SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Purdue

bincitysioux

Purdue 92

UND 60

Final Score

Sioux beat themselves. They'd have lost to a high-school team with that many turnovers :lol:

I'm not sure a high school team would've managed to force the same number of turnovers (that is, a vastly superior team can affect the turnover ratio). From the articles, it sounded like we were going to treat this as a real exhibition game, testing all the players instead of necessarily playing our best game. It would have been nice to do better, but I wouldn't be too worried about losing to Purdue.

Thanks for the updates!

O.K. maybe not a high-school team, but 10 of the 31 turnovers were either travelling calls or carrying the ball. Not good. I am not worried about losing to Purdue, just was hoping for a little better showing. :lol:
Hmmm.... not much excuse for the travelling, thanks for the insight. I didn't hear any of the game, so as I said, I did appreciate the updates.

Saw the highlights of this game on DAZ. Noticed we were wearing our road greens with "North Dakota" on the front, no "Sioux". I'm not liking this one bit...

But, according to Leigh Jeanotte, director of American Indian Student Services at UND, "It is inherently wrong to use a race of people to represent athletics."

So why is using "Dakota" to represent athletics any better than using "Sioux" to represent athletics?

But, according to Leigh Jeanotte, director of American Indian Student Services at UND, "It is inherently wrong to use a race of people to represent athletics."

So why is using "Dakota" to represent athletics any better than using "Sioux" to represent athletics?

Maybe we just have to put "Force of the North" on the jerseys and hope we don't offend Canadians or Siberians. ;)