SiouxSports.com Forum

Scoreboard intros

snooty89

Ok I have looked and looked through the forums and I realize you told him to search so I did as well before I posted this question. All that I found were songs they played before the announcer announced the teams.

So here is my question for you all.

When the Ralph goes all black and they start up on the jumbotron with the Sioux tradition and that crazy bagpipes sounding song is playing and then the Force of the North then it transitions into Sioux highlights, usually with Oshie leveling a guy.

I want to ask you guys if you can tell me the scoreboard intro part 1 and then part 2 with the hightlights. I have them stuck in my head but nowhere to look.

Thanks guys.

I want to know the background music while the video plays on the scoreboard as the intro starts and finishes. The one plays when the normal force of the north intro for the UND college and our history and then it cuts to game clips on the scoreboard and all i'm wondering is the two songs that are playing while the video is on the scoreboard while the arena is black.

All this happens right after the opposing team is announced and before the Sioux starters are announced.

I know this is confusing but I have no other way to explain it.

I wish the people at the Ralph would make the intro videos available for the public. I would love to start my day checking out a sweet video montage of some Fighting Sioux highlights. They could put them on their website, or maybe the UND athletics website. I e-mailed them last year after the regional tournament to ask about making these videos available and they said that it was something they were looking into for the future.

I wish the people at the Ralph would make the intro videos available for the public. I would love to start my day checking out a sweet video montage of some Fighting Sioux highlights. They could put them on their website, or maybe the UND athletics website. I e-mailed them last year after the regional tournament to ask about making these videos available and they said that it was something they were looking into for the future.

It's officially the future. E-mail them again.

I think the people at the ralph over this upcoming break need to take trips around the country to other stadiums and see how it is done, intros, songs, commercial breaks, etc. I can't get over how good the atmosphere is even at a blackhawks game when there is say 6,000 there it seems. They have a way of keeping the crowd engaged with different ideas.

Plus I can't stand a buildup to a starting lineup that is abruptly halted because we have to say whos sponsering it, and how its brought to us by Rydell.

well atleast it just isn't me who gets frustrated with the lackluster opening intros. It is the same old Chicago bulls song after the video. How original is that. I don't mind the scoreboard video thing, but come on the song they play while announcing the starters is just boring.

I wish they would come up with an original song. Like cut about a minute and a half from the Batman Begins song - Molossus or something. I have never seen a sports team use that. This might sound incredibly cheesey, but you could start with a picture of the Ralph with the white lights that shoot into the sky and have a Fighting Sioux logo up in the sky lighted up. I realize that this is probly unrealistic but it would be much cooler than what we have now. If you tied that with the song I listed above I'm sure the fans would like it.

Another idea would have to be a countdown clock. With whatever song you like after the countdown. I used to watch wrestling back in my early teens, now i'm 24 so don't laugh i don't watch anymore. But a countdown like this one on this youtube video would be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pMul97Nu2w

As you can tell this would be my dream job doing this. But let me know what you guys think. Also anyone got a clue to the second part of the intro video right after the Iron Maiden song?

i can't stand that there is two songs, they show that clip which i think is awesome, then suddenly the music stops for the starting line up song. Such a adrenaline killer, stay with one big song all the way through. The difference between NHL and college is that starting lineups are announced before the players come out on the ice. I was thinking that during the AFI song before the players come out they should video of the past and the history of this team. Both videos and pictures, and show a couple fights, including Haks and Eades if there are any videos. Then when the players come out, I always thought Baba O'Reilly was a good song. I'm from Chicago, and the Bulls and Blackhawks always do a computer animation clip of the bulls and blackhawks running through the city past landmarks, and then brings them to the stadium, getting the adrenaline going. I always thought that a computer animation of you could say a "helicopter flight" just above the ground, obcviously moving at a high rate of speed, coming in from the west over hwy 2, show the afb, the airport, come into the city, make a right down columbia, and then another right over the fighting sioux bushes, and then into the stadium, right when the piano comes in on the song. Here you can show clips from the current season and go straight into the starting lineups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLdsCw5px1k

there's a video of the bulls intro

lastly, lose the cheer leaders in the center and use the lasers on the ice like the bulls do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JW0ra4HUF8

Those blackhawk intros are nice. I'm still tryin to figure out what comes after iron maiden on the scoreboard intro. It is something relatively new i think.

I should apply for this job, the Ralph would be getting all new s&!t during the games. I do agree tho that after we score there needs to be something better. I remember listening to the Sioux down in Mankato and they play Olay Olay Olay song after each goal. It was annoying at first, but when I thought about it, how many other teams can u think of with something like that. It's catchy for the home team and annoying as hell for the opposing team and fans.

What they could do is dim the lights and put a spot light on the scorer or something.

Thanks for the Sirius bulls song, but we're trying to figure out part 2 of the song that is playing during the video of sioux highlights right before the Alan Parson Project song is played. It is with like Sioux highlights from the past games.

Thanks for the Sirius bulls song, but we're trying to figure out part 2 of the song that is playing during the video of sioux highlights right before the Alan Parson Project song is played. It is with like Sioux highlights from the past games.

Sorry about that...I didn't even realize there was a transition to a second song after Iron Maiden. Too many pregame beverages I guess.....

I think I have figured out the issue with this year's team.......They need to get back to the GODSMACK led player introductions showing the clips of all seven titles. That will get us back on track.

The Godsmack one will always be my favorite. Maybe REA should pull it out of the closet for this weekend?

Iron Maiden has been my favorite band since I was in junior high though, and it sure was cool to hear Adrian Smith's guitar synthed intro from "Wasted Years" used in the video clip.

if anyone could that is attending the games this weekend try and figure out the song after iron maiden on the scoreboard intro? I would really appreciate it

as long as they dont give me glowsticks to toss on the ice ill try remember! haha joking. where i sit its sort of hard to pick out the song(acoustics) but ill try!