AZSIOUX

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8976

kozek #16

forney #18

(other notables)

kaip

16. Andrew Kozek, RW

53rd overall, 2005 Entry Draft

Kozek possesses a lot of raw talent, but the scoring prowess he displayed in the BCHL in his draft year has not yet translated to the college level. Last year he had just 13 points in 45 games for the University of North Dakota.

The challenge for him will be to turn the talent into production, first in the NCAA, and then professionally. The 20-year-old winger will be a sophomore at UND this season. Having seen low amounts of ice time last year, he should get more opportunity going forward.

18. Michael Forney, LW

80th overall, 2006 Entry Draft

Forney was a high-risk, high-reward selection. It

OTTAWA RANKINGS FROM HF

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8977

2. (2) Brian Lee, D, 8.0C

Acquired: 1st round, 9th overall, 2005

With the moves made by John Muckler over the summer, the Senators seem to have focussed their blueline strategy on mobility and transition ability, illustrated by the re-signing of Wade Redden and not Zdeno Chara, and the acquisitions of Joe Corvo and Tom Preissing. Perhaps the selection of Brian Lee, if not Andrej Meszaros the year before, should have been taken as a hint to how the organization would build its blueline in the

He played in Switzerland last year as far as I know and is expected to return there next season

yeah i kow that but was just wondering on the rights teams have and how many years. he is playing with them again. just curious. he is obviously still property if he is on the prospects list...he didnt exaclty light it up i guess

05/06...RAPPERSWIL-JONA

GP-36 G-3 A-9 PTS12 PIM-26

Note on Lee: Hockeysfuture is dead on with Lee's weaknesses but only to a certain extent. Lee isn't physical enough, but he should not be expected to be as physical as Smaby, Greene, or any of those defensive defensemen types. Positionally, he's as good as anyone on the Sioux, but his greatest asset are the assets listed in that blurb from hockeysfuture. If I could choose any defenseman on the Sioux to start the offensive rush when the game was on the line, I'd choose Lee. Sure, it is tough considering how good Chorney was last season, but I think Lee is the man when it comes to that.

As for Brady Murray: IMO (because I can't seem to figure out how to find out this type of information) I'd think that Brady's entering his final year (now until June 1, 2007) of his Kings ownership status. If he doesn't get signed by the LA Kings by June 1, 2007, then he becomes a Free Agent. As for the Swiss league, I thought it was widely assumed to be a more defensive league? I don't know. I am just not sure that Brady made the best choice by leaving UND for that league.

As for the Swiss league, I thought it was widely assumed to be a more defensive league? I don't know. I am just not sure that Brady made the best choice by leaving UND for that league.

Widely assumed by whom? For it to be "widely" assumed, you must think a lot of people around here follow that league, which I don't think is the case.

He got a very good offer to go play over there, and he looked at his options and decided it was best for him. How much do you know about that league anyways? Been to a lot of their games? Read that nice website all the time?

I'm not sure we saw enough of his "healthy" games here to decide if he is an NHL player or not.

Widely assumed by whom? For it to be "widely" assumed, you must think a lot of people around here follow that league, which I don't think is the case.

He got a very good offer to go play over there, and he looked at his options and decided it was best for him. How much do you know about that league anyways? Been to a lot of their games? Read that nice website all the time?

I'm not sure we saw enough of his "healthy" games here to decide if he is an NHL player or not.

i think brady will be in the nhl someday, depends if the money is better. he was the rookie of the year and had a hell of a season..just to bad he did get hurt, one of those players you sit back and say (WHAT IF) because the kid can flat out play in my eyes

Note on Lee: Hockeysfuture is dead on with Lee's weaknesses but only to a certain extent. Lee isn't physical enough, but he should not be expected to be as physical as Smaby, Greene, or any of those defensive defensemen types. Positionally, he's as good as anyone on the Sioux, but his greatest asset are the assets listed in that blurb from hockeysfuture. If I could choose any defenseman on the Sioux to start the offensive rush when the game was on the line, I'd choose Lee. Sure, it is tough considering how good Chorney was last season, but I think Lee is the man when it comes to that.

As for Brady Murray: IMO (because I can't seem to figure out how to find out this type of information) I'd think that Brady's entering his final year (now until June 1, 2007) of his Kings ownership status. If he doesn't get signed by the LA Kings by June 1, 2007, then he becomes a Free Agent. As for the Swiss league, I thought it was widely assumed to be a more defensive league? I don't know. I am just not sure that Brady made the best choice by leaving UND for that league.

Yippee...it is getting to the time of the year when coach/scout Redwing comes out and shows his superior hockey knowledge. ???

I actually agree that it is a defensive league. Most european leagues are very defensive minded and tough to score in. Michael Frolik(top 10 pick in draft) scored 3 goals this year in 40 some games in the Czech Elite League. 3 goals(yes he is a forward)!. Most of the european leagues are defensive, and I expect the same for the Swiss league.

For what it's worth, I'm not so sure Brady Murray will ever make the NHL. He has the wheels, but he is very small. I know that it is the new NHL and all, but I just don't think Murray will make it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Redwing (and others), Brian Lee will never be a physical dman in the style of Greene, Smaby et al. He's never played that way, and unless he (or Ottawa) decides to do a 180, he ain't going to. I've watched Brian play hockey for years, and he will hit someone with a vengeance, it is just not his style of play. I've seen him absolutely lay a kid out flat with as punishing a hit anyone ever delivered. But that is rare.

Lee will rack up a lot of assists again this year (23 as a freshman blueliner is huge). I would think we'll see him score a dozen or so goals. But if you're looking for him to start sending opponents into la-la land, you'll be waiting for a long time. Not a slam on Brian by any measure. On the contrary, I like his style of play, and have absolute confidence in him, both defensively and leading a rush up ice.

Redwing (and others), Brian Lee will never be a physical dman in the style of Greene, Smaby et al. He's never played that way, and unless he (or Ottawa) decides to do a 180, he ain't going to. I've watched Brian play hockey for years, and he will hit someone with a vengeance, it is just not his style of play. I've seen him absolutely lay a kid out flat with as punishing a hit anyone ever delivered. But that is rare.

Lee will rack up a lot of assists again this year (23 as a freshman blueliner is huge). I would think we'll see him score a dozen or so goals. But if you're looking for him to start sending opponents into la-la land, you'll be waiting for a long time. Not a slam on Brian by any measure. On the contrary, I like his style of play, and have absolute confidence in him, both defensively and leading a rush up ice.

I never said he was a physical defenseman a la Greene. At least, it was my intention to say that he wouldn't be like that...

I actually agree that it is a defensive league. Most european leagues are very defensive minded and tough to score in. Michael Frolik(top 10 pick in draft) scored 3 goals this year in 40 some games in the Czech Elite League. 3 goals(yes he is a forward)!. Most of the european leagues are defensive, and I expect the same for the Swiss league.

For what it's worth, I'm not so sure Brady Murray will ever make the NHL. He has the wheels, but he is very small. I know that it is the new NHL and all, but I just don't think Murray will make it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Be very careful when you post. Agreeing with me is dangerous to your credibility apparently. ???

My husband, the Midwest Ottawa scout, agrees with your assessment, mikejm. I just read him your response to Redwing (and others) and he says it's a fairly accurate statement. Maybe he will be a Bobby Orr....we can only hope ( my words not his). ???

My husband, the Midwest Ottawa scout, agrees with your assessment, mikejm. I just read him your response to Redwing (and others) and he says it's a fairly accurate statement. Maybe he will be a Bobby Orr....we can only hope ( my words not his). ;)

I believe this would be called CREDIBILITY folks. (I gotta get it where I can ??? )

(And thanks mccarsu...the check will be in the mail this evening) ;)

I believe this would be called CREDIBILITY folks. (I gotta get it where I can ??? )

(And thanks mccarsu...the check will be in the mail this evening) ;)

Cue Homer Simpson with "ohhhhh...here we go...". simpsons-homer.jpg

mikejm, ASSISTANT Midwest Ottawa scout?

Is you husband's name Bill ? If it is I sat next to him a couple years ago when Warroad played Moorehead, he's a nice guy, and that was a game for the ages.

You found me out! Yes his name is Bill. I wasn't at that game but he said it was an excellent game. He always liked Brian Lee and was very happy that Ottawa was able to get him 9th overall in the first round in 2005. Are you from Warroad? He said he talked with someone for a long time during the game who was very knowledgable. Could that be you? Thanks for the kind words as well.

Are you from Warroad? He said he talked with someone for a long time during the game who was very knowledgable. Could that be you?

No way it was THETRIOUXPER. Just ask the Gopher fans around here. ???

My husband, the Midwest Ottawa scout, agrees with your assessment, mikejm. I just read him your response to Redwing (and others) and he says it's a fairly accurate statement. Maybe he will be a Bobby Orr....we can only hope ( my words not his). ;)

*grumbles* I basically said the same thing as mikejm without the projections. ???;)

You found me out! Yes his name is Bill. I wasn't at that game but he said it was an excellent game. He always liked Brian Lee and was very happy that Ottawa was able to get him 9th overall in the first round in 2005. Are you from Warroad? He said he talked with someone for a long time during the game who was very knowledgable. Could that be you? Thanks for the kind words as well.

I'm not from Warroad, I live in GF. A couple of my friends and I had a great time talking to him. During the game we tried to let him do his job, but between periods we had some good conversation. I learned a ton about what a scout does and looks for in a player, as Bill was willing to answer all of our questions. I have met other scouts and most of them are all business, but your husband was very gracious to us, it was just a real fun evening. He sure had plenty of talent to evaluate that night. I'm also glad for Ottawa and for Brian Lee, they are going to have a darn good player for years to come.

*grumbles* I basically said the same thing as mikejm without the projections. ;);)

And you shall be duly recognized...By the power vested in me I hereby proclaim redwing to be the Assistant Assistant Midwest Ottawa Scout! ???