SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs QUINNIPIAC

AZSIOUX

There's so many variables we're almost sure to be wrong.

I'd put Kozek on the line with Oshie instead of Bishop. A little more age, a little more scoring.

I'd put Porter, Bishop and Fabian on one line to give you a solid 3rd line that can score.

Expect Watkins to step up to one of the first two lines if someone's not 100%.

I wouldn't be surprised to so Vandevelde get a shot, but he's got to step up from the Minitoba game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all the babble on this forum topic, lets get back to game and line predictions

After watching Bishop - who I think will be a huge surprise this year - in terms of production - I see him line up with Towes or Oshie's line

Duncun Toews Vandevelde

Oshie Zajac Bishop

Kaip Porter Forney - Could get sub. by Miller or Martens

Kozak Watkins Fabian

Miller Martens

Foyt gets to play some more defense with Jones and Finley on the ritz

Could be some real fast break hockey unless Hak practiced the team into the ground in 4 days! Sioux sweep

This is always hard this time of year. Prior to the start of the year you can make up your line combos based on the reputation of the recruits. Later in the year when you've seen them play you have more info to go on. Right now you have comments that you read from credible to less than credible sources on how good a player is looking, which rookies are surprising to this point, etc. And you only read things and don't have context for most of what you read. So it can get very dangerous.

Just on the little bit of the game I saw last weekend, and what I've read so far from posters or from notes on the coaches show, I'll go with the following:

Duncan - Toews - Kozek (I don't think the experiment to put both Oshie and Toews on the same line worked last weekend. 2nd line didn't threaten too much it seemed to me. Here we have a mix of scoring touch, puck control, and a bit of physical play)

Porter - Oshie - Miller (Another nice mix of physical play and effort, and some finesse with Miller)

Fabian - Kaip - Bishop (A shutdown line that is smart, plays hard, with an element of speed)

VandeVelde - Watkins - Zajac (Watkins provides the experience on this line in bringing along a couple of newbies. Coach said he's a strong player with a good defensive side. This line brings speed in the middle and size and grit, and potential to score some, and hopefully not a liability on the ice)

Martens - Forney (I'm predicting we don't have clear line-up favorites, so Saturday I suggest that Forney replaces VandeVelde, and Martens replaces either Zajac or Bishop in the lineup. As for where everybody plays, well......)

On Defense:

Lee - Chorney

Genoway - Radke

Bina - Foyt

I agree. Toews-Oshie-Duncan need to be broken up but Toews and Duncan need to stay together. They work really well together. I think TJ will soon miss Travis Z and Rastilov. Who steps up to take their place will have a lot of influence on TJ's production. I like Kozek and Fabian.

Miller defintiely has great hands and good overall skills but can't seem to finish. A little Oshie-like bull in a china shop is what he needs.

Vandy seemed really slow and somewhat tentative but in time I think he'll adjust to the speed of the game.

I can't wait to see Forney play but if he's dinged up, I hope he doesn't push it. Look what a bad shoulder did for Hagemo's carrer. Maybe we'll see him Saturday night.

I agree. Toews-Oshie-Duncan need to be broken up but Toews and Duncan need to stay together. They work really well together. I think TJ will soon miss Travis Z and Rastilov. Who steps up to take their place will have a lot of influence on TJ's production. I like Kozek and Fabian.

Miller defintiely has great hands and good overall skills but can't seem to finish. A little Oshie-like bull in a china shop is what he needs.

Vandy seemed really slow and somewhat tentative but in time I think he'll adjust to the speed of the game.

I can't wait to see Forney play but if he's dinged up, I hope he doesn't push it. Look what a bad shoulder did for Hagemo's carrer. Maybe we'll see him Saturday night.

As someone previously posted (and backed it up with stats) I think Zajac and Sparky benifited as much from playing with TJ as he did from them. That being said, I would like to see Kozek with TJ and someone else (don't quite know who), and Porter with Toews and Duncan.

I know many of you still see Lee as .....well Good ? - Will he have a break out year like others ? this yr ? Next ? Senior yr ? If he does he will be gone to the Pros - But I' don't see him in the pros until he does :glare: I say this in GREAT HOPES a light comes ON & his confidence catches up to his skill/potential ASAP