SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

X2theZ, I agree with most of what you have said with the exception of the WF-Wahp split. West Fargo may not have many explosive forwards but they generally work hard enough and play well enough in the defensive zone to hang around. I mean a week or so ago they played DL very evenly it looked like and only lost 2-0. I also would place North and GPR ahead of Central, I watched GFC play and they didn't look like a state contender (although it was the first game of the year). They seemed very inexperienced and didn't seem to have a lot of scoring punch, hell they were tied with my Deacons for a period. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like North picked up another impressive win tonight 3-1 over Central at Purpur. Spartans are 4-0, these guys remind me a lot of West Fargo last year. Any word on Red River-Jamestown?

Also Devils Lake hosts Grafton tomorrow in a huge EDC game, it's contender or pretender time for the Firebirds. I like Grafton 5-3, any other predictions?

Sounds like North picked up another impressive win tonight 3-1 over Central at Purpur. Spartans are 4-0, these guys remind me a lot of West Fargo last year. Any word on Red River-Jamestown?

Also Devils Lake hosts Grafton tomorrow in a huge EDC game, it's contender or pretender time for the Firebirds. I like Grafton 5-3, any other predictions?

I'm hoping for Devils Lake. 6-4

I just got word that Red River had another dominating victory defeating Jamestown 6-1. Sophomore Russel Crary netted three goals and added an assist to increase his season point total to 15 in just 4 games. Granted the competition hasnt been good, but still not a bad way to start your high school career.

On a different note, I also recieved word that Grand Forks Centrals Alex Simonson quit the team a couple days ago. I do not know details on the situation, so if anybody else knows more please share with the rest of us.

I just got word that Red River had another dominating victory defeating Jamestown 6-1. Sophomore Russel Crary netted three goals and added an assist to increase his season point total to 15 in just 4 games. Granted the competition hasnt been good, but still not a bad way to start your high school career.

On a different note, I also recieved word that Grand Forks Centrals Alex Simonson quit the team a couple days ago. I do not know details on the situation, so if anybody else knows more please share with the rest of us.

If it's true, Alex Simonson quitting is a big shocker. Not as big of shocker as Fargo North being 4-0 right now. Quick question- is North really that good... or is the state just that bad? Right now I'm just going to roll with North is playing well and give South only a slight edge over them with a 3-1 win with an empty netter (with 41 seconds left to play haha). Had North not started this way I might have said South by 6 or 7. But North is hot right now so I think they could keep it close. I guess we'll see.

If it's true, Alex Simonson quitting is a big shocker. Not as big of shocker as Fargo North being 4-0 right now. Quick question- is North really that good... or is the state just that bad? Right now I'm just going to roll with North is playing well and give South only a slight edge over them with a 3-1 win with an empty netter (with 41 seconds left to play haha). Had North not started this way I might have said South by 6 or 7. But North is hot right now so I think they could keep it close. I guess we'll see.

Does anyone know who received game misconducts for Central tonight?

I believe Jared Stadstad was ejected, i do not know who else....Jamestown was bad as expected, Enderle(sp) played well. The people keeping shots were terrible, Enderle had many more saves than they gave him. Russle Crary is something else, a lot like Ryan Duncan. Also, Jarret Galbreath had a nice coast to coast goal and Eric Meland continues to impress.

Jared Stadstad got a game misconduct and Brandon Moody got a game DQ, for what, I'm not sure.

It was a very frustrating game. I haven't quite figured out how the refs are calling games yet. They would let blatant elbows to the head go (I thought Danny Ray was done for sure after the elbow he got) but call lesser non-threatning penalties that just ruin the flow of the game. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a Central fan, I'm seeing this for the opponent also.

Jared Stadstad got a game misconduct and Brandon Moody got a game DQ, for what, I'm not sure.

It was a very frustrating game. I haven't quite figured out how the refs are calling games yet. They would let blatant elbows to the head go (I thought Danny Ray was done for sure after the elbow he got) but call lesser non-threatning penalties that just ruin the flow of the game. And I'm not just saying this because I'm a Central fan, I'm seeing this for the opponent also.

what did stadstad got a misconduct for?

I was at the North/Central game last night.... And the conclusion I've come to is that ALL refs are just RETARDED!!! There were so many fricken penalties, and the refs just kept blowing the whistle, I felt like I was watching a football game on ice!! The refs were calling the littlest things too, while letting the obvious ones slip away!! Seriously, read a rulebook guys!

Anyways, to the guy who asked if North was good or the state was bad.... It's the beginning of the season dude, let the teams play some games before judging who's good or bad. Just saying. It's only been like 4 games or somethin like that. Let's worry in like January after watching the teams...

But yeah in conclusion to the North/Central game last night..... Central was taking way too many penalties, both teams were taking dumb penalties, both teams were pulling dumb moves, the parents and fans get way too into the game, and refs are stupid... And 2 of the Central guys got kicked out, and their coaches don't really pay attention to anything. My brother like hurt the Central goalie and you could clearly see he was in pain, and the coaches didn't even notice anything till the refs stopped the game to ask if he was ok... And after the Central guys got kicked out, the coaches looked really confused so one of them finally went after them lol

Oh yeah, some of the Central students went and stood behind North's bench and the penalty box is right next to it, and the announcer says "Security guard to the penalty box please" and those guys ran like pansies to get away from there. Dude, the Purpur doesn't even have security guards haha! And some kid yelled "We want Shepherd!" Thought that was pretty funny too!! Oh and did anyone know that Lee Marvin is one of the coaches for Central?? And some guy who looked like Chris Porter was driving the zamboni lol

OK, end rant..... GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!! SWEEP THE BADGERS!!

I was at the North/Central game last night.... And the conclusion I've come to is that ALL refs are just RETARDED!!! There were so many fricken penalties, and the refs just kept blowing the whistle, I felt like I was watching a football game on ice!! The refs were calling the littlest things too, while letting the obvious ones slip away!! Seriously, read a rulebook guys!

Anyways, to the guy who asked if North was good or the state was bad.... It's the beginning of the season dude, let the teams play some games before judging who's good or bad. Just saying. It's only been like 4 games or somethin like that. Let's worry in like January after watching the teams...

But yeah in conclusion to the North/Central game last night..... Central was taking way too many penalties, both teams were taking dumb penalties, both teams were pulling dumb moves, the parents and fans get way too into the game, and refs are stupid... And 2 of the Central guys got kicked out, and their coaches don't really pay attention to anything. My brother like hurt the Central goalie and you could clearly see he was in pain, and the coaches didn't even notice anything till the refs stopped the game to ask if he was ok... And after the Central guys got kicked out, the coaches looked really confused so one of them finally went after them lol

Oh yeah, some of the Central students went and stood behind North's bench and the penalty box is right next to it, and the announcer says "Security guard to the penalty box please" and those guys ran like pansies to get away from there. Dude, the Purpur doesn't even have security guards haha! And some kid yelled "We want Shepherd!" Thought that was pretty funny too!! Oh and did anyone know that Lee Marvin is one of the coaches for Central?? And some guy who looked like Chris Porter was driving the zamboni lol

The refs are retarded for doing what they are told to do? Do you think they made the rules?

The refs are retarded for doing what they are told to do? Do you think they made the rules?

Of course not, but they should at least read the rulebook every once in a while, and maybe pay closer attention to some of the more obvious penalties.... instead of blowing their damn whistle every 10 seconds to call something that is really irrelevant and just disrupts the flow of the game... :angry:

Why are you getting all offensive anyways? Are you a ref or something? Get over it dude, I ranted, and I got over it...

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!! Go Spartans!

Of course not, but they should at least read the rulebook every once in a while, and maybe pay closer attention to some of the more obvious penalties.... instead of blowing their damn whistle every 10 seconds to call something that is really irrelevant and just disrupts the flow of the game... :angry:

Why are you getting all offensive anyways? Are you a ref or something? Get over it dude, I ranted, and I got over it...

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!! Go Spartans!

Don't you know,this guy and lives-to-play are experts on absolutey everything, just ask them.

North vs. GFC recap:

North won the game 3-1 with goals coming from Bekkedahl, LaBounty, and Kost. This game was very chippy, scrappy, messy, you name it. There were multiple penalties after the whistle and a lot of unintelligent penalties from a few GFC boys. The first period was definately the best period of this event. To me it looked like North started off rollin pretty good in the first period. The Bombenger, Klein, Bekkedahl line looked very solid and provided multiple scoring oppourtunities for the Spartans. The game seemed to completely drop off the table after the first period. Both teams seemed to lose intensity and both teams started to play considerably worse than the first period. North had a long 5 on 3 and 5 on 4 at the end of the second period and Central killed both of them off. North's powerplay definately did not have its best night. On their powerplay it seemed like everyone was trying to rush passes, shots and so on. Ness played very well. He made big saves when he needed to and helped Central stay in the game. North could have ran the score up maybe a few more goals if they would have finished on their chances. Central got quite a few penalties after the whistle and initiated a few scrums after the whistles. Central looked very undiscipline and that could possibly because of a lack of some leadership because, from what I have heard, Alex Simonson quit the team. Overall, it was another nice win for North, especially in Grand Forks. If North had buried more of their chances we would have seem a little more gap between the teams in scoring, but a good goaltender in Ness helped control that. North plays South on Saturday. Both teams are undefeated and I hope the North South rivalry is much better than last year.

On another note, GPR and DL play tonight. With all the DL talk I am very curious to see how they do against one of the better teams in the East. I like Grafton in this game with a score of 5-2. Grafton has too much scoring power.

Hey dude, thanks for all the like good information but maybe next time if you could like leave out a few "likes," it would be easier to read.

Ok, end of rant...thanks dude

North vs. GFC recap:

North won the game 3-1 with goals coming from Bekkedahl, LaBounty, and Kost. This game was very chippy, scrappy, messy, you name it. There were multiple penalties after the whistle and a lot of unintelligent penalties from a few GFC boys. The first period was definately the best period of this event. To me it looked like North started off rollin pretty good in the first period. The Bombenger, Klein, Bekkedahl line looked very solid and provided multiple scoring oppourtunities for the Spartans. The game seemed to completely drop off the table after the first period. Both teams seemed to lose intensity and both teams started to play considerably worse than the first period. North had a long 5 on 3 and 5 on 4 at the end of the second period and Central killed both of them off. North's powerplay definately did not have its best night. On their powerplay it seemed like everyone was trying to rush passes, shots and so on. Ness played very well. He made big saves when he needed to and helped Central stay in the game. North could have ran the score up maybe a few more goals if they would have finished on their chances. Central got quite a few penalties after the whistle and initiated a few scrums after the whistles. Central looked very undiscipline and that could possibly because of a lack of some leadership because, from what I have heard, Alex Simonson quit the team. Overall, it was another nice win for North, especially in Grand Forks. If North had buried more of their chances we would have seem a little more gap between the teams in scoring, but a good goaltender in Ness helped control that. North plays South on Saturday. Both teams are undefeated and I hope the North South rivalry is much better than last year.

On another note, GPR and DL play tonight. With all the DL talk I am very curious to see how they do against one of the better teams in the East. I like Grafton in this game with a score of 5-2. Grafton has too much scoring power.

DL over G-town 11-9

I'm not exactly sure what Jared Stadstad got kicked out for, but I know he got a 2 minutes penalty and then I think he said something to the ref (that's all it takes in high school to get kicked out). And then the North kid said something and Jared went after him. The north kid skated away like a pansie. Smart move on his part. Jared, unfortunately, has a lot of pent up frustration. Unless you have been living in a cave for the past 3 years, you know why. If you have been living in a cave, google Jason Stadstad and you will know why.

Alex Simonson has nothing to do with Central having a bad start. Alex was doing nothing himself. He was not a leader on that team and he showed that by walking off.