SiouxSports.com Forum

USA JUNIOR EVALUATION CAMP

AZSIOUX

any updates here would be great on the camp..........

http://www.usahockey.com/international/mai...6_jr_eval_home/

august 8, 2006

kessel scores 2 goals for team blue in 4-2 win over finland.

team white shuts out sweden 3-0....no stats available yet

jack johnson, erik johnson, lee and chorney are locks so that leaves 3 d spots open, wonder if zach "dont f with me" jones has a shot...a lot of talent there

jack johnson, erik johnson, lee and chorney are locks so that leaves 3 d spots open, wonder if zach "dont f with me" jones has a shot...a lot of talent there

Jones should have been on the team when the tournament was here instead of Lee. Just like Lee, he wouldn't have played hardly at all. But when Ovechkin was doing all that showboating, Jonesy could've went out there to go ape$h^t on him. :blush:

any updates here would be great on the camp..........

http://www.usahockey.com/international/mai...6_jr_eval_home/

august 8, 2006

kessel scores 2 goals for team blue in 4-2 win over finland.

team white shuts out sweden 3-0....no stats available yet

I call B.S.

Everyone knows that Oshie stole a Kessel jersey before the game and scored those 2 goals. At that same time Kessel was at Blarney's (not back checking) while the USA coaches tried to figure out how to make T.J. eligible for the upcoming tourney and find an excuse for leaving Phil off the team. :blush:

I call B.S.

Everyone knows that Oshie stole a Kessel jersey before the game and scored those 2 goals. At that same time Kessel was at Blarney's (not back checking) while the USA coaches tried to figure out how to make T.J. eligible for the upcoming tourney and find an excuse for leaving Phil off the team. :blush:

You know what, I'll just say it to make you happy. Phil Kessel sucks. He is an overrated prima donna. All he can do is skate. He has no defensive awareness. He is a very ugly person. He is an alcoholic. He shouldn't have even been drafted. Oh yeah did I mention he's ugly?

You know what, I'll just say it to make you happy. Phil Kessel sucks. He is an overrated prima donna. All he can do is skate. He has no defensive awareness. He is a very ugly person. He is an alcoholic. He shouldn't have even been drafted. Oh yeah did I mention he's ugly?

:blush: What you said, but might I add he's ugly. :huh:

:lol: What you said, but might I add he's ugly. :D

You forgot that he still has that one move :blush: but I can't call him that anymore. Due to his handling of both the draft and subsequent contract negotations he has managed to annoy numerous Bruins Bloggers and they have now dubbed him "Phil the Krill".

I call B.S.

Although soh's logic is somewhat skewed here, I have to agree on one thing. What coach in their right mind wouldn't try to make room for a player like TJ on their team, any possible way it could be done.

I call B.S.

Everyone knows that Oshie stole a Kessel jersey before the game and scored those 2 goals. At that same time Kessel was at Blarney's (not back checking) while the USA coaches tried to figure out how to make T.J. eligible for the upcoming tourney and find an excuse for leaving Phil off the team. :love:

although humorous, THANKS FOR RUINING MY THREAD.....lets try our best to keep this on topic.. :lol:

august 9th recap...........

On the second day of game action, Team USA White opened up a 7-2 lead vs. Finland in the early game and held on for an 8-5 win, while Team USA Blue played much of its game tied, 2-2, with Sweden before scoring two third-period goals to remain undefeated.

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/m..._06eval_080906/

forney had 1 goal for usa white in a 8-5 win over finland

jones 3 penalties and chorney 1 penalty in 4-2 usa blue win over sweden

Does anyone know if the Fins and Swedes send their best players over during these summer tryouts?

The teams feature most of their best players who have only played junior hockey. Like the Russians with Malkin at the most recent WJC, some of the elite players are already playing in Pro leagues throughout Europe and will join their respective national team for the tournament.

august 9th recap...........

On the second day of game action, Team USA White opened up a 7-2 lead vs. Finland in the early game and held on for an 8-5 win, while Team USA Blue played much of its game tied, 2-2, with Sweden before scoring two third-period goals to remain undefeated.

http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/news/m..._06eval_080906/

forney had 1 goal for usa white in a 8-5 win over finland

jones 3 penalties and chorney 1 penalty in 4-2 usa blue win over sweden

It should be interesting to see how Forney does at camp. We will need him to produce this year. Oshie, Toews, Kozek, Duncan, and Porter will probably be 5 of the forwards on the top two lines. Leaving one open spot. Could Forney step into that void?? There is no one that really sticks out for that spot.

I'm wondering how penalties will affect Jones' chance at gaining a slot?

i would say it all depends on what type they are, tough as we cannot watch them, are they agressive or just dumb? who knows.......just dont f$#@ with zach or you get the HORNS :love:

You'll like Forney. No comment on the penalties as I honestly can't remember who took what as there were so many of them. Lots of delay penalties - the glass seems pretty low esp. at the ends so that may be a factor. Nearly ran out of frozen pucks in one period. Penalized players on all four teams whined equally about the officiating so it must have been good :-).

Lee showed up injured and, I believe, is back home now (that sounds bad - he came to camp to show commitment despite having an injury that would prevent participation).

Players should be required to wear their name (or #) on the front of their helmet at all times, especially practice! I think I can recognize about 12 of the guys at all times and a few others some of the time, but the rest I have no clue if a number isn't visible. Some of the shots I liked best from today I couldn't use since I couldn't id the guys (it isn't bias dictating my choices, but ability to i.d.).

Not sure when the Wednesday and Thursday pictorials will be on the USCHO front page, but I believe I may have managed to NOT screw up a North Dakota i.d. for the first time :-).

At the U18 tournament in the Czech Republic, USA and Canada will play for Gold on Saturday as both teams swept their respective pools 3-0. Unfortunately Belfour has been his team's backup.

Updated. This post has been simplified for a Skippy, the State of Hockey. By the way Skippy, besides the obvious seperation by a comma afeter the Czech Republic, the word both implies two. Example: Phil the Krill now realizes that this coming season he will be playing in BOTH the AHL and the NHL.

i cant believe Ryan Stoa was wearing his gopher breezers. :love: wow

great pix !

I'm sure all of them were wearing their own teams' breezers. You need breezers that are broken in and comfortable. They all probably had those USA hockey breezer covers on their regular breezers.