SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Sioux Star?

Handsome Rob

I don't know if any of u have heard of Brent Benson, if you havent he lives in Saskatchewan, he plays for teams in the states. Hes the best hockey player in Western Canada by Scouts. It could be him since he usually does play in the states and it says hes canadian but Im not too sure about that.

I don't know if any of u have heard of Brent Benson, if you havent he lives in Saskatchewan, he plays for teams in the states. Hes the best hockey player in Western Canada by Scouts. It could be him since he usually does play in the states and it says hes canadian but Im not too sure about that.

Brent is talented and still plays for his hometown Weyburn bantam team as far as I know. The age is right but they wear Red uniforms if my memory isn't failing me. Benson and his family have been talking to SSM about him possibly attending high shool there so if it is him in the video watch for those moves in an arena near you. :lol:

Brent is talented and still plays for his hometown Weyburn bantam team as far as I know. The age is right but they wear Red uniforms if my memory isn't failing me. Benson and his family have been talking to SSM about him possibly attending high shool there so if it is him in the video watch for those moves in an arena near you. :lol:

Yes that's right, he plays for the Youngfellows, or maybe its changed, and when he was being scouted for SSM the scout was L.P Parise. I saw him play here in Winnipeg in the summer for Wheatland, he is quite amazing, My friend who is 6'0 skated right into him and fell down. Benson is only 5'10 I think but hes got muscles like wrestlers!

Yes that's right, he plays for the Youngfellows, or maybe its changed, and when he was being scouted for SSM the scout was L.P Parise. I saw him play here in Winnipeg in the summer for Wheatland, he is quite amazing, My friend who is 6'0 skated right into him and fell down. Benson is only 5'10 I think but hes got muscles like wrestlers!

:lol: just sounds funny

Nice moves but a couple thoughts.....

1. Yes, how good is that goalie?

2. Could you actually pull some of those moves off in a game, and when are you going to use the shootout in a College Hockey situation.

3. Unsportsmanlike. I remember how angry the announcers got two years ago when a Denver player tried that against CC in the National Semifinal. Just ripped apart the player for trying something like that in a blowout. Inappropriate in any situation.

Nice moves but a couple thoughts.....

1. Yes, how good is that goalie?

2. Could you actually pull some of those moves off in a game, and when are you going to use the shootout in a College Hockey situation.

3. Unsportsmanlike. I remember how angry the announcers got two years ago when a Denver player tried that against CC in the National Semifinal. Just ripped apart the player for trying something like that in a blowout. Inappropriate in any situation.

1. who cares

2. nope, unless you have some big ones!

3. the announcers just wish they could do it :lol:

BAH HUMBUG :lol::huh:

its sick as hell no matter what..................nice hands

1. who cares

2. nope, unless you have some big ones!

3. the announcers just wish they could do it :lol:

BAH HUMBUG :lol::huh:

its sick as hell no matter what..................nice hands

im not saying its not impressive, but I wouldn't go recruiting someone based on there shootout abilities when they were 13

Well, I don't know if you guys were paying attention, but it says his name is Kevin Roy, and it's a High School skills competition in Maine...plus, as good as he is with a puck, he only scored on half of those moves. He can do the moves alright, but he's not fast enough to actually score on all of them. Still, I don't know if I've personally ever seen a 13 year old be able to do some of those things with a puck...he must have used a lot of wax.

• 3 weeks later...
I know when i was 13 i still was relying on a chair to keep me up from falling on the ice. The KID has some NHL type moves that I thought are pretty impressive. The last move earned my respect and he even scored on it! The only move he missed was the Brian Rolston breakaway shootout Slapshot..

If you've ever played hockey at a competitive level, or even played close attention to how great players handle the puck and the way at moves on the blade the way this young man handles the puck is very impressive. Although a few of those moves are simply for show and would be unreliable in the game, it is still a good testimony to the capabilities of the kid. Very impressive.