SiouxSports.com Forum

Cc-mankato

mujack

Jensen has replaced Volp in goal in a good ol' fashioned butt whuppin'. Score now 8-1.

I don't know, is it better to end a long unbeaten streak by getting crushed? It seems like you might be able to put that behind you better.

Well, I would hate to lose the streak in a flukey one goal game, but this sounds like a real ass-whipping. We will see tomorrow if the mighty Mavs can shake this one off or if they have a little post-concussion syndrome. Go Sioux-Mavs Lose!! ???

I think it is easier for the fans at least. I know I wasn't too angry when the Sioux blasted the Gophs eight or nine to nothing to end the Gophs long unbeaten streak in '95 or so. Of course, that was before the five years of Sioux domination so I didn't have a lot of angst towards the Sioux yet.

I apologize for being petty, but because of all the trash the Maverick fans were talking on this and the USCHO board the last ten days or so, I was overjoyed to see their team absolutely get smoked.

According to Grant Stevenson the Mavs must have thought they were playing in a beer league last night.

I apologize for being petty, but because of all the trash the Maverick fans were talking on this and the USCHO board the last ten days or so, I was overjoyed to see their team absolutely get smoked.

No need to be sorry. I think your feelings are probably felt by fans on many WCHA teams in regards to most Mavs fans.

Hey, I've never talked trash here or on USCHO board. I've always gotten along great with UND fans who have come to Mankato for games.

Mavs score 5 unanswered goals in the third period to drop CC 9-6. Stevenson didn't play due to a separated shoulder, but Joseph scored four goals without his playmaking center.

Congratulations to the Mavericks for one heck of a season. I think almost everyone (including me) wrote them off at the beginning of the year. Their success has been phenomenal.

How bad is Stevenson's shoulder? An injury like that certainly isn't what Mankato needs heading into the playoffs.