoring from their defensemen.

No. 2 - Rylan Kaip

Kaip's first goal of the season and first Sioux shorthander of the season was big. It's the type of play the Sioux will need if they're going to have success the rest of the season. And we know from last season that once Kaip gets it goin' there's no stopping him. :D

No. 3 - Phil Lamoureux

Lamoureux gets an assist on Kaip's shorty and helps shutout Dartmouth (0-10) on the power play.