SiouxSports.com Forum

Keep shaking the lines up!?

hockeydog

16 goals in our first 6 games, and 13 in the last 2 games!!!.......keep the scoring coming!!

i would also say it has a lot to do that we faced 2 of the top goalies in the entire nation in bishop and elliot the last 2 weeks. good to get goals though but way different competition.

It sounded like they showed alot of character this weekend - Not letting some bad play / moments get to them as a team & not letting them really get a lead - Sounded pretty determined play everytime they came back

The goophers looked good too - (or was cc just bad ?)

It sounded like they showed alot of character this weekend - Not letting some bad play / moments get to them as a team & not letting them really get a lead - Sounded pretty determined play everytime they came back

The goophers looked good too - (or was cc just bad ?)

CC has some problems. I think this year will be an off year for them.

The Gophers are doing very well. Their powerplay is once again deadly. I think their overwhelming strength is in their passing game. They do that VERY well. OFfensively, though, they are built a lot like the Sioux, with most of their dynamic scorers being sophomores or freshmen. Hirsch is playing well, but I still think he's a wildcard. They'll be VERY tough for the Sioux. In fact, with the way our 2nd periods have been going and our discipline as well, right now I wouldn't like our chances against them. Who knows about where we'll be when we actually play them though. I do know that Hakstol's forte is the second half of the season.

But again, Vandevelde got ice time and AGAIN his play improved. I really think the more this kid plays the better he'll get. Zajac has cooled a little after UW, but he's playing well. Genoway is by far better than I expected him to be. Forney's early season report card is still out as this weekend only marked the 2nd and 3rd games he played and has played very limited amount of time in the first two. In his first game with decent ice time he did get an assist on the PP. Bishop.... well, early on I thought this kid was an opposition's headache. He's still a VERY hard worker and very fast, but I am wondering if he may be the odd man out being how well Miller and Martens have played as of late. I hope Hak continues the rotation because I really don't want to lose some of these guys.

The Gophers are doing very well. Their powerplay is once again deadly. I think their overwhelming strength is in their passing game. They do that VERY well. OFfensively, though, they are built a lot like the Sioux, with most of their dynamic scorers being sophomores or freshmen. Hirsch is playing well, but I still think he's a wildcard. They'll be VERY tough for the Sioux.

One positive they still have Briggs in net. ;)