SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 Sioux Hockey

SIOUXELEVENS

The Sioux are currently in 8th place in the WCHA with a recored of 5-8-1(7-10-1 overall). They are 7 points from 2nd, 4 from 3rd, 3 from 4th and only 1 point from home ice. The Sioux need to sweep CC,AA,Mankato,UMD, split with UM,SCSU and DU. The Goalies need one less goal against and the Offense needs one more goal for,not real big goals but should be attainable. Hopefully Dane Jackson gets the penality kill figured out and we can become more physical without fear of taking a penality we can't kill.

Toews and Oshie go on second half tears and Lee and Chorny come back from the World Jrs. ready to play like we all know they can. The Third and Fourth line start chpping in goals and we make it To the WCHA final five and then the NCAA's. (All I want for X-mas is a good 2nd half) :lol:

The Sioux are currently in 8th place in the WCHA with a recored of 5-8-1(7-10-1 overall). They are 7 points from 2nd, 4 from 3rd, 3 from 4th and only 1 point from home ice. The Sioux need to sweep CC,AA,Mankato,UMD, split with UM,SCSU and DU. The Goalies need one less goal against and the Offense needs one more goal for,not real big goals but should be attainable. Hopefully Dane Jackson gets the penality kill figured out and we can become more physical without fear of taking a penality we can't kill.

Toews and Oshie go on second half tears and Lee and Chorny come back from the World Jrs. ready to play like we all know they can. The Third and Fourth line start chpping in goals and we make it To the WCHA final five and then the NCAA's. (All I want for X-mas is a good 2nd half) :lol:

A lot can be said for keeping the faith. I just want a victory. I have to see this team start playing well before I start having post-season visions. Our top scorers aren't scoring. Our top defensemen are defenseless. Our goal tenders don't. Just a bad team right now.

No offense but I don't see UND sweeping CC @ CC. I don't think Toews,Lee,and Chorney will be back from the Junior tourney yet?? AA,Mankato,and UMD should be a sweep at home (let's face it last weeknd vs Tech was a mirage). Garner a split with SCSU & DU on the road--anyone would take that. As far as the Minnesota series goes I see it like this, old-school hard-fought bitter rivalry where the win-loss records are to be thrown out the window. Minnesota could very easily sweep in convincing fashion but so could UND.

So that adds up to about a .500 record in WCHA play which generally gets you home-ice. I think either way UND is playing in St. Paul in march regardless of their finish in the league.

The Sioux need to sweep CC,AA,Mankato,UMD, split with UM,SCSU and DU.

Woah. I'm being as optimistic as possible about the Sioux and their chances for the 2nd half, but that is a tall order from any team.

The way I see it of what is the most possible outcomes:

Split or 1 point against CC (all the World Jr players are still gone).

Split or 3 points against UAA.

Sweep MSUM.

Sweep UMD.

Get swept by UMN.

Split with SCSU.

Split with DU.

I think that type of scenario would put the team at around 8-6 for the 2nd half, which doesn't sound great, but is much better than their first half and at the same time should be enough to give them home ice. Hopefully they can get some wins in the Dartmouth Tourney and against BSU to strengthen their out of conference record as well, which would greatly help any chance they may have of making the NCAA's.

Garner a split with SCSU & DU on the road--anyone would take that. As far as the Minnesota series goes I see it like this, old-school hard-fought bitter rivalry where the win-loss records are to be thrown out the window. Minnesota could very easily sweep in convincing fashion but so could UND.

I am not sold on DU, I have seen them play a few times and they aren't that good. Not bad but I think they could tank it in the second half.

SCSU hasn't have their tough spot yet and could come back to earth.

Woah. I'm being as optimistic as possible about the Sioux and their chances for the 2nd half, but that is a tall order from any team.

The way I see it of what is the most possible outcomes:

Split or 1 point against CC (all the World Jr players are still gone).

Split or 3 points against UAA.

Sweep MSUM.

Sweep UMD.

Get swept by UMN.

Split with SCSU.

Split with DU.

I think that type of scenario would put the team at around 8-6 for the 2nd half, which doesn't sound great, but is much better than their first half and at the same time should be enough to give them home ice. Hopefully they can get some wins in the Dartmouth Tourney and against BSU to strengthen their out of conference record as well, which would greatly help any chance they may have of making the NCAA's.

The first half we had a lot of lot of close games that we didn't play very well or just didn't score, the tide will turn and I think we will go 10-4 in the WCHA and 14-4 overall. If Hakstol gives Greico some more starts it will help,maybe even try Walski. In the three seasons Lammy has played here he just doesn't get goal support for one reason or another. Kinda reminds me of Schweitzer vs Goehring in 97-98 season. Lets start the second half off with two wins,3rd or 4th liners step up with the World Jrs. players missing.