SiouxSports.com Forum

Pics

cjsol

Your 1982 suit or the one you just bought last week at Silverman's? :lol:

That's right. I bought the suit last week and sent it back to the 80s using Uncle Rico's time machine. In fact, if you look closely, you can see Rico in the picture holding a Bud Light. ;)

Post #3 is just nonsense, I think Siouxnami must be a little crazy... :lol:

I believe number #12 is in reference to the game in which Cary Eades was skating by the UW bench and one of the Badgers squirted him in the face with a water bottle. Since it was in 1982 my memory fails me, but I thought he was squirted twice. The first time he ignored it but the second time led to one of the many UW-UND brawls of the early 1980's. Since there were many brawls those years I am not sure if it was the same game (water bottle game) but I remember UW fans getting involved at the UND bench and the police came in to restore order.

I believe number #12 is in reference to the game in which Cary Eades was skating by the UW bench and one of the Badgers squirted him in the face with a water bottle. Since it was in 1982 my memory fails me, but I thought he was squirted twice. The first time he ignored it but the second time led to one of the many UW-UND brawls of the early 1980's. Since there were many brawls those years I am not sure if it was the same game (water bottle game) but I remember UW fans getting involved at the UND bench and the police came in to restore order.

Actually, in the national championship game, the Wisco crowd can be heard chanting clearly "Eades is a goon" when he is on the ice. Near the end of the game, and following it, the Wisco crowd gave the Sioux team a standing O, including Eades as he skated with the trophy.

The water bottle incident happened during the regular season at Wisco, and although Eades was the one squirted with the water bottle, Archie played a large role in the melee that ensued on the Wisco bench. Archie was led off the ice to the Sioux dressing room, and ran around on the concrete in the tunnels (in his skates, sparks flying all the way around on the concrete) and back up the ramp to the Wisco bench, and the brawl renewed.

Can't believe we don't have a Sioux fan with a video of that game?

Actually, in the national championship game, the Wisco crowd can be heard chanting clearly "Eades is a goon" when he is on the ice. Near the end of the game, and following it, the Wisco crowd gave the Sioux team a standing O, including Eades as he skated with the trophy.

The water bottle incident happened during the regular season at Wisco, and although Eades was the one squirted with the water bottle, Archie played a large role in the melee that ensued on the Wisco bench. Archie was led off the ice to the Sioux dressing room, and ran around on the concrete in the tunnels (in his skates, sparks flying all the way around on the concrete) and back up the ramp to the Wisco bench, and the brawl renewed.

Did we see a bit of that in the video that was shown the night we arrived in Milwaukee in the hotel bar? I cant remember who had the video, but it was fights. I'd like to get a copy of that if anyone knows who it belongs to.

......Archie played a large role in the melee that ensued on the Wisco bench. Archie was led off the ice to the Sioux dressing room, and ran around on the concrete in the tunnels (in his skates, sparks flying all the way around on the concrete) and back up the ramp to the Wisco bench, and the brawl renewed.

I wasn't at the Wi game but remember the Archie incident. What an animal!!! We sure did love our goon!!

Congrats Sprig, you win the prize!

I think you can order a DVD at this site:

http://www.hdhockey.tv/search

Cary Eades has a tape of the game. I talked to a kid who played for Eades at Warroad, and he told me that Cary had the team over to his house to watch the video. If anybody here can get a copy of that game I would be happy to make DVDs of it for everybody here who is interested.