SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers in Sconnie

AZSIOUX

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "choking" is when you play way below your capability in the big pressure games. For example, the Gophers clearly choked last year versus Holy Cross. It's not fair to Parise to only call him out. In my opinion the entire Sioux defense and Parise choked last year against BC because they played WAY BELOW their capability in the biggest game of the year.

Dagies, birds are up 37%. Your birds will cleaned and package with plenty of time to spare to make the game. If you're from Mn, then I haven't seen a bird all summer.

Who's going to shoot 'em for me? :D

Yes, I'm from MN. Our cost/hunting hour is lower here.

I think "choking" is when you play way below your capability in the big pressure games. For example, the Gophers clearly choked last year versus Holy Cross. It's not fair to Parise to only call him out. In my opinion the entire Sioux defense and Parise choked last year against BC because they played WAY BELOW their capability in the biggest game of the year.

unfortunately your right, and some of the fundamentals...like bad line changes, which did not help parise in net either...that was a sad game

I'm a game time decision. It's pheasant opener.

Dagies, birds are up 37%. Your birds will cleaned and packaged with plenty of time to spare to make the game. If you're from Mn, then I haven't seen a bird all summer.

I still stand by my "choke" agreement. Either that or BC was a better team which I can't agree with.

Pheasants are up 37% this season, that bodes well for the Pheasnt opener this weekend.

Sharpies are up too, I have seen a ton of them this season. Good luck getting a shot at one of them though.

Edited by Goon

You are right and I stand corrected. The whole team contributed to the choking with no one to deliver a proper Heimlich maneuver when we needed it most.

Get ready to see a bunch of UW knobs "protesting" the Sloux nickname/logo. The Peoples Republic of Univeristy of Wisconsin is a dangerous place.

American Indian Services is a 50-year old organization that exists to provide scholarships for native americans. I'm part Chippewa and a UND alum and am proud to be a contibutor to AIS. The following link provides a list of colleges and universities which accept AIS scholarships. Guess which university does not accept them? So much for being one of NCAA's "model universities."

http://www.americanindianservices.org/stud...choollists.html

(I don't see St. Cloud State on this list either.)

American Indian Services is a 50-year old organization that exists to provide scholarships for native americans. I'm part Chippewa and a UND alum and am proud to be a contibutor to AIS. The following link provides a list of colleges and universities which accept AIS scholarships. Guess which university does not accept them? So much for being one of NCAA's "model universities."

http://www.americanindianservices.org/stud...choollists.html

(I don't see St. Cloud State on this list either.)

Yeah seems to appear that SCSU and Wisconsin aren't on the list.

It has about as much relevance as the "racist mascot" chant so popular with Badger fans.

College hockey student sections in general are notorious for somewhat vulgar chants, etc. Cheer up, enjoy the games, and if a bunch of drunk 18-20 yeard 'kids' upset you, you really need to get a life.

College hockey student sections in general are notorious for somewhat vulgar chants, etc. Cheer up, enjoy the games, and if a bunch of drunk 18-20 yeard 'kids' upset you, you really need to get a life.

We can take a shot your way any time we want on our board. If your university wants to be hypocritically holier than thou, be prepared to get some back. It happens to be a sensitive time around here.

Cheer up, enjoy the games, and if a bunch of drunk 18-20 yeard 'kids' upset you, you really need to get a life.

It doesn't upset me. You asked for relevance. I told you how it was relevant to one of the NCAA's "model insititutions." I'm sorry if that upset you.

We can take a shot your way any time we want on our board. If your university wants to be hypocritically holier than thou, be prepared to get some back. It happens to be a sensitive time around here.

Ding, Ding, Ding... That about sums it up. I think many are sitting here on the edge of our seats wondering what is going to happen next, with the law suit. I know there are many here are emotionally attached to the name and to our school, and forgive us for being a little touchy right now.

Heck Sioux hockey, ducktober, deervember, 2 weeks of summer and snow is about all we have to look forward to in ND. I mean seriously its easy to be at another school and come here and say something to the effect of relax its just a name. Is it? What if the NCAA came into Madison and said that Badgers were deem hostile and abusive to rodents.