SiouxSports.com Forum

Engelstad's Hitler birthday parties

buckysieve

Where did you hear that? I'm just curious, since this has been here in discussion for a while, and thats never been brought up.

I heard something similar back when the discussion first took place several years ago. I thought that Ralph might have held the first party and then realized it was a mistake and didn't plan to do it again. But then his staff threw the second one 2 years later and that is when it became public knowledge. But I haven't been able to find a link to show that so I didn't want to throw it out their without some proof.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you're right on there!! I, myself, with my own two eyes, have seen those wheelchair recipients cutting out poker chips with those strong wheel turning hands and fingers they all have and then in order to get the chips juuuust flat enough they roll over them with their wheel chairs. The little ridges on the side of the chips are made with their teeth. :D

Perhaps he should have made the donation of 2000 wheel chairs to a Jewish Childrens Hospital. Maybe that would have been a good way to show his sincere regret for the parties and show that he was not a racist.

Perhaps he should have made the donation of 2000 wheel chairs to a Jewish Childrens Hospital. Maybe that would have been a good way to show his sincere regret for the parties and show that he was not a racist.

He did offer to donate his World War II collection to the Holocaust Museum. Was that not good enough for you?

IF he had done so, some 'SU fan would call him a racist for excluding Christians, atheists, Muslems, etc. Instead he donated them to persons in need. I guess you could call him prejudiced for not including able bodied persons as wheelchair recipients.

IF he had done so, some 'SU fan would call him a racist for excluding Christians, atheists, Muslems, etc. Instead he donated them to persons in need. I guess you could call him prejudiced for not including able bodied persons as wheelchair recipients.

Two points:

1. This statement is true. If he did do that, there would be many who'd question why he singled out one group in need when there are so many in need that aren't of that group.

2. Let's not kid ourselves. NDSU would HARDLY be the only group of people who would point fingers and call names. We'd have to thow UMN and SCSU in there AT LEAST.

Oh, I see. Well, that probably explains why you tend to be rather judgemental and condescending at times.

Imagine that, a guy posting on a sports message board having an opinion and imagine fans of a formal rival finding him condescending-heaven forbid!

Imagine that, a guy posting on a sports message board having an opinion and imagine fans of a formal rival finding him condescending-heaven forbid!

I suspect that Dave's comment has more to do with his bias against religious people than it does with you being a Bison fan. In any event, his remark was uncalled for and certainly more condescending and judgemental than anything you've ever written here.

Edited by PCM

I suspect that Dave's comment has more to do with his bias against religious people than it does with you being a Bison fan. In any event, the remark was uncalled for and certainly more condescending and judgemental than anything you've ever written here.

Did you mean that 'he's ever written'?

It is no big secret that people who are overzealous about religion are often extremely judgemental towards those of us who do not share their views. I'm sorry if that offends anybody, but it's true. That's all I will say about that topic.

Even though I am not an especially religious person, I recognize that there is such a thing as religious bigotry. I'm sorry if that offends you, but it's true.

For the sake of everyone here I'm going to skip the "tongue-in-check" thing IowaBison...I just don't have the energy anymore...

Here's a little story for you...my wife and I recently got back from a trip to Vegas. We stayed at the Imperial Palace because I figured...hey, if Ralph tossed $100 million plus+ GF's way? The least I can do is return the favor with a couple hundred dollars. When we checked in - the desk clerk (from Pakistan I think?) said..."oh - you're from Grand Forks?" He went on to rave about how Ralph kept everyone on the payroll after 9/11 when all the other Vegas hotels were laying people off left and right and how he and other employees missed him after his passing. I told him we owed him a lot too and lifted up my REA luggage bag and he smiled and gave us a free room upgrade and moved us to a more quiet floor...no extra charge. That whole "Hitler" party thing was a JOKE! (apparently "big time" schools have no sense of humor :lol: ) Nice try though making a mountain out of an OLD mole hill. Maybe someday someone will give 'su money like that then you can cry about the rectal exam HE/SHE receives about it...even 5 years after the fact!!! Get a life...

Best post on here.

Ralph (from what I know about him) was a pretty good guy....took care of his univerisity and the program that he used to be a part of.

This thing is getting old. This is just another way of rival schools gathering up material for them to throw in our face. Doesn't change the fact that our hockey team is LEGIT and the goophers finished their season with a loss to HOLY CROSS!

Does anybody here recall a Simpsons episode from many years ago where Bart thought Ned Flanders had killed his wife when it turned out it was actually his wife's plant he had accidentally killed? When his wife returned at the end of the episode she explained that she had been away "at bible camp learning how to be more judgemental". So, you see, it isn't just me who sees it that way. It is no big secret that people who are overzealous about religion are often extremely judgemental towards those of us who do not share their views. I'm sorry if that offends anybody, but it's true. That's all I will say about that topic.

Do you remember the the Simpsons episode (I believe it's Krusty gets Kancelled) where there is a crazy old man singing, "That old gray mare she ain't what she used to be."

DaveK-you're the crazy man

If you took a minute to read my posts, both separately, and in the context of the thread in which they are posted you might be able to be part of an on-going conversation on a number of topics of interest to UND-possibly by presenting evidence and argument to pick apart one of them. Instead, you see that a poster supports the Bison, ignore their post and go off on a tangent.

You want to talk about being judgemental, you read that I am religious (which I brought up in response to a very good hypothetical by PCM) and refer to a judgemental and condescending religious stereotype.

Here's this topic in a nutshell (Mikey Myers immediately comes to mind):

1. Enelstad had a party (maybe 2) where folks dressed at Hitler

2. He realized the poor judgement made and never did it again

3. He probably more than atoned for the error with philanthropic activies throughout his life

The rest us should:

4. Forgive and forget

The End

Here's this topic in a nutshell (Mikey Myers immediately comes to mind):

1. Enelstad had a party (maybe 2) where folks dressed at Hitler

2. He realized the poor judgement made and never did it again

3. He probably more than atoned for the error with philanthropic activies throughout his life

The rest us should:

4. Forgive and forget

The End

And with this startlingly refreshing remark (by a Gopher fan no less!) I think the symbol of the red X should appear on this thread, because:

There's nothing left to say

On a side note, PCM has the greatest avatar EVER!!!!! I love that thing, wish that guy would have beat the snot out of Frazee after he did that!!!!! ???

I was at that game but don't recall that incident in particular. Details, please.

I was at that game but don't recall that incident in particular. Details, please.

It was during game 2 at Minnestoa. I believe it happened at the end of the second period as both teams were headed off the ice. Smaby was chatting with the ref and not really paying attention. Frazee came by and "accidentally" bumped into Matt. Then they exchanged some words.

It wasn't visible on TV at the time it happened, but Frank Mazzocco and Doug Woog showed the video replay and talked about the incident just before the third period stated. Frank's imagined remark for Smaby was, "A flea hit me!"

Doug said that Frazee should stay away from Smaby -- for about 20 years. ???

It was during game 2 at Minnestoa. I believe it happened at the end of the second period as both teams were headed off the ice. Smaby was chatting with the ref and not really paying attention. Frazee came by and "accidentally" bumped into Matt. Then they exchanged some words.

It wasn't visible on TV at the time it happened, but Frank Mazzocco and Doug Woog showed the video replay and talked about the incident just before the third period stated. Frank's imagined remark for Smaby was, "A flea hit me!"

Doug said that Frazee should stay away from Smaby -- for about 20 years. :lol:

I must've been in line buying nachos. ???