SiouxSports.com Forum

Sad day for Bison

iramurphy

I received word tonight that Craig Fredrickson, former all state FB player and state champion hurdler from Detroit Lakes and former Bison running back and All American track athlete at NDSU died suddenly today in Fargo. He was only 29 years old and apparently died of a massive heart attack from what I was told. He and his wife have a little girl and an infant daughter. Please remember Craig and his family in your prayers. Craigs father Jim was an excellent HS athlete at Carrington, N.Dak. and later Valley City State.

I received word tonight that Craig Fredrickson, former all state FB player and state champion hurdler from Detroit Lakes and former Bison running back and All American track athlete at NDSU died suddenly today in Fargo. He was only 29 years old and apparently died of a massive heart attack from what I was told. He and his wife have a little girl and an infant daughter. Please remember Craig and his family in your prayers. Craigs father Jim was an excellent HS athlete at Carrington, N.Dak. and later Valley City State.

Craig was hospitalized in Fargo for pancreatitis and apparently his kidneys and possibly liver started to fail so they were putting in a shunt to prepare him for dialysis and he had a cardiac arrest and couldn't be resuscitated. He leaves his wife Leslie and 2 daughters ages 3yrs and 7 weeks.

He was one of the best high school athletes I have seen and a great guy. I would expect him to be a future Bison athletic hall of famer. He was a multiple year All-American for Bison track in the decathalon. He also played FB for the Bison for 2 or 3 years. He started as a running back for the Bison before they started playing Lamar Gordon and then he quit FB to concentrate on track. The funeral will be Monday afternoon at 1:30 P.M.