SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Winona game thread

sprig

Well yeah, but still. You had your chance to taunt him but instead you took the wait and see attitude.

That's because at this moment, warrior_08 is, unfortunately, correct. (It's the blind squirrel and nut principle in action.) Unless something happens legally that prevents the NCAA from enforcing its policy, UND won't be able to host any home playoff games.

Am I hopeful that will change? Yes. But until UND files something in court, all any of us can do is hope.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because at this moment, warrior_08 is, unfortunately, correct. (It's the blind squirrel and nut principle in action.) Unless something happens legally that prevents the NCAA from enforcing its policy, UND won't be able to host any home playoff games.

Am I hopeful that will change? Yes. But until UND files something in court, all any of us can do is hope.

PCM or maybe one of the lawyers on the board can clarify this, but since we are going to sue the NCAA wouldn't that get us an injuction against the NCAA, hence, making the ruling null and void until our law suit is over? Or this is what I have read somewhere else.

PCM or maybe one of the lawyers on the board can clarify this, but since we are going to sue the NCAA wouldn't that get us an injuction against the NCAA, hence, making the ruling null and void until our law suit is over? Or this is what I have read somewhere else.

As I understand it, to get an injunction, UND first must convince a judge that it has a strong case against the NCAA. The injunction isn't issued simply because UND sues.

That makes sense. Lets hope we can get an injuction.

I believe the key is to prove the NCAA did not follow their own policies and take it to a member vote or something like that. An attorney close to the situation stated that is our best case to get this overturned and not to hold our breath.

I believe the key is to prove the NCAA did not follow their own policies and take it to a member vote or something like that. An attorney close to the situation stated that is our best case to get this overturned and not to hold our breath.

Well lets just say, I am no lawyer but it would appear that the ncaa wasn't even consistant in their enforcing the policy since they have not held all the schools to the same set of rules. The NCAA has been inconsistant at best.