SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney news, thoughts, articles

AZSIOUX

Interesting to note that TSN will broadcast 3 USA games. Canadians will probably see the US team more than the US.

I would highly recommend getting NHL Center Ice then? Its only 149.00 for the year. They let you break it up in to three payments. Last night I got to watch Zach's goal and two assits as well as Hale's fight.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly recommend getting NHL Center Ice then? Its only 149.00 for the year. They let you break it up in to three payments. Last night I got to watch Zach's goal and two assits as well as Hale's fight.

If I remember correctly from last year, when it was played in Vancouver, NHL Center Ice still only broadcasted 3 games or so. Granted, that's 3 games more than what any other channel in the states was willing to broadcast, but I do wish they'd simply appease us hockey fans and have a couple channels designated solely for that tournament, or at least the big games that include the U.S., Canada, and Russia. I guess I'm just greedy and want to see all the games! :silly:

If I remember correctly from last year, when it was played in Vancouver, NHL Center Ice still only broadcasted 3 games or so. Granted, that's 3 games more than what any other channel in the states was willing to broadcast, but I do wish they'd simply appease us hockey fans and have a couple channels designated solely for that tournament, or at least the big games that include the U.S., Canada, and Russia. I guess I'm just greedy and want to see all the games! :silly:

Are you sure? I know I watched most if not all of the games the USA played and a few of the Canadian games. I was pretty sure it was TSN but I could be wrong.

WJT HOME

http://www.worldjuniors2007.com/index_eng.htm

TSA CANADA HOME

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/

toews mention

http://tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story/?...canadian_hockey

Another veteran, Jonathan Toews, is also a candidate to be the country's top centre. The North Dakota sophomore has looked strong to open selection camp whether he had Angelo Esposito and Steve Downie, or John Tavares and Dan Bertram, on his wings.

USA HOME

http://www.usahockey.com/2007wjc/main_site/main/home/

Seriously though: Team USA got called for nearly twice as many penalties that Czech did. Some were dumb (delay of game penalties, IMO, are dumb penalties regardless).

It's odd to read the box score/recap and see a UMN player (Carmen) tipping a shot by a UND player (Chorney) into the net.

On the other hand, it looks like Chorney simply donned a new uniform and kept up the same game. He really is a bright spot this year for the Sioux.

It's odd to read the box score/recap and see a UMN player (Carmen) tipping a shot by a UND player (Chorney) into the net.

Why? Does the University of Minnesota have a policy against Gopher players touching pucks shot by Fighting Sioux players? :lol::lol:

That assumes that the UMN WR could actually hold onto the ball. :D

Toews finds his "Sioux Scoring" touch in Euorpe!!!

HELSINKI, Finland (CP) - Karl Alzner and Steve Downie each had a goal and two assists to lead Canada's world junior hockey team to a 5-2 win over Finland in an exhibition game Wednesday.

Brad Marchand, Jonathan Toews and Andrew Cogliano each added a goal and an assist for the Canadians, who played a solid all-around game in their exhibition opener.

For those close to the border CJOB 680 in Winnipeg will broadcast games from the tournament. I couldn't fin a schedule on their website but I assume it will be all the Canadian games. If you can't see the Canada vs USA game at least you can listen.

Also TSN will have a tournament pregame show Christmas Eve.

Team USA wins their second exhibition game, 5-3 against Switzerland. No Sioux players involved in the scoring. Here's the link to the summary. USA/Switzerland Recap

Article also says that most U.S. games will be aired on NHL Center Ice, however, I've checked the guide for Dish Network, and there is no indication at this time as to what channel the games will be on.

Team USA wins their second exhibition game, 5-3 against Switzerland. No Sioux players involved in the scoring. Here's the link to the summary. USA/Switzerland Recap

Article also says that most U.S. games will be aired on NHL Center Ice, however, I've checked the guide for Dish Network, and there is no indication at this time as to what channel the games will be on.

That should be really good news. I guy should be able to see them because they will be on early mid day I would assume.