SiouxSports.com Forum

Rough day for Toews @ the combine

degroat

I know that you can't put too much stock in what is said in these interviews but did anyone else catch Johnson hinting that he won't "make the jump (to the pro's) for a couple of years ." That would rock!

you are right in that you can't put stock into wat they say but thats good to at least hear if you are a gophs fan. if you guys get 1 year from the guy you should be happy...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that you can't put too much stock in what is said in these interviews but did anyone else catch Johnson hinting that he won't "make the jump (to the pro's) for a couple of years ." That would rock!

I guess it will soften the blow of Johnson go direct to the Pros but the Sioux D all know his one move by now anyway.

I guess it will soften the blow of Johnson go direct to the Pros but the Sioux D all know his one move by now anyway.

Um, can you explain the stuff about the things again? I am guessing that either:

1. You are smashed

2. You are confusing Johnson with Kessell

3. You think Johnson and Kessell are the same person

4. You have the attention span of a jr. higher after shot-gunning a six-pack of "Vault"

5. A combo of 1,2,3 and 4

Um, can you explain the stuff about the things again? I am guessing that either:

1. You are smashed

2. You are confusing Johnson with Kessell

3. You think Johnson and Kessell are the same person

4. You have the attention span of a jr. higher after shot-gunning a six-pack of "Vault"

5. A combo of 1,2,3 and 4

im guessing you meant kessel or maybe you are talking in CODE :ohmy:

great interview by Toews! I cant even imagine what that Crosby,Toews,Malkin line would be like. wow is all i can say. He is pretty well spoken. :lol: Kessel's was straight and to the point,almost like he didnt understand the question...:ohmy:

After listening to that interview I would think that Mr. Toews is gone. It sounds like he is looking to his pro career right away. I am sorry but that would suck. I want him to stay and play for the Sioux at least one more year. One more thing you are right. Kessel one statement. Extreme face Makeover buddy....UGLY, it should be a crime to be that UGLY!

After listening to that interview I would think that Mr. Toews is gone. It sounds like he is looking to his pro career right away. I am sorry but that would suck. I want him to stay and play for the Sioux at least one more year. One more thing you are right. Kessel one statement. Extreme face Makeover buddy....UGLY, it should be a crime to be that UGLY!

it all depends on who drafts toews, it is that simple

From what I understand you ride the bike for a certian amount of time with someone screaming in your ear to keep pedaling as fast as you can. and then for the last minitue or so they suddenly raise the resistance by quite a bit and you are expected to keep pedaling as fast as you were or at least close to it. Has anyone else heard the same thing? I cant' remember where I read it. Somewhere online this morning

and don't get me wrong I enjoy watching Kessel play. But isn't he one ugly SOB

I'll trade the tail he gets for the tail I get.

I'll trade the tail he gets for the tail I get.

i dont know about that, isnt he dating a gopher womens player or something..no fence but not sure how hot she can be :lol: plus if the kid is in a bar (of course not for 3 more years :ohmy: ) and if the girlies didnt know who he was and what type of check he will be cashing then i guarentee you and i ATL can do a hell of a lot better :huh:

SWITCHING BACK TO TOPIC

should be very interesting on where toews goes in the draft, i have a feeling pittsburgh moves up somehow and grabs e johnson leaving it a wide open crapshoot from there. hell, toews or staal will go next with the other being picked no later than 5 at the very worst. throw kessel and backstrom in there as well...can wait to see what happens....

or EJ joins oshie in st louis and pitt grabs toews or staal to go with sid the kid and malkin :ohmy: either one of them going there makes for a damn scary core of great young players....

also i see the WILD taking forney higher than expected with their 2nd 1st round pick, just a hunch..if he doesnt go to minnesota with that pick at #17 (via edm) i see forney going to new jersey or st louis late 1st..then lapoint going 1st 10 picks in the 2nd round.

zach (dont fk with me) jones going 3-6 rounds

darcy zajac?? not sure, maybe he will be picked up late rounds (im assuming he is draft eligible?)

is trupp eligible??

ANYONE ELSE IM MISSING

also will we be signing phils lamoreux's brother?

for those few who know about our MYSTERY recruit goaile if jpar leaves, WILL HE BE DRAFT ELIGIBLE?

i know this is not the right thread but maybe some can help since it is somewhat a draft thread......thx

NCAA player info from HF...top 55 from HF

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8803

Zach Jones*

Freshman, University of North Dakota

Jones, along with his defensive partner Matt Smaby (TB), gave North Dakota one of the nation

should be very interesting on where toews goes in the draft, i have a feeling pittsburgh moves up somehow and grabs e johnson leaving it a wide open crapshoot from there.

I know a lot of people think that the Blues will want a forward, but if there's one that that I'm sure of when it come to Jarmo Kekalainen, it's that he's going to take the best player available. If they think that Johnson is the best player in the draft, I seriously doubt that they'd trade down.

There has actually been some talk that the Blues are looking to move UP from Carolina's first round pick and get another pick in the top 6. I'd love that, just as long as they got Toews, Backstrom, or Okposo.

i dont know about that, isnt he dating a gopher womens player or something..no fence but not sure how hot she can be :lol: plus if the kid is in a bar (of course not for 3 more years :ohmy: ) and if the girlies didnt know who he was and what type of check he will be cashing then i guarentee you and i ATL can do a hell of a lot better :huh:

Good points......if he is in a bar in CA or NY it would be a tough row to hoe.....but if he is in MN and tells the girl he is Phil Kessel, it could be lights out

AZSIOUX'S 2006 1ST ROUND TOP 17 PICKS, DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT ANY OTHERS AFTER THIS POINT UNLESS THEY ARE WCHA PRODUCTS......JUST FOR FUN SO FEEL FREE TO RIP ANY PICKS :ohmy:

StLouisBlues.gif1. D ERIK JOHNSON (NTDP, GOPHS 2006/07)

pit75.jpg2. C JONATHAN TOEWS (NCAA, SIOUX)

ChicagoBlackhawks.gif 3. C JORDAN STAAL (OHL)

WashingtonCapitals.gif4. C PHIL KESSEL(NCAA, GOPHS)

BostonBruins.gif 5. C NIKLAS BACKSTROM (SWEDEN)

nhl_columbus_blue_jackets.gif 6. C DERICK BRASSARD (QMJHL)

7. NY ISLES C PETER MUELLER (WHL, TOO BAD FOR THE GOPHS, HES THE 1 THAT GOT AWAY)

8. PHOENIX RW KYLE OKPOSO (USHL, GOPHS 2006/07)

9. MINNESOTA RW MICHAEL FROLIK (CZECH)

10. FLORIDA C BRYAN LITTLE (OHL)

11. LOS ANGELES C JIRI TLUSTY (CZECH)

12. ATLANTA LW JAMES SHEPPARD (QMJHL)

13. TORONTO D BOB SANQUINETTI (OHL)

14. VANCOUVER RW CHRIS STEWART (OHL)

15. TAMPA BAY D TY WISHART (WHL)

16. MONTREAL D MIKE WEBER (OHL)

17. MINNESOTA (VIA EDM) 17. LW MIKE FORNEY (TRF HIGH/SIOUX 06/07)

DAVID FISCHER who i believe will be gopher in 07/08 is a posible late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for sure

DERICK LAPOINT who will be with the sioux 2007/08 will go early 2nd round

Few things of note:

1. I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago went off the board and drafted Sanguinetti (Major Juniors). Why? Chicago wants speed over all else and he reportedly is the fastest player in the draft. In any case, Chicago will draft for speed first. Boston (sorry Goon) will more than likely blow their first pick like they've done quite often over the past 16 years. The Bruins are the Minnesota Vikings of the NHL draft.

2. Forney won't go 17th overall. Most draft rankings have him 20th to 35th in ranking. Yeah, there are a few that have him as high as 15 (and a few rubes predicting that he could go in the top 10 or 15), but I just don't see it with Forney's injury trouble as of late. Trust me when I say this, Forney will be better off if he doesn't get drafted by Minnesota anyways. Forney will either go with one of the last picks in the first round or somewhere in the first half of the second round. Just my hunch.

3. Okposo is a wild card. He did pretty good so far in the combine and his stock is definitely rising. I don't see him cracking the top 5, but he could go higher than 8th overall.

4. Again, I don't see Zach Jones going before the 5th round, if he gets drafted at all. Yes, I think there is a chance that he gets overlooked entirely.