SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney news, thoughts, articles

AZSIOUX

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I already voted but I will throw Forney out as a dark horse :huh::D

gosh, i sure hope you are right.........he needs to see the ice before this can happen ??? this was the player i really thought who could contribute this year right away but i know injuries came his way so that sucks but still would be nice for him to tally some points this weekend.

back on track, when do chorney and lee take off? gracias

I think your team will do alright. The goaltending is the only question mark and I think it helps that two eligible players who in many ways either acted or were treated above the rest of last year's team won't be back. Based on what I know of the talent across the pond this season, I will be shocked if the Gold doesn't return to North America this year.

I think your team will do alright. The goaltending is the only question mark and I think it helps that two eligible players who in many ways either acted or were treated above the rest of last year's team won't be back. Based on what I know of the talent across the pond this season, I will be shocked if the Gold doesn't return to North America this year.

do you mean USA as canada won the gold last year and they are still part of north america :D

Is that the rationale that many US citizens also use to hate Detroit, a French name. :D

People from towns with French names get around this by refusing to prounounce the name as the French do. I have decades of experience at this. ???

Hey all, just an FYI that tsn.ca is streaming the WJC games live this year. Not sure of the schedule or how much team USA will be shown, but you might be able to catch some games there ???

Just a friendly Oiler fan dropping in to see what you all think of Chorney so far this year in the other threads. Thanks for the info all! :D Glad to hear he's doing well.

BTW - Greene scored his 1st NHL goal last night and it was a beauty. No joke :huh: Thanks so much for him, you guys did an exceptional job. He is just a beast. We love him up here

Highlights of the game and his goal here. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icrcNCJZhg

Canada just listed their final roster and Toews is on it so I hope this suggests that he is going to be fit to play.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?fid=4804

Update: Toews, is one of is teams Assistant Capts, Letang is the Capt.

That was what I had got from the TSN link on the web page too that his injury was minor and pre-cautionary.

geez, i had no idea jordan staal and sid the kid are eligable for this wjt. wow sid, toews and staal on one line :D now that would be fun to watch

sounds like tsn is streaming all games online, or is it just all canada games??

Hey all, just an FYI that tsn.ca is streaming the WJC games live this year. Not sure of the schedule or how much team USA will be shown, but you might be able to catch some games there ;)

Just a friendly Oiler fan dropping in to see what you all think of Chorney so far this year in the other threads. Thanks for the info all! :D Glad to hear he's doing well.

BTW - Greene scored his 1st NHL goal last night and it was a beauty. No joke ;) Thanks so much for him, you guys did an exceptional job. He is just a beast. We love him up here

Highlights of the game and his goal here. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icrcNCJZhg

Did Greene forget he was a defensemen?? :D

For those of you who have not see this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgLmH4PuR-I

Schremp played last year with the boys.

Marty Brodeur would argue this one for goaltenders if it was ever done in an actual game shootout, as the rules say the puck has to constantly be in a forward motion, where here, he took it behind him. "Doc" Emery mentioned this a while back during a Devils game how Marty had questioned a few goals allowed in shootouts because of the forward motion issue.

Marty Brodeur would argue this one for goaltenders if it was ever done in an actual game shootout, as the rules say the puck has to constantly be in a forward motion, where here, he took it behind him. "Doc" Emery mentioned this a while back during a Devils game how Marty had questioned a few goals allowed in shootouts because of the forward motion issue.

I get a fealing the NHL will continue to allow the crazy goals. They are Sportcenter worthy and get people talking about hockey. Who cares about the goalies in overtime. I want to see some great goals!