SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Farewell

WiSioux

I am surprised the Pro-name change people are protesting this. I thought it was cool and I told my wife I wanted to be burried in my Sioux jersey. I would also like to add a golf club and a duck call in my hands.

His enthusiasm was amazing! When I first met John, I noticed his Sioux logo tat. He told me a friend had given him a picture of the new logo before it was even accepted by UND. He liked it so much he got the tattoo. He'll be missed.

Edited by Sioux-cia

I would like to say I will miss John deeply he was a very special person.

I met John over 10 yrs ago and we became instant friends. His wife Terry and family are great. I will miss going on "scouting missions" to Fargo to see future UND stars. :0

John had a passion for UND hockey and anyone who bid against John on Ebay know this also. :D

It was an honor to know such a great man!

Good-Bye John until we see each other at the next hockey game in the sky..

Proud to be a Sioux fan!! (#4)

I would see this guy at every game, but I never knew who he was. All I knew was that he was diehard because I saw him every time I was at a Sioux game.

Those Gopher fans up in heaven must have been giving God a hard time, and so He needed another Sioux fan by His side.

I am surprised the Pro-name change people are protesting this. I thought it was cool and I told my wife I wanted to be burried in my Sioux jersey. I would also like to add a golf club and a duck call in my hands.

They are protesting this? Are they saying that the Sioux logo caused his death because of the hostility the logo causes? I don't understand.

Anyways, RIP John.

P.S. Goon- Your golf clubs? What good have they ever done you? :0

They are protesting this? Are they saying that the Sioux logo caused his death because of the hostility the logo causes? I don't understand.

Anyways, RIP John.

P.S. Goon- Your golf clubs? What good have they ever done you? :D

Actually I have a Fighting Sioux golf bag so I am sure that it will get protested evetually.

Also, I have a nice set of clubs that I just can't seem to hit very well. I suppose I will have to go out and buy a new set. Damn calloway clubs. :0

Just a note of thanks to everyone for their support and prayers following John's death. He was an avid Fighting Sioux fan and loved everything about UND, especially following the hockey and football teams. After he was unable to follow the teams on the road, it was not unusual to see him watching the Gophers game (with the sound shut off, just to see them lose) while cheering for the Sioux on the radio. Check out the national coverage he received from ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2444132

He would have been honored by the media attention and everyone's responses and prayers. Thank you sincerely. Go Sioux!

Terry Hjelmstad