SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Trips?

dakotadan

The last couple of seasons I have tried to make at least 1 road trip a season. Last year I headed to the UND/USD game.

( ??? ) The year before that I went to the UND/UNO game in Omaha and also made it to St. Cloud for the playoff game.

Looking at this year's road schedule the choices are: Central Washington, Northern Iowa, Augustana, Nebraska-Omaha, or St. Cloud State.

I've been to both UNO and SCSU, and I don't really plan on driving out to Washington. I have been to Auggie's stadium but never seen a game there. So a group of us are considering driving down for the UNI game. It would be nice to see what our competition will be looking like in a few years and fun making a few new friends at a potential future rival. Are there many others planning on making the trip?

Going back to UNO would always be fun and most likely a great game. And I am guessing that there should be a good following of Sioux fans.

So I'm just wondering what others are thinking about doing. Anyone know of any big group trips that may be planned? It is always fun to travel with big groups of Sioux fans.

Can't wait for the season to begin!!!

I'm a farmer, so I usually end up missing one or two home games each year (with only 5 home games this year, I hope to keep it to one at the most ??? ). I've never made a road trip but my wife and I have decided to try and make a point of going to at least one away game each year from here on out. This year we're planning on St. Cloud St. because it falls so late in the year so it should work out. I'd love to go to the UNI game, but it is just too early in the season, and I think we'll be too busy.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I will heading out to the Central Washington game as we live in Montana and have family out in Western Idaho. I am looking forward to watching the Sioux play live again. It's been a while. GO SIOUX!!!

There is a fan bus going to the UNI game! Al Pearson has a bus going at 1:00 Friday, Sept 8th - staying at the Ramada Inn both Friday and Saturday nights (game time is 4:05 on Saturday the 9th). $125.00 includes the bus fare, "refreshments" on the bus trip, game ticket, tailgate party ticket. The tailgate party is from 1:00 - 4:00 on Saturday before the game - sponsored by UND alumni and includes food and drink. Should be a great time- 38 seats left on the bus the last I heard. Call Al at 218-779-5740 or Dyana Beaton at 701-741-6807 to reserve your spot.

• 3 weeks later...