Hrkac_Circus

goalie for the rest of the year  

81 members have voted

1. 1. goalie for the rest of the year

• Marc Ranfranz
    • Josh Siembieda
    • Jake Brandt
    • Ryan Soffie

It is not clear why the Sioux have not recruited Nate Ziegelmann. It may be because they have a glut of goalies, or it may be because they have Lamoreaux coming in the next year. He has been in contact with Duluth and CC, and he will have to choose fairly soon. Schmidtdoggydog can shed more light on this subject because of some inside information, but it is my understanding that he REALLY would like to play for the Sioux but the Sioux coaching staff has not contacted him even once.

It is awful hard to second guess Dean Blais and his coaches after the success they have had, but it would be nice to see local talent if they are top notch. I can tell you that the same situation occurred with both Dan Irmen and Grant Potulny in that neither were recruited. Grant may have been somewhat of a question, but Danny Irmen is not. I have seen Danny play since he has been a squirt, and he is the real deal. He will be a stud with the Gophers.

After playing high school hockey against both nate z. and layne sedevie i would definitely choose to have layne as the next goaltender for the sioux. Layne's percentage wasnt as good as nate's but that is because he played with the demons, had he played with the 'riders as nate did you would see the difference and so would the sioux coaching staff. Good luck to them both and to the sioux.

Does anyone know why Dean didn't recruit ziggy, he is one of the best. I think he will regret his loss in the long run when the sioux has to play against ziggy. Has he been picked up by any college team yet?

I think that is the $64,000.00 question. I think Ziggy would have been a nice addition to the Green and White.

I think your comment about Sioux fans' whines about backup goalies is dead-on, jk. And I didn't even have to lip read it.

I'm of the opinion that our goalie situation would be more stable if the rest of the team was more consistent and driven to win at crucial times. (Spiewak's efforts last night should be model for the rest of the team, and not just when we're behind.) Not to say our current goalies would be like Casey or Belfour, but those guys had very strong supporting casts to puff their numbers.