SiouxSports.com Forum

Developing NHL players

Fetch

I'm kinda tired of some/maybe most (not all) but we need scrappy tough players like Duncan & Bina - a team full of those kinda guys would be Fun to watch & I bet would consistently win & stay for 4 yrs

Who else past, present & future fits this mold ?

I'm kinda tired of some/maybe most (not all) but we need scrappy tough players like Duncan & Bina - a team full of those kinda guys would be Fun to watch & I bet would consistently win & stay for 4 yrs

Those two are great players, as well as guys like Prpich, or mitch vig from the 97 championship team. But these players also benefit from the two year NHL'ers as well. Would duncan have this many points if he didn't benefit from being on a line with toews and or oshie? Probably not, these guys are always the focus of other teams which opens up the rest of the ice for other players. Two notable four year guys were Lee Goren and Jason Ulmer, I would take those four year players all day, but for the most part guys who put up those point totals even now are offered pro contracts, so would they be four year players on this team? Who knows

Lee Goren only played three years,lost one year on a major jr try out or something like that

Didn't he have an offer to sign after his junior season? I could be mistaken, but that's what the jokers on ESPN used as their story line during the 2000 NC game.... he wanted "one more kick at the can." He played as long as he could.

I remember Adam Calder being a nice 4-year player. Didn't Jason Blake stay through his senior year? Matt Henderson?

Like Sparky? :D

Even the best intentions don't lend themselves to 4 year players. I want to see the best 19 we can find on the ice for the Sioux every night.

I was a big fan of David Hale. He missed some time with that kidney disease of his and then came back and absolutely killed everyone he got near.

Hale missed most of the last two months of 02-03 season and then came back for the Ferris State playoff game. As I recall, his presence didn't make much difference. :D

After that season, he was gone to the Devils.