SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Miller

bubble874

I think 14 is one of the keys to the Sioux going deep into the playoffs. By far and away the Sioux's most improved player this year. His confidence has grown and it shows on the ice. Although I think Miller should be with some more skilled players, possibly on the top 2 lines.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller certainly has been a bright spot this year. If I remember after his great showing in the Mankato series Hak said he'd told Miller that he needed to give him a reason to put him in the lineup each week. I.e. he has to prove he deserves to be out there. After Mankato I think Miller was on a top line and after than was moved down. I haven't seen enough games lately but my assumption is that is because Genoway has been so effective as a forward, and maybe Miller's play has not been consistent enough? Again, just a guess on my part.

Completely agree, by far the most underrated player on the team. 3-0 when he scores no coincidence.

I hate to be the downer all the time but, All that just means he scores against bad teams. Look who he has scored 4 goals against Mankato and 1 against quinnipiac. The team is 3-0 when he scores, yea because he scored all his goals agianst awful teams. The games where he has scored the Sioux have 18 goals.

I hate to be the downer all the time but, All that just means he scores against bad teams. Look who he has scored 4 goals against Mankato and 1 against quinnipiac. The team is 3-0 when he scores, yea because he scored all his goals agianst awful teams. The games where he has scored the Sioux have 18 goals.

ok debbie downer...boooooooooooooooooooooooo :glare::huh:

Miller certainly has been a bright spot this year. If I remember after his great showing in the Mankato series Hak said he'd told Miller that he needed to give him a reason to put him in the lineup each week. I.e. he has to prove he deserves to be out there. After Mankato I think Miller was on a top line and after than was moved down. I haven't seen enough games lately but my assumption is that is because Genoway has been so effective as a forward, and maybe Miller's play has not been consistent enough? Again, just a guess on my part.

He only has 3 goals this year, whats so effective about that? Am I the only person on here that actually watchs the games?

I think 14 is one of the keys to the Sioux going deep into the playoffs. By far and away the Sioux's most improved player this year. His confidence has grown and it shows on the ice. Although I think Miller should be with some more skilled players, possibly on the top 2 lines.

Mankato and Quinnipiac don't usaully make the play-offs.

He only has 3 goals this year, whats so effective about that? Am I the only person on here that actually watchs the games?

No but you may be the only person here who has a negative attitude towards every player on the team (or darn close) and has this blind infatuation with a stat sheet.

Oh, and excuse the late addition. You are also one of the few who thinks that a player's stats should only count if they score against teams you feel are good. And a good player scores 90% of his 25 goals in the playoffs.

if you have been watching, genoway has been a hell of a player this year, you dont have to put up HUGE numbers to be good. he is playing with toews and duncan for a reason......and that reason is, oh yeah, that he is not effective.....thats why hak has him on one of the top lines...start watching a little closer or get some lasic surgery to see whats going on :huh:

No but you may be the only person here who has a negative attitude towards every player on the team (or darn close) and has this blind infatuation with a stat sheet.

Oh, and excuse the late addition. You are also one of the few who thinks that a player's stats should only count if they score against teams you feel are good. And a good player scores 90% of his 25 goals in the playoffs.

No I state the non-bias truth. Yea sorry I couldn't care less who scores on Quinnipiac.

To clear something up.

I respect the play of: Radke, Toews, Oshie, Duncan, Porter, Lamaroux, Chorney, Bina, Jones, Zajac, Vande velde.

Little respect for the play of: Finley, Greico, Kozek, Kiap.

Neutral: everyone else I didnt mention.

So oshie sucks, toews sucks. UND SUCKS! you dont have to score goals to be considered a good player, or a dominant player on the ice. hmm. loves to play broom-ball? not hockey.

So oshie sucks, toews sucks. UND SUCKS! you dont have to score goals to be considered a good player, or a dominant player on the ice. hmm. loves to play broom-ball? not hockey.

Don't tell me your that guy that doesn't have a legitimate arguement so he makes fun of my name and doctors my words. Did I say he was bad? No I didn't. Did I say anyone with 3 goals is bad? No I didn't. Did I say you have to score goals to be a good player? No I didn't. Did I say that you have to score goals to be considered a dominant player on the ice? No I didn't. I had a problem with what he said and I backed up what I said with stats. You backed your response up with a bad joke.

If your going to argue what I say do two things. A. actually tell us what you think don't be a peon who starts all his posts with so. and then thinks he is funny by throwing out a brutal joke about someones alias.

B. Actually respond to what I say, If you can't argue what I say don't doctor it just take a few minutes and actually think of something that has alittle to do with what I had said. Also I can't say it enough. No one thinks your funny I don't even think you think your funny just save it and if you can't tell it to your dog and save us.

Don't tell me your that guy that doesn't have a legitimate arguement so he makes fun of my name and doctors my words. Did I say he was bad? No I didn't. Did I say anyone with 3 goals is bad? No I didn't. Did I say you have to score goals to be a good player? No I didn't. Did I say that you have to score goals to be considered a dominant player on the ice? No I didn't. I had a problem with what he said and I backed up what I said with stats. You backed your response up with a bad joke.

If your going to argue what I say do two things. A. actually tell us what you think don't be a peon who starts all his posts with so. and then thinks he is funny by throwing out a brutal joke about someones alias.

B. Actually respond to what I say, If you can't argue what I say don't doctor it just take a few minutes and actually think of something that has alittle to do with what I had said. Also I can't say it enough. No one thinks your funny I don't even think you think your funny just save it and if you can't tell it to your dog and save us.

easy :huh: ....After reading back on your posts for the third time, I haven't seen really any 'legitimate arguement either on your behalf :D You basically mention that hes only scored 3 goals, all against 'awful' teams right? All I mean is he could have zero goals and be one of the most dominate players on the ice, and he is up there in my opinion, or at least making a great name for himself as many others agree? So sorry I guess I didn't put it in english the first time :glare: its late!

Ok Lives-to-play-hockey-06 here are some stats for you -

## Name GP G A Pts Shots Pct +/-

9 Jonathan Toews 11 4 8 12 33 .121 +4

7 T.J. Oshie 14 3 8 11 37 .081 -2

14 Brad Miller 12 5 5 10 27 .185 +2

5 Chay Genoway 14 3 5 8 23 .130 +2

26 Kyle Radke 14 1 2 3 16 .062 -4

2 Joe Finley 12 0 1 1 13 .000 +5

|---GOAL AVERAGE---| |--SAVES--| |----RECORD----| |-----GOALS------|

## Name GP-GS Minutes GA Avg Saves Pct W L T Sho PP SH EN PEN SOG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 Aaron Walski 1-0 35:47 1 1.68 11 .917 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0

1 Philippe Lamoureux 8-8 475:41 21 2.65 173 .892 4 4 0 0 8 0 0 0 0

31 Anthony Grieco 6-5 325:52 20 3.68 146 .880 3 2 1 0 8 1 0 0 0

TM EMPTY NET 7-0 9:10 1 - 0 .000 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0

I've been to every home game this year and watched or listened to all the rest. Have they always played great - NO - there has been some obnoxiously BAD play at times. Do they play the way I want them to? - NO - I like to see really tight defense - lots of hitting and blocked shots. Do certain players drive me up a wall? - You betcha - it is like nails on a chalkboard for me to watch Brian Lee (I'm not going to get in a flaming match on whether or not Brian Lee is good or not - he just doesn't play my type of game). The point of all this is that not everything can be decifered from a stat sheet. Also, sometimes a player doesn't play "your type" of game so they automatically rub you the wrong way.

I've been going to hockey games for a LONG time and I've learned over the years that not every player is going to play the way I want them to, but that doesn't mean they are bad. :huh:

Ok Lives-to-play-hockey-06 here are some stats for you -

## Name GP G A Pts Shots Pct +/-

9 Jonathan Toews 11 4 8 12 33 .121 +4

7 T.J. Oshie 14 3 8 11 37 .081 -2

14 Brad Miller 12 5 5 10 27 .185 +2

5 Chay Genoway 14 3 5 8 23 .130 +2

26 Kyle Radke 14 1 2 3 16 .062 -4

2 Joe Finley 12 0 1 1 13 .000 +5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been to every home game this year and watched or listened to all the rest. Have they always played great - NO - there has been some obnoxiously BAD play at times. Do they play the way I want them to? - NO - I like to see really tight defense - lots of hitting and blocked shots. Do certain players drive me up a wall? - You betcha - it is like nails on a chalkboard for me to watch Brian Lee (I'm not going to get in a flaming match on whether or not Brian Lee is good or not - he just doesn't play my type of game). The point of all this is that not everything can be decifered from a stat sheet. Also, sometimes a player doesn't play "your type" of game so they automatically rub you the wrong way.

I've been going to hockey games for a LONG time and I've learned over the years that not every player is going to play the way I want them to, but that doesn't mean they are bad. :huh:

Thanks for the stats now I don't have to look them up.

I wish I post how many turnovers Finley has so we could end this debate right now.

Thanks for the stats now I don't have to look them up.

I wish I post how many turnovers Finley has so we could end this debate right now.

:glare::D i thought you watch every game, if so you should know how many turnovers big joe has ;) its not like joe is a senior and is still making mistakes. i agree he shouldnt be turning the puck over as he has ben playing every night for a year and a third but lets not give up on him either..joe will be fine

You still don't get it. :huh:

Oshie has a -2, Miller has a +2 - does that mean if I had a choice between playing the two of them I'ld pick Miller? No, of course not. Miller is having a good year and has improved imensely from last year, but Oshie brings many more intagibles to the game that can't be quantified. The same thing with Radke and Finley. Overall Radke is playing very well and Joe is going through some inconsistant play. I do however, remember last year during the second half of the season that Finley was very steady and reliable and I believe he has the capability of doing that again this year. He has to be doing something right to be a +5 (highest on the team) and I, for one, am just not ready to write him off. More importantly, Hak isn't ready to write him off and ultimately, his is the only opinion that matters.

:huh::glare: i thought you watch every game, if so you should know how many turnovers big joe has :D its not like joe is a senior and is still making mistakes. i agree he shouldnt be turning the puck over as he has ben playing every night for a year and a third but lets not give up on him either..joe will be fine

Fine no more ripping finley, but if he gets walked as many times as I know he will against the Gophs It is open season.

If the Sioux are to make a run this year, guys like Miller, Kozek, Kaip, etc... are going to have to step-up and produce. If our def. plays like it did in Alaska and the first game last weekend, the team will go nowhere. Conversely, if the def. plays like it did last Saturday we have a chance. The last two seasons were very similar to the start of this year and by the end of those years all 4 lines came together. I just don't know if they have the horses to do it again. let's see what happens.

Fine no more ripping finley, but if he gets walked as many times as I know he will against the Gophs It is open season.

THIS I'd have to see. I don't think you could go ONE WEEK without ripping, or inferring disrespect, on a Sioux player. I simply don't think it is possible. Since we're playing an exhibition game this weekend, the week I bet you can't survive is next week when we play UW. They're slumping sufficiently so that their PWR is ranked around that of UMD's. We'll see what happens, no? Or maybe you can one-up me by being positive for two weeks! Doubt it, but I'd like to see it.

Ok, so I haven't seen a post where you haven't done it yet, maybe you are capable, but you choose not to and then label it 'un-biased truth.'

More like 'biased opinion' to me.

I think it would KILL you to admit that, other than turnovers, Finley actually has played well. He's got an excellent +/- rating considering how UND has played over the stretch. Both Lammy and Grieco have similar save% over the season and, yes, I'd say Phil is the better goaltender right now, I've never thrown him under the bus.

"Neutral everyone else" I see that there isn't a single capable player on this team. And you say we've never watched games?

Maybe you aren't meaning what we are interpretting your posts to mean. If that's the case then perhaps you need to reevaluate your writing style and reread everything you post so to make changes to help us "interpret" the posts the way you mean them to be interpretted.