SiouxSports.com Forum

DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE

Sioux-cia

Keep your fingers crossed, we're on an entirely new server.

I've been working on it since January after the ugly crash and have had it ready to go for almost 2 months, but have been afraid to pull the trigger until a relatively "quiet" time because I didn't know how long it would take. 1 hour was a pleasant surprise.

I undoubtedly missed something, so if you notice anything out of whack, let me know.

I don't know about the rest of you but that brief time without SiouxSports.com was really scary!! I only just crawled out from under the bed!! Phew, it's up and running!!! Life is good!!!

Wow! I agree with Sioux-cia, it was scary! Thanks for getting it back up and running administrator (and who ever else helped, if any). From the sound of things it had to be done though. I was not a member for the "ugly crash" but it sounds like it was bad.

Wow! I agree with Sioux-cia, it was scary! Thanks for getting it back up and running administrator (and who ever else helped, if any). From the sound of things it had to be done though. I was not a member for the "ugly crash" but it sounds like it was bad.

I wasn't a member during the ugly crash, but now that I think about it, Sioux-cia was a little on edge for awhile...a little mumbling, some drooling, draging one foot when she walked, dazed look. :0

Yeah, things haven't been particularly stable so far on this new server -- another hiccup this afternoon.

I'm still trying to tweak it a bit, but if I can't get it better soon, we'll give up on these guys and move back to the hard-drive destroyers for now.

UPDATE -- Monday night: ok, the new server just couldn't cut it. We're back to the old one for now.

Jim, thanks for all the work you do to keep this site up and running. I can only imagine the headaches it must give you. As members, we only suffer a little withdrawal from not getting our fix but you have to fix the problems.

Again thanks.

• 2 months later...
Keep your fingers crossed, we're on an entirely new server.

I've been working on it since January after the ugly crash and have had it ready to go for almost 2 months, but have been afraid to pull the trigger until a relatively "quiet" time because I didn't know how long it would take. 1 hour was a pleasant surprise.

I undoubtedly missed something, so if you notice anything out of whack, let me know.

Try, try again. We're back up on a different new server. I'd still like to find a better home since the ugly crash, so hopefully this one can handle the load. We'll see how the next couple days go.

Update -- I see that some of the security settings I increased in the transition are causing problems on some pages. I'll be cleaning them up one by one, but feel free to point out any that you notice.