SiouxSports.com Forum

Team USA vs Germany

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it actually called TVU Player? I got no results for that if so.

After the download where do I go?

http://www.download.com/TVU-Player/3000-2194_4-10584888.html

go there... download it and then install it and open it up. you'll be able to watch all the games from that program.

i'd imagine hfboards.com has a list of what games will be shown.

a loss in round robin play doesn't eliminate you from the gold medal. sure it's disappointing, but they still have a definite shot at a medal, including gold.

Not to mention they can't win silver without being in the gold medal game.

go there... download it and then install it and open it up. you'll be able to watch all the games from that program.

quick update: they just took the wjc channel down, since the game is over. it should be back up when the canada game starts.

you also can use this to watch regular season nhl games. i usually get to see the devils play at least one game a week because of it. but you also get to watch pretty much every team around the league once every other week.

it appears that way, yes.

i'm just so used to people bashing a team after a loss lately, i just assumed he was saying they're finished (not to be confused with finnish, which i don't wish upon anyone.) :lol:

That's what I hope (they make the Gold Medal game). Maybe they can win it? If not, I'll take silver. :blush:

No, I'm not giving up. I just think the US is (on paper) the 3rd best team in the WJT behind Canada and Finland. I'm not sure about Sweden. They always seem to put a good team on the ice as well.

We'll have to see what happens. The US not losing to Germany in quite some time is disappointing but, again, I wonder how long Team Germany has played together as a roster. Last WJT, US was at a disadvantage because many of the other teams had played longer together. I wonder if this might be something similar this year. HOWEVER, already I can say that we have a better chance because there are less primadonnas on this team than last year. At least on paper. I haven't seen a game yet. :lol:

-------------------------------------------

Soutpaw- Thanks a TON for the link.

Anyone know what happened to two events that usually take place around this time?

- the U-17 Challenge that has four Canadian teams (Pacific, West, etc.) and others, including a US team.

- the Viking Cup, that included a USHL team.

Thanks.

Downloaded ok. Does the channel show up as "World Junior" or what am I looking for?

No, I'm not giving up. I just think the US is (on paper) the 3rd best team in the WJT behind Canada and Finland. I'm not sure about Sweden. They always seem to put a good team on the ice as well.

We'll have to see what happens. The US not losing to Germany in quite some time is disappointing but, again, I wonder how long Team Germany has played together as a roster. Last WJT, US was at a disadvantage because many of the other teams had played longer together. I wonder if this might be something similar this year. HOWEVER, already I can say that we have a better chance because there are less primadonnas on this team than last year. At least on paper. I haven't seen a game yet. :huh:

Where did you find this "paper". Finland is not as strong this year, and they just lost to a relegation team also. Bad start for both the US and Finland as they each lost to the supposed weakest team in their respective pools.

HOWEVER, already I can say that we have a better chance because there are less primadonnas on this team than last year.

I don't know about that. There was a lot of selfish play by U.S. players during this game. Erik Johnson showed a lot of it. Patrick Kane has a lot of potential, but tried to do too much on his own at times. Jack Johnson had his moments where he thought he'd be the difference maker. Those 3 stick out. Okposo clearly the stud of the team. Kid is amazing to watch play. Chorney had a pretty solid game up until his last shift. Lee was pretty unnoticeable up until his last shift. Bottom line, these guys need to play as a team. They got down early, and spent the remainder of the game trying to tie it up, mostly through individual efforts. Going 1 for 10 on the PP is not good at all, especially against the Germans. The Germans played a very good defense, but I think the U.S. made it look even better for them than it actually is.

Where did you find this "paper". Finland is not as strong this year, and they just lost to a relegation team also. Bad start for both the US and Finland as they each lost to the supposed weakest team in their respective pools.

You're correct, Finland doesn't have anywhere near the team they've had in past years. I'm thinking Redwing is going off that....past years. Where they have a good goaltender, I don't think they have a good defense.

I don't know about that. There was a lot of selfish play by U.S. players during this game. Erik Johnson showed a lot of it. Patrick Kane has a lot of potential, but tried to do too much on his own at times. Jack Johnson had his moments where he thought he'd be the difference maker. Those 3 stick out. Okposo clearly the stud of the team. Kid is amazing to watch play. Chorney had a pretty solid game up until his last shift. Lee was pretty unnoticeable up until his last shift. Bottom line, these guys need to play as a team. They got down early, and spent the remainder of the game trying to tie it up, mostly through individual efforts. Going 1 for 10 on the PP is not good at all, especially against the Germans. The Germans played a very good defense, but I think the U.S. made it look even better for them than it actually is.

Ok.

I didn't see the game :huh:

I will reneg my claim that there are less primadonnas on this team. I guess that was my optimism showing through. Will the US get it together and play like a team? Or will they fall flat on their face again?

As for Finland, I thought they'd be tough to beat because of their goaltending and defense. Apparently, so far, the scores have shown otherwise.

Different country, different rink....same old story...

The goalie also forgot to get his paddle on the ice and close the 5 hole....It really was a pretty harmless shot. I'd place more blame on Chorney just for the fact that the guy he was covering was able to get a stick on it. Lee got beat but still was able to get his man to throw out a really weak pass from behind the net.

So it's Brian Lee's fault that the U.S. team couldn't score more than two goals against Germany to avoid OT? :huh:

I don't think Lee or Chorney played terrible games. I'm sure they'll be the two who are remembered for this loss (if anyone remembers it much into the future) because they were the defensive pair on the ice when the Germans won in OT. However, this loss can be blamed on the entire team. Other than Okposo and Kane at times, I don't think anyone on Team USA played great hockey. A lot of people played selfish hockey, not using their teammates when they needed them the most, and IMO, that's the reason we lost today.